IGNORED

Tournament yellow cards

22A

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep that’s the whole problem....what is ‘deliberate’ or ‘intentional’? Very difficult to interpret unlike a few examples in the ‘70s when a defender would dive full length to tip the ball round the post on some occasions!

One hilarious, yet ‘UNintentional’ example I was close to was when I was once playing on a Sunday morning up near the airport. In the first minute our right back jumped up and caught a cross into our box and then exclaimed in horror: “Oh sh*t, sorry lads, I was playing in goal yesterday and I forgot!” They scored the resulting penalty....

I had one when playing on the Downs when the whistle went on the pitch next to us and our full back thought it was in our game and picked the ball up when stood in our penalty area:facepalm:

On this subject though have you noticed a lot of players are now challenging players in the box with their hands behind their backs?

1 hour ago, Big C said:

On this subject though have you noticed a lot of players are now challenging players in the box with their hands behind their backs?

Yep, first noticed David Luiz doing it when he was at Chelsea first time around...looked a bit poncey, as if to say, hey ref, you can’t do me for handball cos my arms are nowhere to be seen....dunno why but it annoyed me as much as players putting their hands over their mouths when talking to each other on the pitch or bench, like we desperately would have wanted to know all about those devastatingly intelligent interchanges that we missed out on!

On 22/06/2018 at 08:17, Bar BS3 said:

I disagree. Just because someone doesn’t deliberately move their hand to touch the ball, it should still be a penalty if their arms/hands are spread in an unnatural position, giving them extra blocking ability. 

Of course a penalty should be award if an arm is struck a yard away from a players body because they are spreading their coverage, even though there wasn’t a specific action to handle that specific ball. 

Imo, any hand ball outside the line of the body’s standing position is/should be a penalty. Otherwise the player gains an unfair advantage. 

In both city's matches against Villa John Terry spread his arms out at a free kick and got away with it and that included one where he was stood in the penalty area! He prevented the ball from going between him and the next player but because his arms were already stretched out the referee didn't think that he had interfered with play!

Archived