IGNORED

New physio

Red Army 75

34 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You really don’t get it do you? I know with the highest authority that the Eliasson deal  was signed, sealed and delivered around 36 hours before it was announced. The paperwork was signed and filed and he was officially a Bristol City player a long time before it was announced on the OS. 

The moment it goes from speculation to fact is when the paperwork is filed and approved. At that point the player is officially a Bristol City player. Whether you know about it 1 minute, 1 hour or 1 week later, and via what channel, is absolutely irrelevant. 

So just because that’s when you ‘start believing’ takes nothing away from the fact that your statement of:

Its all unproven until it's announced via the OS. 

is absolute nonsense. Because it was known to be true long before you (or anyone) knew anything about it via the official site. 

So......you're itk then................:cool2:

Just now, Robbored said:

So......you're itk then................:cool2:

No, not really. It was a case of right place at the right time. 

It’s not about being proved right or wrong - the point is that a deal can (and normally is) ‘official’ long before you read about it on the OS. 

If you choose to consider it not factual until you read it there that’s your prerogative, but that doesn’t make the above any less true. 

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

No, not really. It was a case of right place at the right time. 

It’s not about being proved right or wrong - the point is that a deal can (and normally is) ‘official’ long before you read about it on the OS. 

If you choose to consider it not factual until you read it there that’s your prerogative, but that doesn’t make the above any less true. 

My point is that there are many rumours bandied about on here during the silly season and if they were all true then LJ would have a seriously large squad.........and SL sacking MA for exceeding the war chest budget.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

My point is that there are many rumours bandied about on here during the silly season and if they were all true then LJ would have a seriously large squad.........and SL sacking MA for exceeding the war chest budget.

No one is trying to deny that and no one has suggested that everything you read as a rumour is true!

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Yep.

L’Equipe said that we were signing Kodjia at least 3 or 4 days before it became official, too.

Though why would anyone want to know what one of the most respected sports reporting organisations in Europe has to say about us when you could wait another week and read the very same thing on our official site, eh?

Think you’re wrong there. Kodjia deal happened within the day the rumours started, as did Diedhoui. First reports of Kodjia came early morning, and his signing was announced late in the evening.

17 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

Think you’re wrong there. Kodjia deal happened within the day the rumours started, as did Diedhoui. First reports of Kodjia came early morning, and his signing was announced late in the evening.

That`s how I remember it TBH. Weren`t the club in Portugal for pre-season and everything went nuts on social media which more or less forced us to announce it?

I think the Famara deal was more like @GrahamC said though and it was common knowledge in the French media days before we signed him.

On 15/06/2018 at 15:12, BRISTOL86 said:

You’re being ignorant/willfully stubborn to dismiss things just because it hasn’t yet translated into an article on the OS. 

It’s fair enough if you don’t want to immerse yourself in it, and much of it IS absolute drivel, but your highlighted paragraph is absolute nonsense. For example I knew Eliasson was official about 36 hours before the club announced it. It was done, contract signed etc, long before an article was written. 

So just because YOU don’t know about it doesn’t mean it’s not happened. 

Quite right.....I knew we were signing Ben Hamer on loan long before anything official appeared....simply because one of my mates knows his Dad - people do get to hear about club news long before our media dept in some cases....it just happens

Archived