IGNORED

Air Iceland - Mags

Selred

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Based on the fact he just scored a bicycle kick to win Iceland the World Cup I guess...

That would be great! 

Shame he hasn’t quite mastered just clearing his lines under pressure yet..! 

I really don't understand the Mags boo boys (and girls - especially that Michelle Owen on Robins on the wire who bashes him at any opportunity)

We played our best football with him at LB. Only young and learning at this level, defenders peak at 26-28. This guy will achieve far more than bcfc in the next 10 years imho...

3 minutes ago, devoncider said:

No, more the fact he's a very competent footballer who will excel elsewhere.

The only evidence we’ve seen is that he’s not very competent and doesn’t learn from the mistakes he’s made. 

Nothing against him, but he’s not good enough for us, sadly. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

The only evidence we’ve seen is that he’s not very competent and doesn’t learn from the mistakes he’s made. 

Nothing against him, but he’s not good enough for us, sadly. 

Game of opinions...

But I'm right :P

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

That would be great! 

Shame he hasn’t quite mastered just clearing his lines under pressure yet..! 

We should play him upfront based on that video. And based on his brilliant cross yesterday that led to Iceland’s goal...

Just now, devoncider said:

Game of opinions...

But I'm right :P

You are right. 

It is a game of opinions..! 

I’d love Mags to be a success but not as much as I’d love to not see him make the same costly error over and over again anymore. 

33 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You are right. 

It is a game of opinions..! 

I’d love Mags to be a success but not as much as I’d love to not see him make the same costly error over and over again anymore. 

Unless we draw CSKA in the Europa League, obvs. 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Is that based on the goals that he costs us, or the fact that he’s a nice bloke on Twitter..?

typical so called fan who judges a talent of player on a mistake. steven gerrard must be an awful player due to the chelsea slip. tierry henry must be sh*te due to the 1-2 pass side ways penalty with pires..list goes on.

guy set up several goals saved us goes and brought a stunning leg peg and out of this world throw in. 

grow up.  watch the full 90minutes of a game and assea amount of games and minutes a player gets. Hes going to CSK moscow for christ sake! clearly shows his talent. on a side note he was very good verus argentina yesterday defending against LIONEL MESSI!

3 minutes ago, brizzlecityfc said:

typical so called fan who judges a talent of player on a mistake. steven gerrard must be an awful player due to the chelsea slip. tierry henry must be sh*te due to the 1-2 pass side ways penalty with pires..list goes on.

guy set up several goals saved us goes and brought a stunning leg peg and out of this world throw in. 

grow up.  watch the full 90minutes of a game and assea amount of games and minutes a player gets. Hes going to CSK moscow for christ sake! clearly shows his talent. on a side note he was very good verus argentina yesterday defending against LIONEL MESSI!

Thank you, saves me writing out a similar reply. Yes, let’s watch his career take off and think once again what could have been. 

47 minutes ago, Super said:

Or if he didnt make so many mistakes.

He never filled me with confidence. I was always worried that he make another error as he did against Villa and Man City. His passing could be unreliable as well by playing team mates into trouble.

Great long throw tho.......

1 hour ago, devoncider said:

I really don't understand the Mags boo boys (and girls - especially that Michelle Owen on Robins on the wire who bashes him at any opportunity)

We played our best football with him at LB. Only young and learning at this level, defenders peak at 26-28. This guy will achieve far more than bcfc in the next 10 years imho...

She really doesn’t have the first idea about most of our players, she spends half her time saying what they are saying/ doing on social media..

I actually thought he was one of Iceland’s poorer players yesterday, but won’t argue with your more general point.

Just now, GrahamC said:

She really doesn’t have the first idea about most of our players, she spends half her time saying what they are saying/ doing on social media..

I actually thought he was one of Iceland’s poorer players yesterday, but won’t argue with your more general point.

Agreed on both counts - was fairly average yesterday I thought

59 minutes ago, devoncider said:

.....defenders peak at 26-28.....

That’s a bit of a generalisation....Rio Ferdinand was the world’s most expensive defender when he joined Leeds when he was 22 and he played in the champions league semi final in his first season there...he was also winning full international caps when he was 19 years old....some players develop quicker than others but it’s just wrong to claim all defenders peak between the ages of 26 and 28....yes, yes, Ferdinand went on to have a great career at Man United as he got older, but if he hadn’t then he would have peaked at the age of 22....how many players reach a pinnacle in their early careers and then fall away? Lots....not all defenders flourish between the ages you quoted....

12 minutes ago, brizzlecityfc said:

In the interest of balance (as I can see both sides to this) if Gerrard and Henry had made those ‘mistakes’ several times without learning from them, you’d probably think there was an inherent problem....

Also not sure what a ‘leg peg’ is and you exaggerate his throw ins.....plenty of players can chuck a ball quite far, it ain’t ‘out of this world’....he hasn’t even got the longest throw in the Iceland team.

Having said all that, Mags is undoubtedly a top geezer with a superb attitude and it will be a shame to see him go, but I’m not suddenly pretending we’ve lost a world beater.....

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s a bit of a generalisation....Rio Ferdinand was the world’s most expensive defender when he joined Leeds when he was 22 and he played in the champions league semi final in his first season there...he was also winning full international caps when he was 19 years old....some players develop quicker than others but it’s just wrong to claim all defenders peak between the ages of 26 and 28....yes, yes, Ferdinand went on to have a great career at Man United as he got older, but if he hadn’t then he would have peaked at the age of 22....how many players reach a pinnacle in their early careers and then fall away? Lots....not all defenders flourish between the ages you quoted....

Correct it is a generalization, but it's also a good rule of thumb to follow.

Therefore, it would be an exception, not the norm, for Mags to be at his peak currently.

Ceteris paribus - Mags will get better over the next few years

2 minutes ago, devoncider said:

Correct it is a generalization, but it's also a good rule of thumb to follow.

Therefore, it would be an exception, not the norm, for Mags to be at his peak currently.

Ceteris paribus - Mags will get better over the next few years

I’m not sure the majority of defenders peak between 26 and 28 as you say - I don’t think anyone who peaks outside that age range is ‘an exception’ - eg both Brazil centre backs tonight are 34 years old - they wouldn’t get into the most successful international team in the world at a World Cup tournament if they were between 6 to 8 years past their peak.....

I like Mags I really do and I will be sorry to see him go but he wouldn’t get in my best back four and with the likes of Kelly and Vyner coming through if we have received a decent offer from a Champions League side for him  isn’t everyone a winner?

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

I like Mags I really do and I will be sorry to see him go but he wouldn’t get in my best back four and with the likes of Kelly and Vyner coming through if we have received a decent offer from a Champions League side for him  isn’t everyone a winner?

Yep everyone is a winner in this deal.

Archived