IGNORED

Marley Watkins signed - Now Official (Merged threads)

Wayne

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Agree with all of that to be honest, first thing I thought is that he might've plateaued or just hit a lucky stretch with a team that fit his style.

Can't say I've watched enough of him to form a proper opinion but now it seems like he's signed, he's got my full backing.

Welcome Marley!

Glad that LJ confirms he’s hard working and looks like he’ll continue to try to press.  Will listen to interview later.

Training Top in Black looks nice with Robin.

Dunno if the white top underneath is a training top...looks like it.

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Got to love this forum poor OP gets dogs abuse from the ITK's and a warning from a mod FFS, welcome @Wayne good first post.

And welcome Marley, sorry I can't get enthused atm but hey best of luck anyway.

What warning did he get?

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Glad that LJ confirms he’s hard working and looks like he’ll continue to try to press.  Will listen to interview later.

Training Top in Black looks nice with Robin.

Dunno if the white top underneath is a training top...looks like it.

Yeah that training jacket is very nice indeed. Not the sort who buys club merchandise and I promised I wouldn't after the ST fiasco but I might have to make an exception.

Interview is really good, bit cliche ridden but spoke honestly, said that he thinks the high pressing football suits him better than the style Norwich played. Don't know how much he watched of us post-Christmas...

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I would say "proceed with caution" is a warning, wouldn't you?, the guy was right, innocent until proven guilty?.

I'd say it's fair given they have to approve the post, the amount of times we see it and not true 

I'm being told such mixed things, a few Norwich fans seem more than happy to see the back of him and describe his attitude as terrible and a few have said he has potential but he doesn't work hard which goes against what LJ said about him being hardworking ha ha

I would say "proceed with caution" is a warning, wouldn't you?, the guy was right, innocent until proven guilty?.

To be fair, first post, declaring we've signed someone? It's perfectly fine to be sceptical over that.

You misunderstood. My proceed with caution advice was aimed at other forum members likely to whip themselves into a frenzy over a signing not yet confirmed. Apologies to @Wayneif he understood it the same as you. 

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'm being told such mixed things, a few Norwich fans seem more than happy to see the back of him and describe his attitude as terrible and a few have said he has potential but he doesn't work hard which goes against what LJ said about him being hardworking ha ha

Been talking to a Norwich mate. He said what I'd hoped, he didn't work their but could really do well for us. He also shared this Tweet.....

A local tweet-
Can’t work out if Stuart Webber (Sporting Director) is an absolute genius or Brizzle’s scouting network just ****** off down the pub for the entire season.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Like reply #5 per chance?

I did not see that comment and have now removed it. I am only concerned that you stated the OP had been warned by a mod ‘FFS’  to quote you. I hope I have cleared up that he wasn’t warned. 

7 minutes ago, Wardie said:

That’s 4 :whistle:

Dont get me wrong. Hes a signing. Hes now a City player. He has my full backing - Wilbs anyone? He can still prove me wrong.

I just dont see why we signed another attacking midfielder/winger.

If he is signed as a winger. Is he really better than Brownhill or O'Dowda? Is this the end of Eliasson? Another failed investment? The pillars? Hardly experienced at Champ level.

Just feel we should of got a RB sorted before any other position. Or GK. If you asked me for our problem positions.

8 minutes ago, Spike said:

Seems to be the normal comments on a forum when you try to put other clubs off from bidding  (OTIB being no exception)

1 minute ago, westonred said:

We were all worried about signing Marvin Elliott after listening to all the Millwall fans comments after we signed him he didnt turn out too bad did he

Yeah that's the thing, it's not like we've not sold players and said "good they were shit and lazy" only for them to go tear it up elsewhere, time will tell if it's a good deal or not but it's certainly an interesting one.

I just take what his previous clubs fans say with a pinch of salt, if he was as shit as they are saying then why did a club the size of Norwich sign him in the 1st place? Some moves just don’t work out as seems to be the case there but if he’s such a bad influence and has a terrible attitude then I don’t think LJ would of signed him, he’s worked under him before so LJ knows what he’s all about, hopefully he’ll recapture the form he had whilst at Barnsley.

1 minute ago, BCFC11 said:

I just take what his previous clubs fans say with a pinch of salt, if he was as shit as they are saying then why did a club the size of Norwich sign him in the 1st place? Some moves just don’t work out as seems to be the case there but if he’s such a bad influence and has a terrible attitude then I don’t think LJ would of signed him, he’s worked under him before so LJ knows what he’s all about, hopefully he’ll recapture the form he had whilst at Barnsley.

LJ Barnsley form was legendary 

1 minute ago, Redandwhitescarf said:

Seems to be the normal comments on a forum when you try to put other clubs off from bidding  (OTIB being no exception)

If they are. Fair play to Norwich fans. Very coordinated and organised. 

:shifty:

12ish appearances and fit for most of last season suggests otherwise however...

Archived