IGNORED

Marley Watkins signed - Now Official (Merged threads)

Wayne

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Norwich fans buzzing he's going. Poor bloke!

I suspect the canaries forum is full of stuff like “i’ll Drive him theremyself”, “Fens League player at best”.

I’m not convinced personally, but some if that might be because Barnsley in the Champ pray very different to us, and it suited his style, and I’m also concerned Barnsley was his peak.

But until you see them in the flesh in your team you never know.

At the £1m approx mark, it’s sensible business.

52 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Sometimes it works out for a player at a club and sometimes it doesn`t. Sometimes it`s right player, right club, right time. None of us know how this one will work out but I just hate all the negative responses based on a player`s previous record. 

To use the Norwich connection for an example, Sergi Canos? Useless for them but a world beater for Brentford.

Exactly, we can all have our opinions, but sometimes they click, sometimes they don’t.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I suspect the canaries forum is full of stuff like “i’ll Drive him theremyself”, “Fens League player at best”.

I’m not convinced personally, but some if that might be because Barnsley in the Champ pray very different to us, and it suited his style, and I’m also concerned Barnsley was his peak.

But until you see them in the flesh in your team you never know.

At the £1m approx mark, it’s sensible business.

Agree with all of that to be honest, first thing I thought is that he might've plateaued or just hit a lucky stretch with a team that fit his style.

Can't say I've watched enough of him to form a proper opinion but now it seems like he's signed, he's got my full backing.

Welcome Marley!

I asked Norwich fans for their opinion on him based on what I've heard....

Wb9sfVK.png

it's not the most promising reply but I guess we'll see what he can do once he's here.

My main concern is we already have a lot of strikers if Bobby goes I know we'll have to replace him but I really don't want o see us add more strikers who will never have an impact on the first team which we seem to be doing a lot of in recent years.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

I asked Norwich fans for their opinion on him based on what I've heard....

Wb9sfVK.png

it's not the most promising reply but I guess we'll see what he can do once he's here.

My main concern is we already have a lot of strikers if Bobby goes I know we'll have to replace him but I really don't want o see us add more strikers who will never have an impact on the first team which we seem to be doing a lot of in recent years.

Watkins isn’t a striker....

Archived