Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

BS10 RED

Magnússon Starts For Iceland

Hörður Magnússon 1 year ago was slated for spending too much time on the floor by LJ away at Preston. Has just played a part in stopping the greatest footballer of all time from winning a game. SCENES

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AberRed said:

Gary Neville didn't seem to think it was a penalty

Edit: Nor does Mark Clattenberg

So, an apology due to Maggs from some on here?

• Like 6

Well done Mags, he had a good game. I’ve got so much admiration for Iceland. I was saying yesterday that if there’s going to be a shock in this tournament, it’ll be Argentina going out. If Croatia win tonight, they’re under some pressure going into their game on Thursday. 

• Like 2

MAGGERS IS INNOCENT - OFFICIAL (In an unofficial way)

VAR shows (and verified by that nice Mr Clattenburg) that it was the striker shoving his legs into Mags that caused the tangle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I bet LJ is really proud that one of his players has just played 90 minutes against Argentina in the World Cup.  Reckon he will be on the phone to Mags right now congratulating him. :clap:

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Would love to see a few more of our squad at the next World Cup. Hopefully Bobby Reid is one of them :whistle:

He’ll be nearly 30 then....depends who he’s playing for and how well...

10 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I thought at the time that it wasn't a pen. I thought the ref had to use VAR on all pen decisions? Ridiculous not to use it on that one. 

The ref doesn't have to "use" it but the VAR team will have reviewed the incident and determined there wasn't a "clear and obvious" error to bring to the attention of the match referee.

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Gobsmacked to hear the pundits saying that wasn't a pen. You'd be absolutely livid if that wasn't given if it had been a City player. 

Nope. Replays and review by Clattenburg show not a pen.

50 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It looked like he was ball watching and went through the back of the forward to me.

That argie was throwing himself under everyone

38 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Sums Magnússon up for me....looks like he is having a steady game no frills anc contributing to a solid performance, but always has a mistake in him

A graph showing how Magnússon's transfer value fluctuated during the game today.

graph.jpg

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He’ll be nearly 30 then....depends who he’s playing for and how well...

If Portishead declares UDI and comes through qualifying there's a chance.

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

I know what they said but still find it amazing. Looked clear as day. 

The second one "looked" like a dive...and was a pen all day long

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Gobsmacked to hear the pundits saying that wasn't a pen. You'd be absolutely livid if that wasn't given if it had been a City player. 

I told you all & you all laughed

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, downendcity said:

A graph showing how Magnússon's transfer value fluctuated during the game today.

graph.jpg

Based on views on OTIB !

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, mikep said:

I bet LJ is really proud that one of his players has just played 90 minutes against Argentina in the World Cup.  Reckon he will be on the phone to Mags right now congratulating him. :clap:

Probably heard his phone ringing, looked at the caller ID, and thought "**** that"

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

I told you all & you all laughed

Probably because the idea of Magnussons self appointed number one fan coming straight on here to back him up after he gave away a penalty was rather funny

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Probably because the idea of Magnussons self appointed number one fan coming straight on here to back him up after he gave away a penalty was rather funny

I was here before the game even started :dance:

1 minute ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

I was here before the game even started :dance:

Of course, it's a whole thread dedicated to Mags, you had to be here!

1 hour ago, mikep said:

Shame he's not our player anymore 

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, phantom said:

Shame he's not our player anymore 

But surely, if I understand Robbered correctly, he is still our player until it is announced on the official site...................

• Haha 1

I'm surprised someone doesn't ask Tomlin if his wife still makes him sleep in the spare room. Reckon he wouldn't have a sentient response for that

• Haha 2

Having seen the penalty incident I think it’s extremely harsh on Mags, if it went to VAR I don’t think they’d of gave it.

As for Tomlin he’s just proving to everyone what a w4nker he is whether it’s ‘bantz’ or not.

14 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Sad to see him leave us now

Bad decision imo but can’t stand in his way even though he’s not asked to leave.

6 hours ago, downendcity said:

graph.jpg

A quick post script.

I included a graph to show that as Mags did well or made a "mistake" opinions on here changed accordingly.

It wasn't intended to mean that the slump at the end reflected his value dropping off a cliff - that just happened to be he graph I found on the internet.

Anyone else notice that if a player spent a week at Old Trafford the commentators are all over it; if he's playing for us it doesn't get a mention...

• Like 1

He's a weak link and has been pretty much since he got here. Had a few games where he shows signs of improving but then goes back to having a horrible mistake in him. No problem with us letting him go. But it is a worry that LJ has signed so many players like Hörður that just haven't worked out (Gustav, Eliasson, even Pisano was looking terrible come the end of the season, Tomlin, Leko, Kent, Diony, O'Neil, Lucic, Ekstrand and probably more I've forgotten).

Argentina were a shambles in qualifying so doesn't surprise me to see they still haven't got it together yet.

1 hour ago, Alex_BCFC said:

He's a weak link and has been pretty much since he got here. Had a few games where he shows signs of improving but then goes back to having a horrible mistake in him. No problem with us letting him go. But it is a worry that LJ has signed so many players like Hörður that just haven't worked out (Gustav, Eliasson, even Pisano was looking terrible come the end of the season, Tomlin, Leko, Kent, Diony, O'Neil, Lucic, Ekstrand and probably more I've forgotten).

Argentina were a shambles in qualifying so doesn't surprise me to see they still haven't got it together yet.

Are we really the sort of club that should be shipping out international footballers, one who's just done a pretty decent job against some of the best players in the world. 

Will probably end up replacing him with a 18 year old from the academy or a free signing from Peterborough. 

Maybe we should just coach all these flops better, or get a better coach 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Are we really the sort of club that should be shipping out international footballers, one who's just done a pretty decent job against some of the best players in the world. 

Will probably end up replacing him with a 18 year old from the academy or a free signing from Peterborough. 

Maybe we should just coach all these flops better, or get a better coach 

Remember when David Healy scored a hat-trick against Spain? These are one-off games, five-off at a maximum for a team like Iceland. I'd be hiding behind the sofa if Magnússon had to play against players half as good as Messi every week for a season.

ethanfeltham1@leetomlin10 you was on loan to forest u ****

kieran_foster14@leetomlin10 you were out on loan ardiff don't need you

jakemanning46@leetomlin10 you got bombed to forest, pecker.

lukesteele_pao - heaps of laugh emojis (not allowed on here apparently....)

luke_ayling2@leetomlin10 can’t believe I’m friends with these guys

leetomlin10@luke_ayling2  don’t say that you will get stick from Bristol fans

danavent_@leetomlin10 nah we like Ayling you’re just a fat lazy bastard

baileywright6LONGNECKS!

hknapp1@leetomlin10 your a joke

conorravo@leetomlin10 retire at 29 and spend rest of your days sniffing bistro gravy granules and shoving sausage rolls up ya ass ya weirdo

hordurmagnusson - LOVE IT

ig.jay97@hordurmagnusson ily

dan.nutting@hordurmagnusson you played well

Even Luke Steele is laughing at Tomlin. The fat git must have fallen out with every single city player. Wright,Ayling and Little pile on too..

Is Kory_  Our Smithy? I know its spelt Korey, but would fit as well.

Tomlin must be winning "the most disliked ex- City Player" by a mile!