IGNORED

New physio

Red Army 75

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Wiki wrong then, says Blackburn, but would make sense that he’s following a couple of Bristolian’s I know who are in the neuro-muscular field.

Oxford media say he lives in Bristol which is probably where the confusion comes from.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Two new additions then - and it's on the official site so we know it's a done deal. 

Good not to see the usual speculation, conjecture and rumour.......

You missed the post I started on the transfersub forum then?

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I rarely visit the transfer sub forum. It's the OS for me at least then you know it's a done deal.

Yes it’s official once it’s there on the OS but don’t dismiss the transfer forum as all gossip. Much is right and appears days if not weeks before, you just have to be skilled to pick out the credible stuff. I can usually tell by who posts it.

11 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yes it’s official once it’s there on the OS but don’t dismiss the transfer forum as all gossip. Much is right and appears days if not weeks before, you just have to be skilled to pick out the credible stuff. I can usually tell by who posts it.

RedM - you've been around otib long enough to know that speculation, conjecture and rumour are rife during the silly season.

As I said earlier, I rarely visit the transfer sub forum for those reasons. 

Its all unproven until it's announced via the OS. 

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

RedM - you've been around otib long enough to know that speculation, conjecture and rumour are rife during the silly season.

As I said earlier, I rarely visit the transfer sub forum for those reasons. 

You’re being ignorant/willfully stubborn to dismiss things just because it hasn’t yet translated into an article on the OS. 

It’s fair enough if you don’t want to immerse yourself in it, and much of it IS absolute drivel, but your highlighted paragraph is absolute nonsense. For example I knew Eliasson was official about 36 hours before the club announced it. It was done, contract signed etc, long before an article was written. 

So just because YOU don’t know about it doesn’t mean it’s not happened. 

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You’re being ignorant/willfully stubborn to dismiss things just because it hasn’t yet translated into an article on the OS. 

It’s fair enough if you don’t want to immerse yourself in it, and much of it IS absolute drivel, but your highlighted paragraph is absolute nonsense. For example I knew Eliasson was official about 36 hours before the club announced it. It was done, contract signed etc, long before an article was written. 

I don't believe you, that's not from the OS.

16 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Absolutely. I don’t recall many times that the first anyone has heard of a player signing, or anything else to do with the club for that matter, is when it appears on the OS. The OS usually confirms what is by then common knowledge. 

38 minutes ago, RedM said:

Absolutely. I don’t recall many times that the first anyone has heard of a player signing, or anything else to do with the club for that matter, is when it appears on the OS. The OS usually confirms what is by then common knowledge. 

Prior to a player arriving or moving on rumour crops up often without any reason. Then it possibly becomes speculation because someone saw/heard of a leak from the other club or someone claiming to be itk. ......but it's still conjecture and unofficial until is announced on on the OS.

I don't get why some posters don't appreciate that. 

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yep.

L’Equipe said that we were signing Kodjia at least 3 or 4 days before it became official, too.

Though why would anyone want to know what one of the most respected sports reporting organisations in Europe has to say about us when you could wait another week and read the very same thing on our official site, eh?

36 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Prior to a player arriving or moving on rumour crops up often without any reason. Then it possibly becomes speculation because someone saw/heard of a leak from the other club or someone claiming to be itk. ......but it's still conjecture and unofficial until is announced on on the OS.

I do appreciate that, but you got to appreciate there actually are people ITK, and these are rarely the people who shout about it. There is good info about if you look for it. I quite like doing a bit of dectective work if I’m honest. I open my eyes and ears wide, on here and in life in general, but that’s just how I am. But each to their own, whatever makes people happy I guess. 

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yep.

L’Equipe said that we were signing Kodjia at least 3 or 4 days before it became official, too.

Though why would anyone want to know what one of the most respected sports reporting organisations in Europe has to say about us when you could wait another week and read the very same thing on our official site, eh?

Lots of things can and often do go wrong between a 'respected' source and a player actually signing. 

Thats why I believe it when it's announced.

Remember the Egyptian Mateab (so) was it?    :dunno:

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Lots of things can and often do go wrong between a 'respected' source and a player actually signing. 

Thats why I believe it when it's announced.

Remember the Egyptian Mateab (so) was it?    :dunno:

Yes I do, that was on the official site :clapping:

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

So have we just brought in the bloke who masterminded Abou Diaby’s rehabilitation?

How big a club do you think Arsenal are?

Their medical team will be half a dozen people, silly sniping like this is pathetic.

Neither you or I know what his individual involvement was with certain players or if he was even there then.

59 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

How big a club do you think Arsenal are?

Their medical team will be half a dozen people, silly sniping like this is pathetic.

Neither you or I know what his individual involvement was with certain players or if he was even there then.

Hi Graham, many thanks for your reply. I’ll address your concerns in turn.

1. Dunno. How big are Arsenal? Are we talking stadium capacity because that is circa 60,000 I think. That’s quite large. Are we talking cultural impact? Hard to quantify but probably pretty big. They do have a tube station named after them so maybe they’re doing ok? Shall we say they are roughly humpback whale size? Maybe start a thread on this?

2. Their medical team could even be seven people. Although obviously they’ve just lost a guy so I’ll give you that one...it probably is 6 people, plus a work experience kid. I’m going to respectfully ignore your little jibe you joker.

3. Neither you nor I know how involved he was in Diaby’s massages or water baths. Maybe he ran the baths or maybe he ran from the baths. Who knows. But, as we have the same level of knowledge we have the same authority to speculate on his involvement. I say he was wholly culpable for Diaby’s prolonged medical table tenure. 

Enjoy Portugal v Spain!

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

You really don’t get it do you? I know with the highest authority that the Eliasson deal  was signed, sealed and delivered around 36 hours before it was announced. The paperwork was signed and filed and he was officially a Bristol City player a long time before it was announced on the OS. 

The moment it goes from speculation to fact is when the paperwork is filed and approved. At that point the player is officially a Bristol City player. Whether you know about it 1 minute, 1 hour or 1 week later, and via what channel, is absolutely irrelevant. 

So just because that’s when you ‘start believing’ takes nothing away from the fact that your statement of:

is absolute nonsense. Because it was known to be true long before you (or anyone) knew anything about it via the official site. 

Archived