IGNORED

Air Iceland - Mags

Selred

1 minute ago, Cowshed said:

Which is not an error leading to a goal.

Professional football data services - stats bomb/squawka record Magnússon errors (costly) leading to goals as being two. You with debate stretch that to three errors. It is hardly damning evidence that he does not learn from costly mistakes, or he is making the same costly error over and over again. 

Your fact, and that is what you were stridently posting as such does not bear much scrutiny.

Jesus.... his errors V Cardiff & Man City we’re almost identical. 

His error V Preston was different, but incredibly amateurish. 

There are 3, hard & fast fact. 

Everyone knows and accepts he makes costly mistakes, too often for my liking, it’s whether you believe the rest of his game merits priority over his undoubted lapses.

Personally, I don’t think he’s good enough - if you disagree, that’s fine. But you surely acknowledge that he’s gifted opposing teams too many goal scoring opportunities..?!

Anyway, it’s not even relevant, as it seems his transfer is all but signed. Whether that’s good or bad will depend on his replacement and whether they are better or worse. If we want to be challenging anywhere near the top 6, then I’d suggest that they need to be better..!

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Are they really bigger than Real Madrid though... seriously..?!

Forget away followings, owners bank balance and the global appeal of their brand, do other aspects really make them number one..?

They have such a recognisable identity, if you were out somewhere and saw a camp pirate what would you think of (after Pirates of the Caribbean)?

When you're in town and see a homeless person, think which club, out the kindness of its benevolent owners heart, employs one!

And then the kit. The blue and white almost quarters is unique to them and a few other teams. Off the top of my head I can only think of that Spanish non-league side they played a couple of seasons ago and a 1880s Sheffield Wednesday side.

Finally, don't forget how the club and its horse-punching, racially abusive fans are adored by every single other club worldwide.

36 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Jesus.... his errors V Cardiff & Man City we’re almost identical. 

His error V Preston was different, but incredibly amateurish. 

There are 3, hard & fast fact. 

Everyone knows and accepts he makes costly mistakes, too often for my liking, it’s whether you believe the rest of his game merits priority over his undoubted lapses.

Personally, I don’t think he’s good enough - if you disagree, that’s fine. But you surely acknowledge that he’s gifted opposing teams too many goal scoring opportunities..?!

Anyway, it’s not even relevant, as it seems his transfer is all but signed. Whether that’s good or bad will depend on his replacement and whether they are better or worse. If we want to be challenging anywhere near the top 6, then I’d suggest that they need to be better..!

Prefer the use of Lordy to Jesus to express exasperation.

Lordy I simply asked you to highlight your assertions. You proceeded not too. The player made a similar error twice which lead to a goal. There was room for improvement. There were players at teams who were promoted who made similar numbers of errors leading to goals. Magnússon performance last season was not dreadful or your not very competent.

He is not making constant error leading to goals at all, it is marginal which is why I curiously asked the initial question instead of clicking rubbish, snake …  Much of what is posted here is hyperbole. Fans make sweeping judgements. These judgements are often based on little more than our clouded footballing bias. You have decided that this player attending a World Cup is not good enough for BCFC because of 2/3 errors … 1/2 less than Aden Flint. 

1/2 mistakes outweigh all his other attributes? All future players should be judged by 1/2 errors to be better? All players make error. If you want error less you can end up with a team that has difficulty attempting/can't play the football you want. 

26 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Prefer the use of Lordy to Jesus to express exasperation.

Lordy I simply asked you to highlight your assertions. You proceeded not too. The player made a similar error twice which lead to a goal. There was room for improvement. There were players at teams who were promoted who made similar numbers of errors leading to goals. Magnússon performance last season was not dreadful or your not very competent.

He is not making constant error leading to goals at all, it is marginal which is why I curiously asked the initial question instead of clicking rubbish, snake …  Much of what is posted here is hyperbole. Fans make sweeping judgements. These judgements are often based on little more than our clouded footballing bias. You have decided that this player attending a World Cup is not good enough for BCFC because of 2/3 errors … 1/2 less than Aden Flint. 

1/2 mistakes outweigh all his other attributes? All future players should be judged by 1/2 errors to be better? All players make error. If you want error less you can end up with a team that has difficulty attempting/can't play the football you want. 

From your comments, I can see why you are supportive of him. That’s fair enough. 

I don’t think he’s good enough, so I’m not too bothered about him going. Subject to an improved replacement. 

I’m hoping he has a good World Cup, because he is representing Bristol City, for now. 

The penalty Vs Argentina was very harsh, so you won’t hear any cries of “typical” or “it had to be Mags” from me. 

Shame it hasn’t worked out for longer with him, because he’s a great character, I wish him well and will keep an eye on his career, but I just haven’t rated him particularly during his time with us.  

Archived