IGNORED

Former players turned fans

General Zod

I was wondering if our fan base contain any ex City players?  I’m not talking about the ones that turn up at the Gate for an occasional corporate jolly or get a quote in the paper when we are doing well but are there any who, now their careers are over, join us in the stands for the ups and downs on a regular basis?  We often say that players are City through and through so I’m intrigued if I’m likely to see any blasts from the past in the concourse when I’m waiting  inline for a pasty.

2 minutes ago, General Zod said:

I was wondering if our fan base contain any ex City players?  I’m not talking about the ones that turn up at the Gate for an occasional corporate jolly or get a quote in the paper when we are doing well but are there any who, now their careers are over, join us in the stands for the ups and downs on a regular basis?  We often say that players are City through and through so I’m intrigued if I’m likely to see any blasts from the past in the concourse when I’m waiting  inline for a pasty.

I've often wondered the same.

With all the hundreds of City players I've seen they and their extended families could fill a stand on their own.

Assume Tommy Doherty and Louis Carey are now amongst the S82 chant starters?

I'm pretty sure Colin Cramb is a STH and I remember Trevor Tainton used to be regular.

16 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Not sure but you will see a blast from the past in your toilet if you’re eating those pasties 

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

McIndoe doesn't support the club or go to games, just takes an interest.

But only when it coincides with a book release.

Chris Honor posts on here, but I wouldn't recognise him if he was stood next to him.

2 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

Chris Honor posts on here, but I wouldn't recognise him if he was stood next to him.

Does he?

I remember he introduced himself on a thread a couple of years ago but hadn't noticed him post since.

23 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

He sold me one of those big water dispensers you get in offices once and  I was also in his cricket team for Rob Newman's testimonial at the County Ground.

As claims to fame go it ain't much, but it's all I got!

35 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

He sold me one of those big water dispensers you get in offices once and  I was also in his cricket Box for Rob Newman's testimonial at the County Ground.

As claims to fame go it ain't much, but it's all I got!

Did it contain any water?

Changed that for you.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Joe Jordan is at home games more often than not when he`s not working for another club.

1 hour ago, Simon79 said:

Is usually up in the Lansdown. COYR 

Oh no, Surely not...

Joe up in the Lansdown?  :argh:  ...sounds like a gay scandal!  which one are we talking about?  L senior or junior?  

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

@Michael McIndoe does, not sure about any others

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

McIndoe doesn't support the club or go to games, just takes an interest.

Knew MM did could swear there was another, wouldn’t reveal who he actually was for obvious reasons if I remember correctly, unless I just imagined it and going completely mad :laughcont:

Considering the number of local lads we’ve had in the squad over the years there doesn’t seem many who once off the payroll choose to spend their time watching us.  I guess even when they were kids they probably spent more time playing than watching so don’t have the bug like the rest of us

17 hours ago, General Zod said:

I see Brian Drysdale and Tom Ritchie at a fair few games...

Archived