IGNORED

Bristol City 20th highest in away attendances last season

Pretty embarrassing really. Yes there are factors as mentioned above like location, Sky games etc but away support is one thing we should look to improve as our home attendances have grown so impressively.

Still much better than the loyal and proud best fans in the world Gas though.

21 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Excuses. 

Distance to nearest club and distances to majority of clubs. 

Police Bubble match and minimal ticket allocation at Cardiff. 

Abysmal away record from early December to end of season. Why anyone went away after January is a mystery to me. 

Fair enough.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Factors. 

Distance to nearest club and distances to majority of clubs. 

Police Bubble match and minimal ticket allocation at Cardiff. 

Abysmal away record from early December to end of season. Why anyone went away after January is a mystery to me. 

Because if your healthy, are free to attend and can afford it, why wouldn’t you. Away marches are often more fun with City’s support all in one place instead of being scattered to the four stands at AG.  My god, if I only went away when we’re doing well I would have stopped travelling over 40 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Because if your healthy, are free to attend and can afford it, why wouldn’t you. Away marches are often more fun with City’s support all in one place instead of being scattered to the four stands at AG.  My god, if I only went away when we’re doing well I would have stopped travelling over 40 years ago. 

Also it's the opportunity to visit a ground you haven't been to before. I will tend to opt for a new ground , particularly if I can make it a weekend away.

Also so many northern clubs, you can easily take over 5k for example if the ground is close to you. We always travel well to London clubs and Cardiff, Villa and  Reading for example unfortunately for us Cardiff and Villa only sold us a pitiful amount of tickets which is bound to affect the overall average.

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Why are the Gas all the way down at number 34?

According to their fans their away attendances are World famous and easily better than ours....Im confused :blink:

Division three grounds are usually smaller so quite often the majority of the travelling gas support of 40,000 find themselves  unable to enter the ground so they do not appear in the stats.

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I used to go home and away no matter what. You can’t beat an away day win. But have grown to despise traveling and watching us lose, takes up your whole Saturday and just ruins your weekend. The highs of an away victory definitely outweigh the lows of defeat, but when we play at this level the defeats are all too often.

You’ll never stop me going to home games, but I’d rather go out on my bike that travel the length of the country chasing a high that is all too rare.

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Division three grounds are usually smaller so quite often the majority of the travelling gas support of 40,000 find themselves  unable to enter the ground so they do not appear in the stats.

You'd think with a huge travelling army of 40,000 combined with smaller grounds they'd have actually sold out an away allocation once in a while?

I wonder if the figures include "all da gas in da ome end"?

A strange breed of Sag who doesnt buy available tickets for the away end, opting instead to sit with the home fans. Gasheads usually add 500 or so onto any away support figures to account for these fans.

'Typical sheet heads cooking the figures to make it look like they had a bigger traveling support than the mighty gas in 17-18. In just the same way they have been able to falsify every average home attendance for the past 60 seasons to make it seem like they actually have a much bigger support then us'

In the 80's and you were a Halifax Town fan, you could drive to 50 away grounds within an hour's drive. How many away grounds within an hour's drive are there from BS3 let alone in our Division?

As another poster has stated, it's about geography (other school subjects also available).

22 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Probably because fans who want to support their club will follow them through bad times as well as good...

I agree with you. I've been there, I've done it, got the t-shirt etc. 

I don't go away now. Getting old and travelling now tires me out. Limited pension so cost also a factor. 

My last line was a bit tongue in cheek, but with a lot of truth. Keep losing away from home as we did after the Sheffield U win, and it does dishearten even the most fanatic supporters. Great respect for all who keep on going. 

I agree we could do better , and I agree with the excuses. The run of horrendous form, the Sky games , the moved fixtures etc , but everybody gets those. It's down to luck if it's a game we would take a good following to, Derby a good example. We had train tickets before it was moved and couldn't go. The difference from Saturday to Friday is huge to people who work, but as I say all teams get this. 
One thing that others didn't is the Cardiff bubble game and the reduced allocation at Villa (not sure if there were others) , these two alone could've added a couple of thousand to the aggregate , which would take us above Fulham (meaningless in the grand scheme of things I know ).
Some great followings there , since Luton left the League their away following has been good, Leeds are amazing and fair play to Sun'land fans, gluttons for punishment obviously.

2 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

'Typical sheet heads cooking the figures to make it look like they had a bigger traveling support than the mighty gas in 17-18. In just the same way they have been able to falsify every average home attendance for the past 60 seasons to make it seem like they actually have a much bigger support then us'

It doesn`t include the thousands locked out every week* so it`s all good. Take that teds!

*ignoring the fact that the away g*s allocation is rarely if ever sold out

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

It doesn`t include the thousands locked out every week* so it`s all good. Take that teds!

*ignoring the fact that the away g*s allocation is rarely if ever sold out

Obviously the rarity of sell outs in the away stands is due to the impressive popularity and huge respect shown to The Gas wherever they go.... They're all in hospitality bars and boxes as guests...  

We'd have been much higher up if the Fulham, Brentford and QPR games had been on better days.  2 Tuesday games plus the Saturday before christmas didn't help.  The likes of Lincoln and Coventry benefited from being allowed to take 1000s to away grounds.  Most our allocations are restricted..

21 minutes ago, The Bard said:

We'd have been much higher up if the Fulham, Brentford and QPR games had been on better days.  2 Tuesday games plus the Saturday before christmas didn't help.  The likes of Lincoln and Coventry benefited from being allowed to take 1000s to away grounds.  Most our allocations are restricted..

This, plus greatly reduced allocation for Cardiff & Villa, which would probably have sold out double, at least, for each. 

On 16/06/2018 at 15:13, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

You'd think with a huge travelling army of 40,000 combined with smaller grounds they'd have actually sold out an away allocation once in a while?

I wonder if the figures include "all da gas in da ome end"?

A strange breed of Sag who doesnt buy available tickets for the away end, opting instead to sit with the home fans. Gasheads usually add 500 or so onto any away support figures to account for these fans.

Do you get to sit in that league?

Archived