IGNORED

Tunisia v England Match Thread (Merged)

reddogkev

Nearly but not quite performance.

Brought all the problems on themselves and missed chance after chance. Sterling anonymous and nothing like the player he is for Man City - apart from not being to put away easy chances. 

If Tunisia's was a penalty then how the hell was the full nelson on Kane not?

Going forward this is better than I expected from England. It helps in my view that Henderson has room without the dire Dier. However, we are paying the price for our profligacy in front if goal. At the back we are not great. If we don’t improve our passing across the back we will be picked off by the better sides. 

At least we are going for it, could realistically be 4 or 5-0. 

Lingards finishing has been poor, Maguire has looked very dodgy and Walker was stupid to concede the penalty...

Stillmconfident we can win this, take our chances and we’ll demolish them, trippier looks excellent as does Kane and alli, best opening World Cup half ive seen no doubting it

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Going forward this is better than I expected from England. It helps in my view that Henderson has room without the dire Dier. However, we are paying the price for our profligacy in front if goal. At the back we are not great. If we don’t improve our passing across the back we will be picked off by the better sides. 

Henderson has the same tendency as Pack, in that he plays a couple of passes back to the guys behind him, then it suddenly becomes a habit and he stops playing forward.

Just now, WolfOfWestStreet said:

No ST discount in fan village despite people saying you could

They were honouring them in the Pizza bar on Friday.

5 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

What is VAR for if it can't pick that up?

Wonder whether some refs will be loath to give a pen on VAR review, when they didn't spot it in real time - might make them look poor!

P.S. Just watching the replay on the BBC half time coverage and have to say it is verging on scandelous that Kane's pen was not given. OK I can understand that ref could have missed it in real time if he was following the ball, but how ever can he not give it with VAR from every angle? :grr:

Hope we don't go into our shells now. Tunisia have done absolutely nothing and look vulnerable at every set piece and every time we go forward with purpose. Hope Gareth puts Rashford on - I think they'll be terrified of him.

Could, should be 3-0 at least.

Really need to win this considering the blatant gulf in class. 

4 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Wonder whether some refs will be loath to give a pen on VAR review, when they didn't spot it in real time - might make them look poor!

I feel like thats the case with every VAR decision.

Ref hears in his ear "something you should look at here"

If he then awards something its an admission of being wrong.

Every time the ref doesnt award something and is then told to look at VAR he's actually being told "you were wrong"

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

I feel like thats the case with every VAR decision.

Ref hears in his ear "something you should look at here"

If he then awards something its an admission of being wrong.

But as I've just posted, in this case it is understandable that he might have missed in real time if he was following the ball or looking at another potential incident in the box.

It's the contrast with the ridiculously soft penalty he awarded to Tunisia that makes it all the more galling and annoying!

Archived