IGNORED

Where’s good in BS1 for football?

BRISTOL86

Haven’t been out to watch football in town for many years. Where’s good these days? 

Closer to the centre the better. Just somewhere where we might actually stand a chance of getting a table (we’re all getting old!!) and won’t have to wait 3 weeks for a drink. 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Haven’t been out to watch football in town for many years. Where’s good these days? 

Closer to the centre the better. Just somewhere where we might actually stand a chance of getting a table (we’re all getting old!!) and won’t have to wait 3 weeks for a drink. 

Many moons back, Horts allowed people to book tables. But like you, I haven't been boozing in the centre for years.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Many moons back, Horts allowed people to book tables. But like you, I haven't been boozing in the centre for years.

Tried them and they said they couldn’t book any more tables out for Monday as most of it was already booked! Might try them on the day anyway. Don’t really mind standing but a couple of older chaps coming out who probably won’t want to stand for 2 hours 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Tried them and they said they couldn’t book any more tables out for Monday as most of it was already booked! Might try them on the day anyway. Don’t really mind standing but a couple of older chaps coming out who probably won’t want to stand for 2 hours 

Try the drawbridge in the centre next to hippodrome, few screens in there quite a big place and plenty on offer

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I think you might struggle.

The World Cup village at Ashton Gate might be a better bet.

12 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Try the drawbridge in the centre next to hippodrome, few screens in there quite a big place and plenty on offer

Funnily enough, was gonna suggest that.  I went in there for the Liverpool semi-final, and had several TVs and a big screen that pulled down.

Not a great pub in itself, but Wetherspoons type grub at sensible prices

The Post (yeah I know) are listing....
The Lanes , Drawbridge , Hatchet , Kings street Brewhouse and the Old Fish market. 
Wherever you go try and get in early. Not done it for years , we used the Old Fish market but one screen was small but by the bar,and the larger one limited viewing.
From the Post's pics the Brewhouse looks interesting

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/best-football-pubs-bristol-watch-1674916

One thing, if you get a table , don't forget to make allowances for people coming in late and standing in front of you. 

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

I’ve watched most of last season’s city sky away games in the Drawbridge and it’s been pretty good in there. 

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

As someone who works in town but lives in BS3, I can give an honest answer here bud: avoid town at all costs. It's rubbish. Drawbridge is probably your best bet, but it's not great really.

For the sake of a £5 UBER I'd suggest travelling the extra distance to Ashton Gate for the World Cup village. Euro 2016 was fantastic in there and this year the outdoor village looks great. 

Walkabout is decent. Usually £2 selected drinks until 7pm as well although not sure if they are doing this whilst world cup is on.

Edit. £2 selected drinks until 9pm. Monday to Friday. 

Fosters, Strongbow, Corona, Wine, Smirnoff,  Captain Morgan and JD. 

Not the best selection pints wise but cheap none the less. 

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Where are you drinking in the centre of Bristol for £3.50 a pint???

Hahaha I don’t usually drink in town tbf, just generalising elsewhere. But I was in walkabout a couple of weekends ago & was cheaper than £4! 

Archived