Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Red Army 75

New physio

Recommended Posts

Gregor McGregor was partially right then, Rolls is an ex-Arsenal physio.

 

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, devoncider said:

on the OS now. a Bristolian 

would make sense that he’s following a couple of Bristolian’s I know who are in the neuro-muscular field.

Edited by Davefevs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Wiki wrong then, says Blackburn, but would make sense that he’s following a couple of Bristolian’s I know who are in the neuro-muscular field.

Oxford media say he lives in Bristol which is probably where the confusion comes from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Two new additions then - and it's on the official site so we know it's a done deal. 

Good not to see the usual speculation, conjecture and rumour.......

You missed the post I started on the transfersub forum then?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You missed the post I started on the transfersub forum then?

I rarely visit the transfer sub forum. It's the OS for me at least then you know it's a done deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I rarely visit the transfer sub forum. It's the OS for me at least then you know it's a done deal.

Yes it’s official once it’s there on the OS but don’t dismiss the transfer forum as all gossip. Much is right and appears days if not weeks before, you just have to be skilled to pick out the credible stuff. I can usually tell by who posts it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yes it’s official once it’s there on the OS but don’t dismiss the transfer forum as all gossip. Much is right and appears days if not weeks before, you just have to be skilled to pick out the credible stuff. I can usually tell by who posts it.

 

RedM - you've been around otib long enough to know that speculation, conjecture and rumour are rife during the silly season.

As I said earlier, I rarely visit the transfer sub forum for those reasons. 

Its all unproven until it's announced via the OS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You've got to be joking surely!

Another massive own goal from Mark Ashton.............why oh why would you employ the ex physio from ARSENAL of all places?

Talk about a team of lightweight sick notes.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

RedM - you've been around otib long enough to know that speculation, conjecture and rumour are rife during the silly season.

As I said earlier, I rarely visit the transfer sub forum for those reasons. 

Its all unproven until it's announced via the OS. 

You’re being ignorant/willfully stubborn to dismiss things just because it hasn’t yet translated into an article on the OS. 

It’s fair enough if you don’t want to immerse yourself in it, and much of it IS absolute drivel, but your highlighted paragraph is absolute nonsense. For example I knew Eliasson was official about 36 hours before the club announced it. It was done, contract signed etc, long before an article was written. 

So just because YOU don’t know about it doesn’t mean it’s not happened. 

Edited by BRISTOL86
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You’re being ignorant/willfully stubborn to dismiss things just because it hasn’t yet translated into an article on the OS. 

It’s fair enough if you don’t want to immerse yourself in it, and much of it IS absolute drivel, but your highlighted paragraph is absolute nonsense. For example I knew Eliasson was official about 36 hours before the club announced it. It was done, contract signed etc, long before an article was written. 

So just because YOU don’t know about it doesn’t mean it’s not happened. 

I don't believe you, that's not from the OS.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You’re being ignorant/willfully stubborn to dismiss things just because it hasn’t yet translated into an article on the OS. 

It’s fair enough if you don’t want to immerse yourself in it, and much of it IS absolute drivel, but your highlighted paragraph is absolute nonsense. For example I knew Eliasson was official about 36 hours before the club announced it. It was done, contract signed etc, long before an article was written. 

So just because YOU don’t know about it doesn’t mean it’s not happened. 

Absolutely. I don’t recall many times that the first anyone has heard of a player signing, or anything else to do with the club for that matter, is when it appears on the OS. The OS usually confirms what is by then common knowledge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, RedM said:

Absolutely. I don’t recall many times that the first anyone has heard of a player signing, or anything else to do with the club for that matter, is when it appears on the OS. The OS usually confirms what is by then common knowledge. 

Prior to a player arriving or moving on rumour crops up often without any reason. Then it possibly becomes speculation because someone saw/heard of a leak from the other club or someone claiming to be itk. ......but it's still conjecture and unofficial until is announced on on the OS.

I don't get why some posters don't appreciate that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Would you consider rarely visiting this forum, too?

Put me on ignore if you don't like my posts.

Its very simple - username top right - drop down list - ignore users.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You’re being ignorant/willfully stubborn to dismiss things just because it hasn’t yet translated into an article on the OS. 

It’s fair enough if you don’t want to immerse yourself in it, and much of it IS absolute drivel, but your highlighted paragraph is absolute nonsense. For example I knew Eliasson was official about 36 hours before the club announced it. It was done, contract signed etc, long before an article was written. 

So just because YOU don’t know about it doesn’t mean it’s not happened. 

Yep.

L’Equipe said that we were signing Kodjia at least 3 or 4 days before it became official, too.

Though why would anyone want to know what one of the most respected sports reporting organisations in Europe has to say about us when you could wait another week and read the very same thing on our official site, eh?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Prior to a player arriving or moving on rumour crops up often without any reason. Then it possibly becomes speculation because someone saw/heard of a leak from the other club or someone claiming to be itk. ......but it's still conjecture and unofficial until is announced on on the OS.

I don't get why some posters don't appreciate that. 

I do appreciate that, but you got to appreciate there actually are people ITK, and these are rarely the people who shout about it. There is good info about if you look for it. I quite like doing a bit of dectective work if I’m honest. I open my eyes and ears wide, on here and in life in general, but that’s just how I am. But each to their own, whatever makes people happy I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yep.

L’Equipe said that we were signing Kodjia at least 3 or 4 days before it became official, too.

Though why would anyone want to know what one of the most respected sports reporting organisations in Europe has to say about us when you could wait another week and read the very same thing on our official site, eh?

Lots of things can and often do go wrong between a 'respected' source and a player actually signing. 

Thats why I believe it when it's announced.

Remember the Egyptian Mateab (so) was it?    :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Lots of things can and often do go wrong between a 'respected' source and a player actually signing. 

Thats why I believe it when it's announced.

Remember the Egyptian Mateab (so) was it?    :dunno:

Yes I do, that was on the official site :clapping:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yes I do, that was on the official site :clapping:

Was it? I was abroad at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

So have we just brought in the bloke who masterminded Abou Diaby’s rehabilitation?

How big a club do you think Arsenal are?

Their medical team will be half a dozen people, silly sniping like this is pathetic.

Neither you or I know what his individual involvement was with certain players or if he was even there then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

How big a club do you think Arsenal are?

Their medical team will be half a dozen people, silly sniping like this is pathetic.

Neither you or I know what his individual involvement was with certain players or if he was even there then.

Hi Graham, many thanks for your reply. I’ll address your concerns in turn.

1. Dunno. How big are Arsenal? Are we talking stadium capacity because that is circa 60,000 I think. That’s quite large. Are we talking cultural impact? Hard to quantify but probably pretty big. They do have a tube station named after them so maybe they’re doing ok? Shall we say they are roughly humpback whale size? Maybe start a thread on this?

2. Their medical team could even be seven people. Although obviously they’ve just lost a guy so I’ll give you that one...it probably is 6 people, plus a work experience kid. I’m going to respectfully ignore your little jibe you joker.

3. Neither you nor I know how involved he was in Diaby’s massages or water baths. Maybe he ran the baths or maybe he ran from the baths. Who knows. But, as we have the same level of knowledge we have the same authority to speculate on his involvement. I say he was wholly culpable for Diaby’s prolonged medical table tenure. 

Enjoy Portugal v Spain!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Prior to a player arriving or moving on rumour crops up often without any reason. Then it possibly becomes speculation because someone saw/heard of a leak from the other club or someone claiming to be itk. ......but it's still conjecture and unofficial until is announced on on the OS.

I don't get why some posters don't appreciate that. 

You really don’t get it do you? I know with the highest authority that the Eliasson deal  was signed, sealed and delivered around 36 hours before it was announced. The paperwork was signed and filed and he was officially a Bristol City player a long time before it was announced on the OS. 

The moment it goes from speculation to fact is when the paperwork is filed and approved. At that point the player is officially a Bristol City player. Whether you know about it 1 minute, 1 hour or 1 week later, and via what channel, is absolutely irrelevant. 

So just because that’s when you ‘start believing’ takes nothing away from the fact that your statement of:

Its all unproven until it's announced via the OS. 

is absolute nonsense. Because it was known to be true long before you (or anyone) knew anything about it via the official site. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You really don’t get it do you? I know with the highest authority that the Eliasson deal  was signed, sealed and delivered around 36 hours before it was announced. The paperwork was signed and filed and he was officially a Bristol City player a long time before it was announced on the OS. 

The moment it goes from speculation to fact is when the paperwork is filed and approved. At that point the player is officially a Bristol City player. Whether you know about it 1 minute, 1 hour or 1 week later, and via what channel, is absolutely irrelevant. 

So just because that’s when you ‘start believing’ takes nothing away from the fact that your statement of:

Its all unproven until it's announced via the OS. 

is absolute nonsense. Because it was known to be true long before you (or anyone) knew anything about it via the official site. 

So......you're itk then................:cool2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Robbored said:

So......you're itk then................:cool2:

No, not really. It was a case of right place at the right time. 

It’s not about being proved right or wrong - the point is that a deal can (and normally is) ‘official’ long before you read about it on the OS. 

If you choose to consider it not factual until you read it there that’s your prerogative, but that doesn’t make the above any less true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

No, not really. It was a case of right place at the right time. 

It’s not about being proved right or wrong - the point is that a deal can (and normally is) ‘official’ long before you read about it on the OS. 

If you choose to consider it not factual until you read it there that’s your prerogative, but that doesn’t make the above any less true. 

My point is that there are many rumours bandied about on here during the silly season and if they were all true then LJ would have a seriously large squad.........and SL sacking MA for exceeding the war chest budget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

My point is that there are many rumours bandied about on here during the silly season and if they were all true then LJ would have a seriously large squad.........and SL sacking MA for exceeding the war chest budget.

No one is trying to deny that and no one has suggested that everything you read as a rumour is true!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

No one is trying to deny that and no one has suggested that everything you read as a rumour is true!

To me all rumours are untrue until officially acknowledged by the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Yep.

L’Equipe said that we were signing Kodjia at least 3 or 4 days before it became official, too.

Though why would anyone want to know what one of the most respected sports reporting organisations in Europe has to say about us when you could wait another week and read the very same thing on our official site, eh?

Think you’re wrong there. Kodjia deal happened within the day the rumours started, as did Diedhoui. First reports of Kodjia came early morning, and his signing was announced late in the evening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

Think you’re wrong there. Kodjia deal happened within the day the rumours started, as did Diedhoui. First reports of Kodjia came early morning, and his signing was announced late in the evening.

That`s how I remember it TBH. Weren`t the club in Portugal for pre-season and everything went nuts on social media which more or less forced us to announce it?

I think the Famara deal was more like @GrahamC said though and it was common knowledge in the French media days before we signed him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/06/2018 at 14:31, Kodjias Wrist said:

So we got Arsenals ex first team physio. The club who had significant issues with Injuries over the last several years :laughcont:

Rather like we did last season then?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/06/2018 at 17:24, Robbored said:

Was it? I was abroad at the time.

I’m often a broad......but only on Thursdays in the privacy of my own home...

 

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/06/2018 at 12:28, Davefevs said:

would make sense that he’s following a couple of Bristolian’s I know who are in the neuro-muscular field.

....rather like a scarecrow I once knew....he was awarded an OBE - he was outstanding in his field....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/06/2018 at 15:12, BRISTOL86 said:

You’re being ignorant/willfully stubborn to dismiss things just because it hasn’t yet translated into an article on the OS. 

It’s fair enough if you don’t want to immerse yourself in it, and much of it IS absolute drivel, but your highlighted paragraph is absolute nonsense. For example I knew Eliasson was official about 36 hours before the club announced it. It was done, contract signed etc, long before an article was written. 

So just because YOU don’t know about it doesn’t mean it’s not happened. 

Quite right.....I knew we were signing Ben Hamer on loan long before anything official appeared....simply because one of my mates knows his Dad - people do get to hear about club news long before our media dept in some cases....it just happens

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...