IGNORED

Cristiano Ronaldo

reddogkev

3 hours ago, TRL said:

Difference I see between Ron and Messi

Ronaldo has proved his ability in more than one country.

Messi has a team built around providing him the ability to shine.

For me it adds up to Ronaldo being the better player.  They both play in the same league which apart from 4 teams is not massively competitive . One has a team built around him. The other plays with a team of superstars.

Messi looks very good running at people and the benefit of a low centre of gravity which most of the top players had. Ronaldo has an around better game and has wonderful balance for a tall bloke 

If rating out of 10

Ronaldo 9

Messi 8.5

:blink:

He spends 80 minutes a game falling over in increasingly theatrical ways.

20 hours ago, collier said:

Doesn't your second best player ever play in the same league? Messi has never done anything outside of his comfort zone of the Spanish league. Won nothing with his country.

Ronaldo has done the business in 2 top leagues, won the euro's and has pretty identical scoring stats for club and country with Ronaldo doing it for Man u and Real. He also scored all different types of goals and has an all round better game than Messi imo. Just because he runs his mouth about how good he is doesn't mean he isn't telling the truth.

Also compare yesterday how he stepped up his game against 1 of the best teams in the world and Messi pretty much struggled for any positive impact on today's game against much inferior opponents.

Rubbish. Ronaldo's hattrick included a penalty and poor shot that 99.9 per cent of the time a goalie would've saved. His free-kick was great, but other than that I thought Messi had the better game of the two.

Also, Iceland parked the bus and doubled or trebled up on Messi, whereas Ronaldo was playing against a team who like to play football, therefore had a lot more space.

And finally, for all this talk about Messi having the better international teammates, players like Angel di Maria and Aguero are almost always anonymous for Argentina.

Ronaldo's a great player, but Messi is the best.

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

:blink:

He spends 80 minutes a game falling over in increasingly theatrical ways.

I guess he must be better than we thought then, he got a hat trick in 10 mins verses Spain and spent the other 80 on his arse apparently.

2 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Rubbish. Ronaldo's hattrick included a penalty and poor shot that 99.9 per cent of the time a goalie would've saved. His free-kick was great, but other than that I thought Messi had the better game of the two.

Also, Iceland parked the bus and doubled or trebled up on Messi, whereas Ronaldo was playing against a team who like to play football, therefore had a lot more space.

And finally, for all this talk about Messi having the better international teammates, players like Angel di Maria and Aguero are almost always anonymous for Argentina.

Ronaldo's a great player, but Messi is the best.

You mean the penalty that he won and the world class free kick. Yea Messi was much better with his missed penalty and 10 shots where he cut on to his left foot and managed to miss the target. Just admit you don't like Ronaldo so you won't be giving him any credit no matter what he does. Also didn't Aguero score Argentina's goal? yea much more anonymous than Messi yesterday. 

19 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Whether CR has done it in 2 different countries or not makes zero difference, put yourself in Messi’s shoes why on earth would he leave Barca? One of, if not the biggest clubs in the world, he has nothing to prove to anyone, imo he’s the best player I’ve ever seen, probably the best ever, as for CR if he didn’t dive, roll around feign injuries and cheat so much then maybe he’d be in with a shout too but that side of his game is embarrassing, and the worst thing about it is there’s no need for him to do it.

Messi dives, rolls around to feign injuries and chests as well, all top players do it. 

As I said earlier, don't think either is better than the other but Ronaldo is hardly on his own as a cheat.... 

6 hours ago, collier said:

You mean the penalty that he won and the world class free kick. Yea Messi was much better with his missed penalty and 10 shots where he cut on to his left foot and managed to miss the target. Just admit you don't like Ronaldo so you won't be giving him any credit no matter what he does. Also didn't Aguero score Argentina's goal? yea much more anonymous than Messi yesterday. 

I do like Ronaldo, I just don't think he's as good as Messi. As goalscorers, the two players are pretty much equal, but Messi has much, much more to his game.

Had Ronaldo been playing against that Iceland team, he'd have done nothing.

That was Aguero's first ever World Cup goal. And other than the goal, I barely heard his name mentioned. Di Maria was abject - a pitiful return for a player of his reputation.

The messi v ronaldo debate has been going on for 10 years or so. I always preferred messi, mainly due to him being a “purer” footballer with almost god given talent, like maradona. where as ronaldo is more like a machine, crazy talent and crazy work ethic to be the best. Ronaldos goals record in the biggest games though is outrageous, and as an out and out goal scorer now he is the most lethal, and confident in his own ability, in the world.

I used to despise him with a passion due to his attitude but recently I have started to realise that his attitude makes him imo the best footballer in the world. He’s a winner and he will do anything to win. 

I would much rather have Ronaldo in my team than Messi. Whilst Messi is a fantastic footballer he just doesn’t have the same attitude as Ronaldo. I’d say Messi is the more naturally gifted footballer but Ronaldo has worked incredibly hard on becoming the player he is today. Attitude and application is everything imo.

Is Ronaldo the best player ever? It’s impossible to tell because it’s different eras and the game has changed dramatically. He would certainly be right up there tho.

Putting aside the debate over who is better, I think It will be a while before we see two world class players like these again. 

34 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I used to despise him with a passion due to his attitude but recently I have started to realise that his attitude makes him imo the best footballer in the world. He’s a winner and he will do anything to win. 

I would much rather have Ronaldo in my team than Messi. Whilst Messi is a fantastic footballer he just doesn’t have the same attitude as Ronaldo. I’d say Messi is the more naturally gifted footballer but Ronaldo has worked incredibly hard on becoming the player he is today. Attitude and application is everything imo.

Is Ronaldo the best player ever? It’s impossible to tell because it’s different eras and the game has changed dramatically. He would certainly be right up there tho.

Putting aside the debate over who is better, I think It will be a while before we see two world class players like these again. 

People often say this and I always wonder why, no one knows this for sure. Someone always comes along, people probably said the same whilst watching Brazillian Ronaldo or Ronaldinho at their best.

The greatest player in my generation, enough said. 

The guy just doesn’t stop, everything he does for the game on and off the field has to be admired and at 33 he seems to get better, has years at the top of his game left yet. Would love to see him return to the Premier League one day. 

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 13:22, BoneyardTIM said:

My 1,2,3 would be Maradona, Messi, Pele. he's a fantastic player but his attitude lets him down. And he's a winker.

Do you mean his second to none work attitude and striving to be the best?

1 hour ago, jj77 said:

Do you mean his second to none work attitude and striving to be the best?

No, you can't knock his work ethic, as I said above, he is a fantastic player, but in my opinion, he goes to ground far to easy, fakes injury and I still haven't forgave him for winking when Rooney got sent off.

I'm not on this thread...

I am now .

:yes:

Ronaldo , the world's best player . He does what he wants and is a winner. 

For how many years have opposition players tried to stop him fairly or unfairly ? 

He just rolls around a lot, moans , adjusts his hair and sticks the ensuing free kick into the back of the net . 

A character hard to like but you can only admire his skills and application.

On 16/06/2018 at 17:11, JBFC II said:

Another name that nobody has mentioned is Johann Cruyff, unbelievable talent  

His 'Cruyff Turn' is the only trick I can actually still do with any affect at my age (51) - although I can only use it once per game - young defenders don't like getting turned by a 51-year-old overweight bloke in a tight-fitting city top and they let me know in no uncertain terms!!!

C Ronaldo is IMHO the greatest, most talented attacking player on the planet right now. Messi is a close second but Ronaldo has everything. Wonderful to watch - and annoying because (a) he's not English, (b) he doesn't play for Bristol City and (c) he comes over as having a petulant and disrespectful attitude - but that could just be the press, as I don't know him personally..

Brilliant nonetheless.

This game (Argentina vs croatia) sums up the difference between Ronaldo and Messi for me.

One has all the talent you could wish for.

The otber has almost as much talent. But has something more important than that. The will to win and the influence to make his team mates believe it.

This is why Ronaldo is better than Messi imho

On 16/06/2018 at 15:30, Babbacome Dave said:

I'm not a great fan of Ronaldo, mainly because of his egoistic attitude but surely as an all round footballer how anyone can say Messi is a better player is beyond me. Messi may score goals but just look at the penalty he has just missed!! He's not even in the game against Hondur, where as Ronaldo ran the game for Portugal last night.

Ronaldo also stopped and watched as someone walked past him with the ball in the build up to Spain’s third. He has a right sulky temperment when things don’t go his way.

theres no denying he’s an incredible athlete and a great player, and I won’t compare him to Messi because they are different types of players in different roles, but his attitude at times on the pitch let’s hjm down.

He’s regularly showing off all the good he does, though I do worry a lot of that is make people like him. I’ve heard stories and know people who have first hand experience of Ronaldo. Always sat on his own with his agent on the team coach, never joined team nights/meals. I don’t think he’s actually the nice guy he wants everyone to believe he is. Just look st the odd incident with his first child - he refuses to tell the kid who is mother is and rumours just the family have told him she’s dead to stop him asking!

3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Ronaldo also stopped and watched as someone walked past him with the ball in the build up to Spain’s third. He has a right sulky temperment when things don’t go his way.

theres no denying he’s an incredible athlete and a great player, and I won’t compare him to Messi because they are different types of players in different roles, but his attitude at times on the pitch let’s hjm down.

He’s regularly showing off all the good he does, though I do worry a lot of that is make people like him. I’ve heard stories and know people who have first hand experience of Ronaldo. Always sat on his own with his agent on the team coach, never joined team nights/meals. I don’t think he’s actually the nice guy he wants everyone to believe he is. Just look st the odd incident with his first child - he refuses to tell the kid who is mother is and rumours just the family have told him she’s dead to stop him asking!

I was under the impression he paid (10m) to a (attractive) American waitress to have his baby with the understanding he would raise him alone. With that agreement in place, why should he tell him when they agreed on the terms?

Strong rumours that Ronaldo is actually gay and has a close Moroccan friend/boyfriend. Whether it's true or the press lying as per usual or what.

My Grandad reckons "Tom Finney" was the greatest.  My Dad says "George Best" (and when you see the pithes they played on it's a good case!).  I personally think Maradona was the greatest, he did it in 2 Continents and 3 Countries,  (I still despise the dirty little cheat) but he brought success to Napoli and dragged Argentina to World Cup Glory in '86.

On 16/06/2018 at 13:17, reddogkev said:

Thought he is worthy of his own thread, not just for last night, but for everything he has achieved up to now.

51 professional hat-tricks.  Incredible.

Is he the best footballer to ever grace the game?  For me, he has reached that level.

Sorry but i dont agree i think he lets his self down by diving and simulating injury!! although his goal ratio is second to non.

Archived