IGNORED

Cristiano Ronaldo

reddogkev

Thought he is worthy of his own thread, not just for last night, but for everything he has achieved up to now.

51 professional hat-tricks.  Incredible.

Is he the best footballer to ever grace the game?  For me, he has reached that level.

40 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Thought he is worthy of his own thread, not just for last night, but for everything he has achieved up to now.

51 professional hat-tricks.  Incredible.

Is he the best footballer to ever grace the game?  For me, he has reached that level.

I think so even tho I dislike the bloke,maradona was incredible and always loved messi but ronaldo has done it in 2 countries and his desire to win is incredible,pele was before my time and some of his records are questionable at best

2 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

Ronaldo done it in 3 different countries & dragged his team to the Euro title 2 years ago 

he best player ever to grace the game

Pure opinion mate. Much prefer watching Messi.

Besides, it's hardly fair to compare EURO wins, don't think Messi will ever win one of them... :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

If we are talking national teams achievements then you have to put maradona at the top because he almost single handedly(excuse the pun) won the World Cup in a rank average argie team on his own

Different time altogether 

only last 20 years can you really think of people as greats 

46 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I think so even tho I dislike the bloke,maradona was incredible and always loved messi but ronaldo has done it in 2 countries and his desire to win is incredible,pele was before my time and some of his records are questionable at best

Yep, agree with you, and he does make it easy to dislike him as a person, but as a professional he is truly outstanding. 

51 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

Ronaldo done it in 3 different countries & dragged his team to the Euro title 2 years ago 

Not doubting his abilities at all but I think that’s a bit harsh on his Portugal teammates. They won Euro 2016 mainly through their excellent defensive record, good teamwork, and playing very effective tournament survival football. If memory serves, Ronaldo wasn’t as instrumental as some might think from the last 16 onwards (although he did score against Wales in the semi final).  

Everyone gets distracted by skinny Ronaldo's bucketloads of goals in what is, in truth, a league made up of only 8-10 competitive teams at best.

The best player of this last generation is Andres Iniesta.

Second is Messi. 

Joint third are Pirlo & Ronaldinho.

But I accept not everyone will agree!

37 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Imagine George best and Madonna on theses bowling greens of pitches now and the protection from the ref

Best played against farmer defenders, who were drunk half the time. 

For me though Zidane is the best. A big game player.

I'm not a great fan of Ronaldo, mainly because of his egoistic attitude but surely as an all round footballer how anyone can say Messi is a better player is beyond me. Messi may score goals but just look at the penalty he has just missed!! He's not even in the game against Hondur, where as Ronaldo ran the game for Portugal last night.

1 hour ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

Argentina have made 4 of the last 5 Copa America finals, their equivalent to the Euros. They lost three of them on pens. That is as much evidence of Messi’s contribution at international level as one win is for Ronaldo’s Portugal.

Archived