IGNORED

Marley Watkins signed - Now Official (Merged threads)

Wayne

7 minutes ago, 123red1 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if LJ was looking at Sam Winnall as well, Sheff Wed sent him out on loan last year and expected to leave this summer. Marley and Sam had a good pairing at Barnsley under LJ and Winnall would be quite cheap at 1-2m. 

Bannon is one Owls player I'd like to see at City.

5 hours ago, tommy32 said:

Why do you choose to consistently open or comment on any thread that is transfer speculation or rumour if you won’t believe it until it’s offically announced? What’s the point? Just ignore it and wait for the announcement on the official site. 

A desperate craving for attention. 

Genuinely tragic for a middle-aged man if you ask me.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

It's an unproven story. No conformation on the OS and with weekend coming they're be no updates until Monday at the earliest.

Interesting thoughts, :laugh:

Only kidding fella, I would agree with you that the weekend is upon us and I didn't expect an announcement tonight, but it's the first one through the door and let's hope they continue 

Is he merely signed as a squad member or will he be a first choice? 

Is he signed to move us a step nearer promotion or bolster us against relegation?

Will his Norwich career prove to be a blip or an accurate assessment of his quality?

We really can't say, but presumably the club's coaches believe he will bring something to the team/squad.  For us fans a real case of wait and see.  Being picked for Wales means little I fear, after all Engvall was lauded as an international and Hörður (whom incidentally against otib opinion I still rate). 

2 minutes ago, 123red1 said:

It means Me As Well in French, I was just correcting Roverred on his spelling. 

My CSE grade 1 French told me that as well  - my comment was, well  obviously whoosh.  :)

2 minutes ago, Paul G said:

1 mill isn’t an awful lot nowadays 

It's not, but that's not my concern with this signing. I'm not convinced with this player at all, he's had two good seasons, one in league 1 and two years ago in the championship aged 27. The clubs he has played for are Cheltenham, Hereford, Inverness, Bath City, Barnsley, Norwich.

No doubt Johnson will see him as one of those players he can trust, well, I'm more interested in players who can play at least this level. I'll give him every chance to prove me wrong but this kind of signing is a waste of a wage, he's not shown much up til now that he is knocking on the door of playing in the Premier League. Just my opinion.

34 minutes ago, WWred said:

Just seems a bit ‘Martyn Woolford’ esc for me, doesn’t strike me as an ambitious signing. Watched him a few times for Bath City and I thought even then when he moved to Inverness it was a bit out of his league.. let alone on to Barnsley and Norwich. Judgement reserved of course until he plays don’t get me wrong, just struggling to get excited about this one.

Weird then that he went to Barnsley & scored 15 in 66, with double figures assists too..

Hardly “out of his league” there, was he?

He was also hugely popular with Barnsley fans..

Norwich clearly didn’t work out, whether that was down to him or them we will find out.

22 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Weird then that he went to Barnsley & scored 15 in 66, with double figures assists too..

Hardly “out of his league” there, was he?

He was also hugely popular with Barnsley fans..

Norwich clearly didn’t work out, whether that was down to him or them we will find out.

Graham, he is not better than what we already have. He is a lazy signing in that we've only signed him because LJ knows him. If this is how our recruitment system works we are fuxjed.

1 hour ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

He's an international ffs.....you dont get to play for your country if you aint got zomat in yer game...even if you come from Saudi Arabia......interesting in the interview he mentions assurances about certain players not leaving which helped his decision?.....i for one am glad we appear to have someone who can hit the byeline and cross....Duric liking this as well  no doubt....

Sorry, but the words Ryan and McGivern undermine the old 'You don't get to play for your country....' argument!! Having said that I'm happy to give this fella every opportunity to prove the doubters wrong.

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Graham, he is not better than what we already have. He is a lazy signing in that we've only signed him because LJ knows him. If this is how our recruitment system works we are fuxjed.

I disagree. He’s better than Elliasson, and it gives Elliason the chance to go on loan to league one and get some regular games in English football.

Overall a solid singing. 

4 hours ago, 29AR said:

If true, it does cast doubt on some of the suggestions LJ is quite far removed from transfer dealings. 

Indeed. I have been one of those who has pressed that case. However, I did post the other day on the transfer forum that I’d been made aware that in recruitment meetings back in May, LJ insisted he have more control over signings. I think this one proves that conversation definitely happened. 

31 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

he is not better than what we already have. He is a lazy signing in that we've only signed him because LJ knows him. If this is how our recruitment system works we are fuxjed.

How do you know that he's no better than we already have? Seen him play several times have you?  Jeez..............:disapointed2se:

When possible LJ likes to sign players he's worked with before as he knows what skills they'll bring,  what type of person they are and how they'll settle in with the squad. 

Its sensible management to know what you're getting and far less risky  than brining in a completely new player who you know nothing about what baggage they might or might not have. 

39 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Is he not a hard working addition to a team that wants to play a high pressing game, who has proven that he has an eye for goal and able to assist, at this level..? He’s also worked under LJ, so he’ll know his character and strengths.

By “lazy”, do you mean “obvious” option..? 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Bannon is one Owls player I'd like to see at City.

i'd sign hime tomorrow if he was available or offer up to 5 mill if i was in charge, he is the sort of midfielder we are missing, 

a battler and tenacious, as good as pack and smith are, they don't put enough tackles or challenges in, bannon would 

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

he improves the squad and is better then what we have 

Yep. A bit of a grafter who has worked his way up the leagues. LJ also worked with him before so at least we know he will contribute unlike some other signings. People bang on about players from England and championship. Well here you go and guess what? Still moaning. Poor at Norwich and good at Barnsley. Sounds like any player. Had a bad spell at a club it happens

1 hour ago, screech said:

It's not, but that's not my concern with this signing. I'm not convinced with this player at all, he's had two good seasons, one in league 1 and two years ago in the championship aged 27. The clubs he has played for are Cheltenham, Hereford, Inverness, Bath City, Barnsley, Norwich.

No doubt Johnson will see him as one of those players he can trust, well, I'm more interested in players who can play at least this level. I'll give him every chance to prove me wrong but this kind of signing is a waste of a wage, he's not shown much up til now that he is knocking on the door of playing in the Premier League. Just my opinion.

Yes I agree we seem to sign a lot of midfielders that are much of a muchness nothing different  

Archived