IGNORED

Reward scheme 2018/19 announced

phantom

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It just reaffirms my view that the club don't value or want my additional spend. Happy to use a pub rather than the concourse and happy to dine elsewhere.

Dare say others won't care, but I can vote with my wallet.

Yep, there’s always alternative choices, I’ll be going to local pubs next season too...to just limit the ‘rewards’ to buying merchandise is very short sighted....if you fork out a lot of dosh way in advance for a season ticket your commitment and financial support should be recognised and indeed ‘rewarded’ in ways other than just reducing the discount on a pint for people like me.

This is the first time for a few years when we actually knew deep down which division we’d actually be in the next season when stumping up the cash for another season ticket....they dangled the carrot of a reward scheme, but wouldn’t give details until we gave them our cash....and the result for me is a reduced discount on beer from 15% to 10%, that’s all. I don’t buy merchandise anymore....

1 hour ago, Laner said:

Except I didn't have to pay £500 for a Boots card!

So you bought a season ticket purely for the discounts then?

Or did the attraction of watching your beloved team play championship football come into the equation?

If more the latter then any rewards are surely a bonus even if admittedly there is a bit of a sour taste due to discounts on concessions being less.

41 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think it’s a reasonable question.....why shouldn’t away fans get ‘rewards’ ? Why do they only apply to tickets for home games? 

Probably comes down to the fact that away fans don’t contribute into Bristol City. 

5 minutes ago, Selred said:

Probably comes down to the fact that away fans don’t contribute into Bristol City. 

I think our away fans contribute absolutely loads to Bristol City.....I know you mean financially, but how do you think we’d get on without the 1,244 hardy souls who follow us everywhere?

10 minutes ago, Neo said:

Or did the attraction of watching your beloved team play championship football come into the equation?

If more the latter then any rewards are surely a bonus even if admittedly there is a bit of a sour taste due to discounts on concessions being less.

I think it's more a case of paying more and getting less that irks.

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think our away fans contribute absolutely loads to Bristol City.....I know you mean financially, but how do you think we’d get on without the 1,244 hardy souls who follow us everywhere?

Oh I agree totally but money talks hey!

24 minutes ago, Neo said:

No I think you’re missing the point a bit here.....when the club announce there’s a new reward scheme but won’t tell us what it is until we’ve stumped up the dosh way in advance of the next season, it leaves a bit of a bad taste when it turns out that it’s actually less beneficial to loyal fans than it was for the previous season. If there were no reward schemes or discounts at all over the last few seasons I think most would have renewed/bought season tickets anyway....but to dangle carrots of discounts and rewards to only find out they are worse than the previous season is a bit of a kick in the teeth....

"The following discounts still apply for the 2018/19 season."

The use of "STILL" implies that perhaps in 19/20 they won't. City of course could have reinforced the message that buying a season ticket might provide decent savings if you switch your allegiance to in ground drinking/eating as that's their business model and it's here for the long term. I wonder why they chose not to?

18 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I think it's more a case of paying more and getting less that irks.

Also seems a bit unfair that everyone gets a flat rate £10 when the prices of season tickets varies greatly around the ground. 

So yes it definitely a case of pay more (much more for some people) and get less as far as I see it. 

“This is a significant step for our sporting group to enable supporters to get rewarded for their loyalty."

Maybe its just me but I'm not sure how this rewards loyalty? It rewards spending that's for sure but not loyalty.

Regardless of how long you've been a member or ST holder the reward is just the same isn't it?

I was under the impression when this was first raised earlier in the year that the longer someone had held a season ticket the more they would get.

It's not something that really applies to me as its been a good while since I held an ST and have only recently returned to holding a membership but if I was a long term season ticket holder I'd want a little more for my loyalty.

1 minute ago, Laner said:

Also seems a bit unfair that everyone gets a flat rate £10 when the prices of season tickets varies greatly around the ground. 

So yes it definitely a case of pay more (much more for some people) and get less as far as I see it. 

Don't worry, the charter on the website says they discuss this sort of thing with the FAN group.... oh wait, hang on a minute....

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think it’s a reasonable question.....why shouldn’t away fans get ‘rewards’ ? Why do they only apply to tickets for home games? 

Been said before but its hard to apply for them, you get people turning up paying by cash on the day at turnstiles, how do you get them their discount benefits?

1 hour ago, Neo said:

The sour taste is just the way they make the tea in the concessions. :thumbsup:

I'm not really bothered about this as I don't buy my ST for any other reason than watching football. Any "reward" is a bonus.  However, if I had kids and/or bought a lot in the shop, this would be annoying.

One thing that will affect me is that they now have to scan your ST card at the concessions to get the discount.  I'm guessing it will be the third home game before Bristol Sport tell the staff this.... :whistle:

9 minutes ago, hodge said:

Been said before but its hard to apply for them, you get people turning up paying by cash on the day at turnstiles, how do you get them their discount benefits?

It’s 2018 - surely away fans can be given some sort of proof of purchase to prove they were at certain games?! I remember being given ‘tokens’ at some away games back in the day so I could prove I was there and could qualify with priority for other tickets ...we are decades on now....surely away fans can be acknowledged without hassle and red tape?!

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s 2018 - surely away fans can be given some sort of proof of purchase to prove they were at certain games?! I remember being given ‘tokens’ at some away games back in the day so I could prove I was there and could qualify with priority for other tickets ...we are decades on now....surely away fans can be acknowledged without hassle and red tape?!

Just going off what Adam said last year with regards to away tickets and priority etc

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, I’m pretty underwhelmed too....I’m not a merchandise person anymore....have bought zillions of replica shirts, shorts, scarves etc etc over the years, but not for me anymore...so for me this reward scheme has simply reduced my discount on beer from 15% to 10% - I was wondering why it wasn’t announced before the club took my money for a season ticket once again...as I said underwhelmed...

it was only 10% off beer last season so you must have known that before you bought your ticket for next season, unless you did not buy a pint all last season in which case your not missing out on much and does 5% really make you regret buying it.

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

it was only 10% off beer last season so you must have known that before you bought your ticket for next season, unless you did not buy a pint all last season in which case your not missing out on much and does 5% really make you regret buying it.

It was 15% discount for adult plus season tickets last season....ie longstanding season ticket holders...

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It was 15% discount for adult plus season tickets last season....

no it was not, they did away with it there was no adult plus I just looked at mine and I have been a season ticket holder for 25 years. if there was they ripped me off as I was told only 10% now.

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Sorry to give you bad news mate, did you actually qualify for 15% discount then?

well I did the season before, that's why I was surprised it had gone down, perhaps they misunderstood the rules on plus membership though surely some of them must have  known.

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, I’m pretty underwhelmed too....I’m not a merchandise person anymore....have bought zillions of replica shirts, shorts, scarves etc etc over the years, but not for me anymore...so for me this reward scheme has simply reduced my discount on beer from 15% to 10% - I was wondering why it wasn’t announced before the club took my money for a season ticket once again...as I said underwhelmed...

Would you really have not bought a season ticket because of 30p extra off a beer?

Christ some of you guys have to find some miminal issues to moan about. They're giving you £10 to spend in the store to make up for it. Get something for one of your kids, or grandkids, or whoever. Sure you'll use it in some way or other.

1 minute ago, Robin TBW said:

Would you really have not bought a season ticket because of 40p extra off a beer?

That’s not the point, I’d have renewed my season ticket if there was no reward scheme at all...but to announce a scheme and then say they can’t actually give any details until we’ve stumped up the cash in advance and then reveal it’s worse than last season is not too impressive....and it leaves a sour taste....i was buying season tickets way before this discount/reward stuff....but there’s no need for the club to be so secretive until they get my dosh and then announce my 15% discount has been reduced to 10%.....it’s amateur and unnecessary....

46 minutes ago, pillred said:

well I did the season before, that's why I was surprised it had gone down, perhaps they misunderstood the rules on plus membership though surely some of them must have  known.

But you said ‘adult plus’ season tickets had been ‘done away with’ and didn’t exist last season ??! I certainly had one last season, perhaps you didn’t realise you qualified for one as non adult plus season tickets only qualified for 10% discount last season....

Archived