IGNORED

St Discount

WolfOfWestStreet

Sorry to be a bore about this but I was assured ST discount applied to vendors at the World Cup Village @ Ashton Gate.

This was not the case. 4.50 a pint outside, don't know about the sports bar as was not allowed in as apparently "too full".

Can someone for the club tell me what to expect for real. If drinks are that expensive I'll watch games elsewhere.

15 minutes ago, Scrumpy Dziek said:

The same decency as charging £4.50 for a pint?

25 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Ah yeah, fans showing some kind of loyalty to BS

It’s nothing to do with loyalty. 

Its business providing facilities. Of course you can’t & shouldn’t take your own drinks!!

Of course, if the OP has been told that season ticket discount was applicable, then of course it should be. 

26 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Who's the geezer people tag about this sort of stuff  ... would be nice to know 

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

Many people take their own drinks to organised events, and many events actually allow you to. I just wanted to know if people were being discouraged from doing so last night.....especially outside.

I don't drink, so it wouldn't affect me either way.

39 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

About normal these days. Anywhere in centeral Bristol you’re looking at ~£5

It was 4 quid last season for fosters and thatcher's in that case it was a bit steep, hope that's not the price pre discount next season or like the person asking the question will also be taking my custom elsewhere, just because that's the price in Bristol at clubs or in Clifton doesn't make it right.

8 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Sorry to be a bore about this but I was assured ST discount applied to vendors at the World Cup Village @ Ashton Gate.

This was not the case. 4.50 a pint outside, don't know about the sports bar as was not allowed in as apparently "too full".

Can someone for the club tell me what to expect for real. If drinks are that expensive I'll watch games elsewhere.

@Mkelly has previously confirmed that discount applies all year and not just during the football season.

8 hours ago, Scrumpy Dziek said:

The same decency as charging £4.50 for a pint?

About average for the bars around the marina in Portishead..... I went to Blenheim Palace to see Elvis Costello on Saturday, they were charging £5.50 for a 330ml bottle of Heineken or *shiver* Bulmers. 

18 minutes ago, Undy English said:

Went last night. ST discount applied in the Sports Bar but not to outside vendors. Very disappointing as the indoor bar was full and not allowing access.

Heineken was £4.70 a pint, only £4 with discount, so quite considerable.

Did they resolve the issue of access to toilets?

Sure someone posted the other say there were no facilities outside and with the bar full there was a problem.

• Admin
11 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I thought in the past for these events they opened up the concourse areas as an overflow?

There would be HSE issues (STILL) about people not having access to toilets ?

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sure someone posted the other say there were no facilities outside and with the bar full there was a problem.

Luckily I managed to get inside for my 2nd pint and visited the toilet whilst in there, but Lord knows about others who needed to go. They really need portaloos by the village, especially for Sunday when it will be heaving. 

I did see a lot of people walking by the back of the South Stand, so assuming they opened it up for people to use the bathrooms there?

24 minutes ago, phantom said:

I thought in the past for these events they opened up the concourse areas as an overflow?

There would be HSE issues (STILL) about people not having access to toilets ?

Such a shame because it's really good of the club to open up the stadium and outdoor area for big tournament events. They've done the World Cup village really well down there and everyone was having a great time. But they do need to sort the basics out such as toilets, entry to Sports Bar, overflow etc.

For me it makes more sense to have all the bars and food stalls separate to the grass area where people watch the game.

56 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Yeah, concourse under the South Stand open for toilets 

Archived