IGNORED

England to be reffed by blunder official

There is constant audio communication between all the officials including VAR that we don’t hear

Back and forward yes and no’s that must discussed live as we are watching to come to an agreement

It might be a language thing or are the teams changed appropriately for each game - the on field officials are a team 

Why does the red have to go to the sideline to look at a small screen when every ground has a dirty great screen at either end?

The rugby tackle on Kane this evening was a dead cert pen IMHO yet totally ignored. I appreciate the ref watches the flight of the ball but what were his assistants doing?

Some might suspect FIFA don't like England much but surely that would be a cynical view. :whistle:

I view of the criticism drawn from tonight's game, FIFA has been forced to provide details of the VAR panel and have just released photos of the members of that team.

bocelli.jpg

ray charles.png

stevie wonder.jpg

Ref reminded me of Dads Army's Sgt Wilson, he was that authoritarian, imagine something like this..'I say, I say, 'excuse me chaps let's play nice shall we?, I don't want to have to ask again, give it a try anyway eh? pretty please? for me, theres good fellows..''  

Does he ref cage fighting in his spare time?

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

Referees watch the flight of the ball at a set play so frequently miss off the ball incidents as we saw tonight.

Surely one of the reasons VAR was introduced was to highlight the incidents that the ref missed?

You honestly beleive that referees watch the flight of the ball and not what's going on down on the ground with the players?

If so, I would guess that you never refereed a game in any official capacity?

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Really? You play a different western league to me then :laughcont:

Many times over the last few seasons I've witnessed better refereeing at The Creek than Ashton Gate.

Although Manor Farm were in the Southern League for the season just gone, so not all in the Western League.

That said they had a ref for a game in 16/17 that made Kieth Stroud look competant.

Maybe Farm were lucky with their refs when I went.

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

no he wasn't. That clickable shit was about a totally different subject. Nothing to do with his inability to referee a game as a whole.

the article was about two var decisions he had been involved in that were controversial, I think you can add two more to that now, he was only pointing out that fact before the game, in my opinion he was right the ref was an arse.

9 minutes ago, pillred said:

the article was about two var decisions he had been involved in that were controversial, I think you can add two more to that now, he was only pointing out that fact before the game, in my opinion he was right the ref was an arse.

But the VAR decisions weren't referred to him, some other ******** in a box made those decisions. If the article had said, he had an inability to stop the Tunisians making niggly fouls, timewaste by standing over the ball at freekicks and generally had no control over the game, then it would have been relevant.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

But the VAR decisions weren't referred to him, some other ******** in a box made those decisions. If the article had said, he had an inability to stop the Tunisians making niggly fouls, timewaste by standing over the ball at freekicks and generally had no control over the game, then it would have been relevant.

can't argue with that, he was poor wasn't he.

2 hours ago, 42nite said:

You honestly beleive that referees watch the flight of the ball and not what's going on down on the ground with the players?

If so, I would guess that you never refereed a game in any official capacity?

Of course they do!  It's the most crucial element in the game and its whereabouts is where 90% of infringements take place.

Why do suppose that off the ball incidents are fairly commonplace - because the referee is following the ball and doesn't see them as last night showed when Kane was manhandled to the ground twice by the same defender.

My point is that VAR should have notified the ref, after all isn't the point of VAR?

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Of course they do!  It's the most crucial element in the game and its whereabouts is where 90% of infringements take place.

Why do suppose that off the ball incidents are fairly commonplace - because the referee is following the ball and doesn't see them as last night showed when Kane was manhandled to the ground twice by the same defender.

My point is that VAR should have notified the ref, after all isn't the point of VAR?

How do you know they didn't?

The ref doesn't have to look after they get notified.

So your comment is just speculation, I won't believe either way untill it gets put on the OS though.

13 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

How do you know they didn't?

The ref doesn't have to look after they get notified.

They might have notified the ref but I seriously doubt it. In fact I'm not even sure if they're allowed to. 

If not then that's another 'issue' with VAR that needs ironing out.

31 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You're saying that refs follow the flight of the ball as that's where 90% of infringements take place?   In the air 30 feet up?

Off the ball incidents take place away from the action, eg not where the ball and player are.  That's why it's called off the ball.  Not because the ref's watching the ball sail through the air, he does't watch the ball through its flight, he judges where the ball will land and looks for the action there.  To say that refs follow the flight of the ball is ridiculous!  

You do post some confused garbage don't you.

I don't think you've ever refereed, or even played much.

I'm not sure if you are mostly confused or just trying to wind people up.  Although I am moving increasingly towards the latter.

So, for that reason....I'm out!

1 minute ago, 42nite said:

You're saying that refs follow the flight of the ball as that's where 90% of infringements take place?   In the air 30 feet up?

Off the ball incidents take place away from the action, eg not where the ball and player are.  That's why it's called off the ball.  Not because the ref's watching the ball sail through the air, he does't watch the ball through its flight, he judges where the ball will land and looks for the action there.  To say that refs follow the flight of the ball is ridiculous!  

I'm not sure if you are mostly confused or just trying to wind people up.  Although I am moving increasingly towards the latter.

Unfortunately you just don't understand my point and have excused that by saying that I post confused garbage.........sad reflection on your ability to grasp even the most basic of points..................:facepalm:

16 minutes ago, 42nite said:

That's funny, I think the opposite.

He used to try and wind people up but is now just a confused old man.

1 hour ago, wood_red said:

Just been said on BBC that VAR looked at both incidents and didn't think they were pens!!

May as well just get rid of it.

The Japan penalty is the ninth given in this WC -  more than at any previous world cup.

Makes it even more astounding that the two "challenges" against Kane were not deemed worthy of penalty by either the VAR panel or the referee.

Also have to say the ref made a shocker decision to give Columbia free kick from which they equalized. He was conned by Falcao.

15 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Would be good for them to explain why they weren't penalties. As we should really be taking advantage of being able to rugby tackle players to the ground. 

Bet your bottom dollar that if any of our defenders did anything close to what was perpetrated against Kane the ref would not miss it and if he did you can absoultely guarantee that VAR would draw his attention to it.

I'm not suggesting we test that theory mind you!

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

Bet your bottom dollar that if any of our defenders did anything close to what was perpetrated against Kane the ref would not miss it and if he did you can absoultely guarantee that VAR would draw his attention to it.

I'm not suggesting we test that theory mind you!

We already tried it, in comparison, Walkers challenge was just a bit of obstruction.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Unfortunately you just don't understand my point and have excused that by saying that I post confused garbage.........sad reflection on your ability to grasp even the most basic of points..................:facepalm:

D..........Must try harder.

Archived