IGNORED

Marley Watkins signed - Now Official (Merged threads)

Wayne

Marvin Elliott, Aiden Flint, Aaron Wilbraham - all underwhelming signings, and pretty much fans of their previous clubs were over the moon that they'd gotten rid of them (not so much Wilbraham, but many on here wrote him off straight away).

Watkins was in good form before his move to Norwich, perhaps Norwich and Watkins just weren't a good mix. He certainly wouldn't be the first player to move to a club and not "fit".

Time will tell, but let's not write him off before kicking a ball eh!?

He's an international ffs.....you dont get to play for your country if you aint got zomat in yer game...even if you come from Saudi Arabia......interesting in the interview he mentions assurances about certain players not leaving which helped his decision?.....i for one am glad we appear to have someone who can hit the byeline and cross....Duric liking this as well  no doubt....

Clearly had a nightmare at Norwich for whatever reason, previous to this his career projectory had been upwards, the season before he bagged 10 Championship goals, 9 assists which is decent for a winger. He knows the area so should settle and worked with the manager before, decent punt I reckon.

4 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Excerpt:

Watkins was linked to a number of Championship rivals before opting to join Norwich and the attacker insists he has no regrets at turning his back on Barnsley where he formed a prolific partnership with Sam Winnall.

“I always look at myself to see how I can improve,” he said. 

“You learn a lot every day training with lads like Wes (Hoolahan) and I am still learning. I didn’t play on my own down the middle last season. 

“I was in a two. I was the runner, the presser, the one who did the dirty work if you like, while Sam Winnall was the quality in the box, a finisher. We had a great partnership. 

“I played on the right as well most of the time, which is where I scored double figures and had nine assists. 

“I haven’t really played on the right this season. We play a different system here with wing backs so it is all part of the learning process. 

“When I have not been in the squad I have been there to support my team mates and prepare for each and every game to give myself the best possible chance. I need to do better but I haven’t had a proper run of games. 

“I think three in a row was the most.”

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

What is worrying is that we need a goalkeeper, a right back, a holding midfielder and replacements for bobby, flinty and bryan if they go and we sign another bloidy winger.

That said, I hope it works out.

We don’t need replacements as we haven’t sold any yet 

Wouldn’t be surprised if LJ was looking at Sam Winnall as well, Sheff Wed sent him out on loan last year and expected to leave this summer. Marley and Sam had a good pairing at Barnsley under LJ and Winnall would be quite cheap at 1-2m. 

Just seems a bit ‘Martyn Woolford’ esc for me, doesn’t strike me as an ambitious signing. Watched him a few times for Bath City and I thought even then when he moved to Inverness it was a bit out of his league.. let alone on to Barnsley and Norwich. Judgement reserved of course until he plays don’t get me wrong, just struggling to get excited about this one.

5 minutes ago, 123red1 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if LJ was looking at Sam Winnall as well, Sheff Wed sent him out on loan last year and expected to leave this summer. Marley and Sam had a good pairing at Barnsley under LJ and Winnall would be quite cheap at 1-2m. 

I would eat my ST , pooh it out & send it to LJ 

what a massive backwards step 

1 hour ago, Fuber said:

Dont get me wrong. Hes a signing. Hes now a City player. He has my full backing - Wilbs anyone? He can still prove me wrong.

I just dont see why we signed another attacking midfielder/winger.

If he is signed as a winger. Is he really better than Brownhill or O'Dowda? Is this the end of Eliasson? Another failed investment? The pillars? Hardly experienced at Champ level.

Just feel we should of got a RB sorted before any other position. Or GK. If you asked me for our problem positions.

Do you really think clubs only sign players in order of priority? 

1 minute ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

I would eat my ST , pooh it out & send it to LJ 

what a massive backwards step 

Where do Eyeore, Piglet and Tigger Sit in this situation , not sure they would be happy about Pooh coming out your arse and being sent to LJ.

Archived