IGNORED

FAO Maggie Lansdown

JasonM88

42 minutes ago, hodge said:

So generalising a bit but people complain our board are faceless suits who do nothing but money making etc, Jon Lansdown is then light hearted and has a joke on his personal twitter account and people complain he's a disgrace. 

Yep. I had no strong opinions on Jon Lansdown, but if it's true he's taking the piss out of the strangely obsessed and awkwardly childlike twitter mob, then I think I'm starting to quite like the bloke.

That said, he will presumably assume control of the purse strings one day in the (hopefully) distant future, and may want to think about growing up by then.

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Maybe JasonM88 is the second coming of Jesus.

He did just make a mountain out of a molehill.

Seems quite miracle like to me.

There’s a line between banter and a professional, yet fun, representation of our club. I feel he’s crossed that line on so many occasions. 

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It makes I laugh! There are loads of complaints on here that ‘the club’ and those in high positions don’t communicate enough with the fans - then when JL does interact with a humorous angle he gets criticised - it’s cringeworthy - he is open and he talks to fans online - it’s harmless...

Humorous or condescending?

17 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

There’s a line between banter and a professional, yet fun, representation of our club. I feel he’s crossed that line on so many occasions. 

It’s his personal twitter account he’s entitled to post anything he likes on it

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

It’s his personal twitter account he’s entitled to post anything he likes on it

He is, but he also needs to understand that in a position of public interest, he is seen to be a representative of our club. 

7 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

He is, but he also needs to understand that in a position of public interest, he is seen to be a representative of our club. 

It isn’t really public intrest though is it, it’s not as if fans of hull city give a **** what he says 

people outside of our fan base doesn’t even know who he is

the real issue here is you’ve taken offence to someone having a laugh on Twitter simpley because you don’t like him

it say far more about you and you lack of a sense of humour then it does about Jon lansdown 

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It isn’t really public intrest though is it, it’s not as if fans of hull city give a **** what he says 

people outside of our fan base doesn’t even know who he is

the real issue here is you’ve taken offence to someone having a laugh on Twitter simpley because you don’t like him

it say far more about you and you lack of a sense of humour then it does about Jon lansdown 

I’d say I have quite a good sense of humour, always good for a cheap laugh. 

1 hour ago, Newquay-Red said:

Guys, this is a complete storm in a teacup. Go for a walk outside or watch the WC. He's just gently ribbing fans and we all love it when Scotty does it. I see much worse discourse on this forum; ironically often between those crying over JL's tweets

Although Scott actually made a name for himself here.

Agree with you though.

I do find it an odd way for someone in his situation to be acting

If it wasn't his Dad who signed the cheques I suspect that something would've been said to that employee by now. I do enjoy his interacting with the fan base, but this is getting a little boring now

As for Thursday being kit release day, has that been confirmed? I think that Tomarse (maybe) suggested as it's fixture release day, but has anyone confirmed it? Not that I'll be buying a shirt, but you can put me down for one of those Robin badge tracky tops that Watkins was wearing on Friday (insert hearts for eyes emoji here)

1 hour ago, JasonM88 said:

Common Knowledge according to whom. In case you weren’t aware common knowledge means that most people are aware. In this case very few people are aware, as has been evident from this summer commotion. 

I certainly would not call myself ITK literally live hundreds of miles away from Bristol yet still knew the kit launch was not until Thursday. Perhaps it was just you and Connor McGregor that did not know? 

35 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Na, I genuinely don’t like the bloke. Feel his attitude towards the position he hold is all wrong. 

Let's be honest this is what this thread is REALLY about! 

8 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I certainly would not call myself ITK literally live hundreds of miles away from Bristol yet still knew the kit launch was not until Thursday. Perhaps it was just you and Connor McGregor that did not know? 

Let's be honest this is what this thread is REALLY about! 

How did you get hold of this information regarding Thursday? Definitely wasn’t ‘common knowledge’.

Archived