IGNORED

Magnússon Starts For Iceland

BS10 RED

Generally having a decent game, even set up the goal (accidently)

Posted at 24 mins

GOAL - Argentina 1-1 Iceland

Alfred Finnbogason

Well well well! Iceland levelled very quickly against England in the Euros two years ago and they do it again, right back on level terms!

It's not great defending or goalkeeping from Argentina again, Hörður Magnússon's shot is so bad it turns into a cross

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15:21

PENALTY ARGENTINA

Argentina 1-1 Iceland

Down to 10 men momentarily, Iceland just got out of shape and a rash, clumsy challenge from Hörður Magnússon brings a penalty. A shove in the back.

Well done Mags, he had a good game. I’ve got so much admiration for Iceland. I was saying yesterday that if there’s going to be a shock in this tournament, it’ll be Argentina going out. If Croatia win tonight, they’re under some pressure going into their game on Thursday. 

10 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I thought at the time that it wasn't a pen. I thought the ref had to use VAR on all pen decisions? Ridiculous not to use it on that one. 

The ref doesn't have to "use" it but the VAR team will have reviewed the incident and determined there wasn't a "clear and obvious" error to bring to the attention of the match referee.

38 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Sums Magnússon up for me....looks like he is having a steady game no frills anc contributing to a solid performance, but always has a mistake in him

A graph showing how Magnússon's transfer value fluctuated during the game today.

graph.jpg

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He’ll be nearly 30 then....depends who he’s playing for and how well...

If Portishead declares UDI and comes through qualifying there's a chance.

Archived