IGNORED

Former players turned fans

General Zod

22 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

He sold me one of those big water dispensers you get in offices once and  I was also in his cricket team for Rob Newman's testimonial at the County Ground.

As claims to fame go it ain't much, but it's all I got!

Based on McIndoe’s reputation I guess you just wanted a bottle of water but he sold you a water dispenser 

20 hours ago, That Louie Donowa goal said:

Was there for his only city goal I believe 0-5 win at vetch field my first away game. Best memory chip shop near the ground after the game, city fan kicking off as they didn’t have any or heard of Clarke’s pies.

Match 20th my birthday . Hat trick for super Bob and one for Biff?

7 hours ago, diffy said:

Not a player but ex chairman Les Kew is always sat in the Dolman stand.(on match days obviously ) :)

Is he really?

Not doubting you, but as a former Chairman I would have expected him to sit in the Central Lansdown at the very least.

Has he fallen on hard times?

Where does Scott Davidson sit?

2 hours ago, Countryfile said:

Is he really?

Not doubting you, but as a former Chairman I would have expected him to sit in the Central Lansdown at the very least.

Scott Davidson used to sit near me in the normal-ish seats - not sure why ex senior employees would be expected to sit in certain areas of the stadium..

On 16/06/2018 at 00:39, Nogbad the Bad said:

With all the hundreds of City players I've seen they and their extended families could fill a stand on their own.

No, that would be the Minimal.

On 17/06/2018 at 00:59, pongo88 said:

Based on McIndoe’s reputation I guess you just wanted a bottle of water but he sold you a water dispenser 

And he is so canny he gets Chris Honor to do the selling.

3 hours ago, dave36 said:

Surprised no one mentioned Scotty!

They did.

I remember John Ward went in the Atyeo once. It would have been early in the 98-99 season. 

The trouble was he was supposed to be in the dugout managing the team.

He left the club shortly after. I guess he wasn't a fan of the pies or they'd run out of half time draw tickets?

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Scott Davidson used to sit near me in the normal-ish seats - not sure why ex senior employees would be expected to sit in certain areas of the stadium..

The two I mentioned  weren't employees, they owned a fairly large chunk of the club, and ran things so far as I am aware.

I would have thought with their money / connections they would be in a box or doing the corporate prawn sandwich lark.

Did anyone see them leave early?

The thing that interests me about this thread is not which ex-City players are seen at the ground for reunions, or doing hospitality, scouting p/t, or even getting the odd freebie, but how many ex players buy their own ST, or turn up regularly purely because they have gone on to become genuine fans of the club.

Perhaps they were fans before signing for the club, or their young children/families became fans when they were players and they still go with them.

I remember hearing Trevor Tainton and Andy Llewellyn fit this category of sitting (fairly) anonymously amongst ordinary supporters, and Colin Cramb has said on FB that he is a ST holder, but I wonder how many others have genuinely become regular match going fans after their careers finished for no other reason than they still love the game, and the club, and want to support the team?

If a player stayed in the area after retiring, then unless they had a big fall out with the club why would they not become regular fans? :dunno:

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I do know him quite well actually and he is a little embarrassed if given stick for helping 'save' City :)

He would be if a gashead was dishing out the stick! A mate of mine helped organise his recent benefit game - Mr Aitken is a top geezer, as you obviously know. He can certainly smash back the Guinness like a pro - well he could back in the day! He taught me so much in our one season together in central midfield....an absolute gent

23 hours ago, Countryfile said:

Is he really?

He sits  in the middle just above half way up , If you have fallen  on hard times you couldn't afford to sit there nowadays :no:.

Archived