IGNORED

FAO Maggie Lansdown

JasonM88

6 hours ago, RumRed said:

Yet again the question is are we aiming for something or are we a very expensive plaything?

Not bothered by it, but find the whole thing a tad tinpot.

Why is it tinpot, it isn’t the club tweeting it’s Jon off his personal twitter account replying to the absolute shit he gets on there

36 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Why is it tinpot, it isn’t the club tweeting it’s Jon off his personal twitter account replying to the absolute shit he gets on there

It’s obviously very different to a ‘personal’ twitter account. It’s no different to one of the players or Lee Johnson. If their tweets are public, they aren’t a purely ‘personal’ account and their content will always be viewed in the context of their jobs. 

A ‘personal’ account would be a locked one given his role. I don’t really care what he’s said this time, but I don’t think he gauges the mood very well. People clearly find it a bit tiresome and he should probably act with more decorum online.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s obviously very different to a ‘personal’ twitter account. It’s no different to one of the players or Lee Johnson. If their tweets are public, they aren’t a purely ‘personal’ account and their content will always be viewed in the context of their jobs. 

A ‘personal’ account would be a locked one given his role. I don’t really care what he’s said this time, but I don’t think he gauges the mood very well. People clearly find it a bit tiresome and he should probably act with more decorum online.

but it is his personal account, he's not tweeting for the club he's tweeting for himself, Just because he's on the board at the club doesn't mean he can't have his own social media presence,

and frankly those getting offended by it need to just grow up and stop being such snowflakes  

42 minutes ago, hodge said:

If people find it tiresome they don't have to follow him, unfollow him rather than seemingly get offended by everything he posts

Unfortunately, with the way twitter works if enough people you follow 'like' or comment then twitter will make you aware of it even if you don't follow JL. Guess you can turn it off, but can be handy sometimes

13 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

but it is his personal account, he's not tweeting for the club he's tweeting for himself, Just because he's on the board at the club doesn't mean he can't have his own social media presence,

and frankly those getting offended by it need to just grow up and stop being such snowflakes  

It doesn't matter Monkeh and you know that really. Whether he likes it or not, given that his account is public, his role and that he tweets about the club - he represents the club online. It comes with the territory of his role, if he wants to tweet his own personal things - the only way he can do that in his current role is be opening a new private account.

I don't think anyone is 'offended' by it as such, just surprised that someone in his position is tweeting as he does. I can see why some will question it.

19 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

Please sort your son out. Xx

16 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I would like to see him apologise to Mrs Lansdown. Pathetic and insulting opening post.

Indeed. It should have read, Please sort out your son.

Another damming confirmation of how bad OTIB's grammar is. No wonder Maggie moved away from the areal.

42 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It doesn't matter Monkeh and you know that really. Whether he likes it or not, given that his account is public, his role and that he tweets about the club - he represents the club online. It comes with the territory of his role, if he wants to tweet his own personal things - the only way he can do that in his current role is be opening a new private account.

I don't think anyone is 'offended' by it as such, just surprised that someone in his position is tweeting as he does. I can see why some will question it.

it does matter, he's a young lad, should he not be aloud on social media because of his job?, should he just be faceless like Keith Dawe?,

Where the law that states because he's a director he shouldn't have his own social media accounts that is separate from the club?

This thread is simply because some people don'#t like the lad, his tweets aren't great but in a world of free speech he's free to post them,

What is really pathetic is people getting so upset about them 

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

it does matter, he's a young lad, should he not be aloud on social media because of his job?, should he just be faceless like Keith Dawe?,

Where the law that states because he's a director he shouldn't have his own social media accounts that is separate from the club?

This thread is simply because some people don'#t like the lad, his tweets aren't great but in a world of free speech he's free to post them,

I read that as dictator and got really confused.

56 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Didn't say he 'shouldn't be allowed'. You're using a straw man argument as usual.

Of course he should be allowed on Twitter, the problem is that whilst he has a public profile and given his role, people will inevitably read into everything he tweets. It comes with the territory of being in the public eye. That applies to Lee Johnson, Holden, the players, Murray and everyone else associated with the club on social media.

I don't really care what he tweets, but I can see exactly why people might think they're slightly inappropriate or in bad taste, in fact you actually agree with me it seems (bolded).

You also seem determined to believe that people are 'upset' about it - I don't think anyone is 'upset', just querying whether someone in his position should tweet as he does.

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

What is this nonsense thread all about?  I've skimmed some of it and I have no friggin idea? 

Are you on some type of strange wind up?

Not a wind up. Tried to get my point across in a more humorous way than just moaning. 

Strange how double standards thrive on OTIB. Some feel it's their right to rip the p**s  out of Lee Johnson or slag off Jon Lansdown. But when Jon Lansdown tweets something he thinks is funny then he is childish or out of order. If all posts on here were whiter than white then maybe there would be cause to criticise.

I don't know if any of the Lansdown family read this forum but if they do how do you think they feel reading vitriol aimed at Steve or Jon. Yes some of it is justified, but if you can give it you should be able to take it otherwise you seem like the childish ones.

My take for what’s its worth. Nobody is a winner. If you get angry about it, that’s pathetic. If you find this hilarious, that’s pathetic, how the club have handled it, again pathetic. The clubs social media, specifically twitter, has been shambolic since Adam Baker has left. It honestly looks as though a 12 year old fan is running it. From it’s awful overuse of emojis, to random tweets and pointless retweets. It seems to lack professionalism now. I’m not sure who is running it or if it’s now a team of people from Bristol Sport but please stop. Please. It’s an awful position to be in as a fan, can’t exactly block the club because that’s where official news is broken first, so I beg, stop trying to be relevant and gain viral recognition all the time, it really accomplishes nothing in the end, be a football club... 

• Admin
38 minutes ago, Negan said:

My take for what’s its worth. Nobody is a winner. If you get angry about it, that’s pathetic. If you find this hilarious, that’s pathetic, how the club have handled it, again pathetic. The clubs social media, specifically twitter, has been shambolic since Adam Baker has left. It honestly looks as though a 12 year old fan is running it. From it’s awful overuse of emojis, to random tweets and pointless retweets. It seems to lack professionalism now. I’m not sure who is running it or if it’s now a team of people from Bristol Sport but please stop. Please. It’s an awful position to be in as a fan, can’t exactly block the club because that’s where official news is broken first, so I beg, stop trying to be relevant and gain viral recognition all the time, it really accomplishes nothing in the end, be a football club... 

Just look at how the official site is getting worse too - the number of mistake on there is poor

Archived