IGNORED

Marley Watkins signed - Now Official (Merged threads)

Wayne

1 minute ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Watkins has been poor (terrible?) for Norwich, hopefully he can find his form in our system if this signing turns out to happen. I will reserve judgement.

Not acceptable, you are required by custom and practice here to write him off instantly. ;)

35 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

If a City fan mentions the Watkins speculation to you in the pub tonight will that really be your response?

Do you never indulge in player speculation with fellow fans when out and about -  atm. Reid, Flint, Bryan etc?

Roboticred might be a more suitable name perhaps? :dunno:

That very scenario happened in the local Tesco about an hour ago. 

I shrugged my shoulders and said ' it may or may not be happening' 

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

That very scenario happened in the local Tesco about an hour ago. 

I shrugged my shoulders and said ' it may or may not be happening' 

M.r. Charisma 

Kent, Leko and Eliason all seemed to be inspiring signings so maybe underwhelming is good. Wilbs on the other hand was not.

After the talk about Albert and McGeady maybe this seems an anti-climax but assuming it’s true let’s keep our powder dry and give the guy a chance even if it’s not the OTIB way.

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Were you excited by the signing of Wilbs?

There was this bloke we signed from Leeds reserves years ago, name escapes me, began with T. And that one from Darlington, for heavens sake. How uninspiring can you get? :whistle:

Sometimes it works out for a player at a club and sometimes it doesn`t. Sometimes it`s right player, right club, right time. None of us know how this one will work out but I just hate all the negative responses based on a player`s previous record. 

To use the Norwich connection for an example, Sergi Canos? Useless for them but a world beater for Brentford.

1 minute ago, screech said:

Just another million plus completely wasted on a player who is just another squad filler. We sure know how to spunk away money on crap.

he improves the squad and is better then what we have 

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Pleased he’s signing.

We’ve long needed a player who can get up, stand up a ball to the back stick

Should give Ashton Gate a real positive vibration.

Archived