IGNORED

Cristiano Ronaldo

reddogkev

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Argentina have made 4 of the last 5 Copa America finals, their equivalent to the Euros. They lost three of them on pens. That is as much evidence of Messi’s contribution at international level as one win is for Ronaldo’s Portugal.

Not really 

Euros is higher level

5 minutes ago, Leveller said:

No but you and others are making inane generalisations about previous generations.

What that the fact that the game was slower and players used to be drunk half the time doesn't help. That isn't to say players were not world class.

2 hours ago, South Somerset Red said:

Hard to compare to players like Maradona and Pele as they were in completely different eras and the game was very different but for me he is the best player in my life time. I'd like to see how he would've shaped up with players being allowed hack away at his legs

Easy, instead of spending 30 minutes a game rolling around and then preening his hair, he'd spend 80 minutes of each game rolling around and then preening his hair.

22 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Argentina have made 4 of the last 5 Copa America finals, their equivalent to the Euros. They lost three of them on pens. That is as much evidence of Messi’s contribution at international level as one win is for Ronaldo’s Portugal.

You seem to forget Portugal are horse turd,Argentina even without messi are not a bad side and still probably better than England 

12 minutes ago, One BCFC said:

What that the fact that the game was slower and players used to be drunk half the time doesn't help. That isn't to say players were not world class.

So were some defenders world class. And implying most of the defenders were drunk on the pitch is ... like I said, inane generalisations. England’s 1966 back four were as good as today’s, if not better, at least as defenders.

15 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

Not really 

Euros is higher level

Probably slightly higher but it isn’t a huge gap. Though the argument you responded to qs very flawed. Getting to finals is not winning them and Messi at International level is underwhelming. Ronaldo can will his team to win. Also don’t buy this attitude stuff. He literally gets paid to be the best and you have to have the midset that you are the best. Of course he is arrogant. It is probably how he gets the best from himself and it works

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Probably slightly higher but it isn’t a huge gap. Though the argument you responded to qs very flawed. Getting to finals is not winning them and Messi at International level is underwhelming. Ronaldo can will his team to win. Also don’t buy this attitude stuff. He literally gets paid to be the best and you have to have the midset that you are the best. Of course he is arrogant. It is probably how he gets the best from himself and it works

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club/real-madrid/86/blog/post/3317297/real-madrids-cristiano-ronaldo-has-long-list-of-charity-contributions

people mention his attitude but miss this off

6 minutes ago, Leveller said:

So were some defenders world class. And implying most of the defenders were drunk on the pitch is ... like I said, inane generalisations. England’s 1966 back four were as good as today’s, if not better, at least as defenders.

No not having that

like saying 66 f1 as good as today 

In Best's day the game was much more physical and players were not given the sort of time on the ball that they get today.  Messi and Ronaldo would have been in row A of the stand s in the first 5 minutes up against most top defenders back in the 60s and 70s.

Having said that I am also pretty certain that players of Messi and Ronaldo's talent and ability would have been great players back then, as that would be the type of game they had grown up with, as Best did. Similarly, with his talent and modern diet and training regimes, allied to bowling green pitches and referees protecting skilful players, Best would have been a great in today's game.

Ronaldo does a lot for charity and I don’t just mean chuck money at them. He always has time for fans. Have you seen the video of the Portugal dan crying Cos he missed Ronaldo getting on bus. Ronaldo gets off and find the kid. He also paid for a very poorly Real fans treatment a frenzy years ago and many many more story’s of him.

8 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Ronaldo does a lot for charity and I don’t just mean chuck money at them. He always has time for fans. Have you seen the video of the Portugal dan crying Cos he missed Ronaldo getting on bus. Ronaldo gets off and find the kid. He also paid for a very poorly Real fans treatment a frenzy years ago and many many more story’s of him.

So do many footballers but you don’t hear nothing about it,Ronaldo on the other hand wants people to know about it.Perfect example is Pepe,total arse on the pitch and yet does incredible charity work and yet nobody knows about it because he doesn’t want credit for it 

https://mobile.twitter.com/SG8_TheKop/status/1007992775717994496?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-15528531473792308306.ampproject.net%2F1529106593171%2Fframe.html

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

So do many footballers but you don’t hear nothing about it,Ronaldo on the other hand wants people to know about it 

Joe Bryan was quick to.....

3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Thought he is worthy of his own thread, not just for last night, but for everything he has achieved up to now.

51 professional hat-tricks.  Incredible.

Is he the best footballer to ever grace the game?  For me, he has reached that level.

You are meant to put rumour in the title..... I thought he had signed!

;)

To be able to watch him last night was special, he's changed his game a lot in the last 3 or 4 years and it's suited him a lot.

Not too bothered about who's better out of him or Messi and I just feel privileged to be in an era where I can watch them both at their peak. Both are definitely two of the all time greats and we are lucky to have them.

Another name that nobody has mentioned is Johann Cruyff, unbelievable talent  

2 hours ago, reformed_red said:

Everyone gets distracted by skinny Ronaldo's bucketloads of goals in what is, in truth, a league made up of only 8-10 competitive teams at best.

The best player of this last generation is Andres Iniesta.

Second is Messi. 

Joint third are Pirlo & Ronaldinho.

But I accept not everyone will agree!

Doesn't your second best player ever play in the same league? Messi has never done anything outside of his comfort zone of the Spanish league. Won nothing with his country.

Ronaldo has done the business in 2 top leagues, won the euro's and has pretty identical scoring stats for club and country with Ronaldo doing it for Man u and Real. He also scored all different types of goals and has an all round better game than Messi imo. Just because he runs his mouth about how good he is doesn't mean he isn't telling the truth.

Also compare yesterday how he stepped up his game against 1 of the best teams in the world and Messi pretty much struggled for any positive impact on today's game against much inferior opponents.

1 minute ago, collier said:

Doesn't your second best player ever play in the same league? Messi has never done anything outside of his comfort zone of the Spanish league. Won nothing with his country.

Ronaldo has done the business in 2 top leagues, won the euro's and has pretty identical scoring stats for club and country with Ronaldo doing it for Man u and Real. He also scored all different types of goals and has an all round better game than Messi imo. Just because he runs his mouth about how good he is doesn't mean he isn't telling the truth.

Also compare yesterday how he stepped up his game against 1 of the best teams in the world and Messi pretty much struggled for any positive impact on today's game against much inferior opponents.

Made De gea look like Steele 

15 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

To be able to watch him last night was special, he's changed his game a lot in the last 3 or 4 years and it's suited him a lot.

Not too bothered about who's better out of him or Messi and I just feel privileged to be in an era where I can watch them both at their peak. Both are definitely two of the all time greats and we are lucky to have them.

Another name that nobody has mentioned is Johann Cruyff, unbelievable talent  

In 30 years we will be able to bang on to the youngsters how good Ronaldo and Messi were and we were lucky to see such greats so as you say let’s not argue who is the best 

5 hours ago, South Somerset Red said:

Hard to compare to players like Maradona and Pele as they were in completely different eras and the game was very different but for me he is the best player in my life time. I'd like to see how he would've shaped up with players being allowed hack away at his legs

Did you watch him when he first came here, for Man Utd? He must have been hacked down 10 times a game. I think it only made him stronger and more determined.

Archived