IGNORED

City Deny Cash Splash

pongo88

.......multi-million pound rumours “way off mark”. Bristol Evening Post Friday 15 June 2001. 

Sorry but, by pure amazing chance, I was cleaning out the garage and found a 17 year old newspaper. The story is about Steve Lansdown, then City vice-chairman, denying that Archie Gooch was poised to make a £10m pound investment. The story also mentions the proposed buy-out of directors Scott Davidson, John Clapp and Bob Neale. It’s interesting how times have changed as now £10m would be lose change. Some things haven’t changed as “many fans were today questioning the merits of the deal”

Also in the paper - ex Latvian manager, Gary Johnson, was in talks with non-league Yeovil to take over as manager on a 3 year contract 

337ACEF6-15CF-439C-B9F5-C3F13704C275.jpeg

3 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

.......multi-million pound rumours “way off mark”. Bristol Evening Post Friday 15 June 2001. 

Sorry but, by pure amazing chance, I was cleaning out the garage and found a 17 year old newspaper. The story is about Steve Lansdown, then City vice-chairman, denying that Archie Gooch was poised to make a £10m pound investment. The story also mentions the proposed buy-out of directors Scott Davidson, John Clapp and Bob Neale. It’s interesting how times have changed as now £10m would be lose change. Some things haven’t changed as “many fans were today questioning the merits of the deal”

Also in the paper - ex Latvian manager, Gary Johnson, was in talks with non-league Yeovil to take over as manager on a 3 year contract 

337ACEF6-15CF-439C-B9F5-C3F13704C275.jpeg

Go on admit it Pongo , you're just a very slow reader .

30 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Aaaaaah the days before Social Media. Words like Announce, Scenes and Flames hadn’t even been invented. 

Oh I don`t know. I definitely remember `scenes` being referred to in a fair few away match reports and `flames` certainly were mentioned in a story to do with Eastville.

Archived