IGNORED

Thoughts with Scott Murray

BobBobSuperBob

Just slipped in as I noticed this awful post by Scotty and thought it important enough as I hadn’t seen it mentioned or picked up anywhere

Poor Scott , and how simply awful

As we all know a lovelier friendlier funnier guy who epitomises Bristol City 

I know lots speak to Scott and might want to be aware

Lost My Dad this time last year so massive thoughts with you , and condolences to you Scotty

581E210D-1EFC-4A48-9B89-D467F2D9589C.png

Odd how it all affects people. I went through my Dads death, funeral, wake etc (November 2016)without much emotion at all. I sat at his Grave for half an hour yesterday with a tear in my eye (for the first time). Got a lump in my throat as I write this...mind you I've always been a bit slow on the Emotional Intelligence front

sadly its something most of us will have to deals with. i lost my dad 30+ years ago and would give anything for just 5 more mins with him to tell him what he meant to me.

love the ones close to you scotty and keep them close. things will never be the same just different somehow.

thanks bob for bringing this to the forum.

27 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Odd how it all affects people. I went through my Dads death, funeral, wake etc (November 2016)without much emotion at all. I sat at his Grave for half an hour yesterday with a tear in my eye (for the first time). Got a lump in my throat as I write this...mind you I've always been a bit slow on the Emotional Intelligence front

Done the same, 27 years ago, for my Dad. I was only 18, played the hard man for Mum and my older brother who took it way worse than me

Mention him now I'm a mess. Had a son in January, his middle name is my Dad's name - every time I see those names I written down I well up. It's things like tonight when I sit down with Alfie and watch his first WC game that I'll think of Dad and wish he could be watching it with his Grandson. No doubt well up then as well. It never goes away

Saw what Scotty had posted this morning, gutted for him and to happen on Fathers Day, a double whammy. If you see this Scotty, one thing I can assure you of is you certainly done your Dad proud. I hope that your Dad got to spend some time in Bristol and find out how much we have taken you to our hearts. Who could fail to be proud when they see something like that?

26 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

My father died towards the end of ‘97. As the eldest it fell to me to be strong and handle all the arrangements. But I broke my heart privately about a fortnight later. My thoughts and prayers are with Scotty at this time. 

Same for me. Old man went in 2013. My mum and brother went to pieces so as the older kid, I went into autopilot and sorted it. 

It's such an emotionally charged time and with all the bureaucracy that comes with this situation, it's a wonder I found time to grieve. I ended up breaking down, whilst sat in the car, in a supermarket car park when the Wurzels of all things came on the radio.

Still miss the old git. Wish he could have seen the grandkids at AG. Sure he'll be cussing LJ right now inall. Lolz.

We've all been in the same boat Scotty. If you need us, just shout. 

Love and hugs x

Dreadful news for one of our own....I lost my Dad on Christmas Day 9 years ago....that day still just passes me by as nothing to celebrate really, but I make an effort for others. Still really grateful that he took down The Gate for my first game as a very young lad - even though he was a dyed in the wool Rovers fan...

Really feel for Scotty at this time....

Archived