IGNORED

Reward scheme 2018/19 announced

phantom

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

But you said ‘adult plus’ season tickets had been ‘done away with years ago’ ??! I certainly had one last season, perhaps you didn’t realise you qualified for one as non adult plus season tickets only qualified for 10% discount last season....

it says adult plus on the ticket but I was repeatedly told that the discount was only 10% last season, obviously that was wrong.

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, there’s always alternative choices, I’ll be going to local pubs next season too...to just limit the ‘rewards’ to buying merchandise is very short sighted....if you fork out a lot of dosh way in advance for a season ticket your commitment and financial support should be recognised and indeed ‘rewarded’ in ways other than just reducing the discount on a pint for people like me.

This is the first time for a few years when we actually knew deep down which division we’d actually be in the next season when stumping up the cash for another season ticket....they dangled the carrot of a reward scheme, but wouldn’t give details until we gave them our cash....and the result for me is a reduced discount on beer from 15% to 10%, that’s all. I don’t buy merchandise anymore....

Neither do I, but there will be a lot of fans who do, and may benefit more from this than a small percentage discount on what is already overpriced and poor quality food and drink in the stadium anyway.

I understand your point, and can see why you might feel a little miffed, but you're not the only fan the scheme was aimed at.

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don’t buy merchandise anymore....

I don't buy drinks inside the stadium... What's your point?

I also don't buy merchandise either so there'd acrually be nothing beneficial to the reward scheme for me... But you know what? That's fine because that's my choice. 

You don't buy merchandise, that's fine. A lot of people do, just look around the stadium on a match day.

Perhaps if you don't buy merchandise you could allow somebody that does to use your allowance and they'll buy you a drink? Problem solved?

I think the way the scheme has been explained has meant its benefits have been overlooked.

If you had the full Plus Membership last year, you had a 15% discount. Let's say you made it to 20 home games and at each bought 2 pints @ £3.50. The total spend would have been £140 which was reduced to £119. A saving of £21.

This season, if you attended the same number of games and bought the same number of drinks you would spend £140 which would be reduced by 10% to £126, a saving of £14.

This year would therefore cost you £7 more. To make up for it, we get given £10 on the card. So we are up by £3 this season, with the caveat that we have to spend that in the shop rather than as a discount on drinks.

If we then add in the fact that we get rewards for other tickets and have kept all our other ST benefits (priority, rugby tickets, kids get kits etc) it seems our total discounts will be about the same as last year, or possibly a little better for us.

The only obvious difference is that this year we have to convert our savings into merchandise rather than keeping the change in our pocket. 

Even though not all of us will be regulars in the shop, a scarf/hat/mug etc etc for say £10 would likely be a good present for someone, so you can get that for free with the rewards and not spend the money you would otherwise have spent.

For most of us, this will mean we save a little more and can get discounted merchandise with the savings. 

27 minutes ago, BrightCiderLife said:

I think the way the scheme has been explained has meant its benefits have been overlooked.

If you had the full Plus Membership last year, you had a 15% discount. Let's say you made it to 20 home games and at each bought 2 pints @ £3.50. The total spend would have been £140 which was reduced to £119. A saving of £21.

This season, if you attended the same number of games and bought the same number of drinks you would spend £140 which would be reduced by 10% to £126, a saving of £14.

This year would therefore cost you £7 more. To make up for it, we get given £10 on the card. So we are up by £3 this season, with the caveat that we have to spend that in the shop rather than as a discount on drinks.

If we then add in the fact that we get rewards for other tickets and have kept all our other ST benefits (priority, rugby tickets, kids get kits etc) it seems our total discounts will be about the same as last year, or possibly a little better for us.

The only obvious difference is that this year we have to convert our savings into merchandise rather than keeping the change in our pocket. 

Even though not all of us will be regulars in the shop, a scarf/hat/mug etc etc for say £10 would likely be a good present for someone, so you can get that for free with the rewards and not spend the money you would otherwise have spent.

For most of us, this will mean we save a little more and can get discounted merchandise with the savings. 

Nicely summarised.

I think the fact tickets went up by some margin and loyalty is only redeemable against further club spend is where the problem lies.

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Nicely summarised.

I think the fact tickets went up by some margin and loyalty is only redeemable against further club spend is where the problem lies.

isn't that the same as most industry's, the more loyal (Ie te more you spend) the more you benefit, like the costa coffee cards or member ship to the local working mans (or persons these days) club

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, I’m pretty underwhelmed too....I’m not a merchandise person anymore....have bought zillions of replica shirts, shorts, scarves etc etc over the years, but not for me anymore...so for me this reward scheme has simply reduced my discount on beer from 15% to 10% - I was wondering why it wasn’t announced before the club took my money for a season ticket once again...as I said underwhelmed...

Get your point bud, but I can only assume the club are highly rating their merchandise this year, thus hoping we're gonna spend £££ in the store.

Some people will really moan about anything won’t they. Talk about entitled. 

In the main it seems like there are a reasonable, decent set of incentives/bonuses that come with being a season ticket holder, when there’s no real requirement to give you anything. 

50 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

isn't that the same as most industry's, the more loyal (Ie te more you spend) the more you benefit, like the costa coffee cards or member ship to the local working mans (or persons these days) club

I would ordinarily agree, but given we have already shown loyalty by shelling out significant on season tickets, the chance to spend less in a wider variety of ways would have been more welcome.

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

In the main it seems like there are a reasonable, decent set of incentives/bonuses that come with being a season ticket holder, when there’s no real requirement to give you anything. 

Ugh, look at you moaning about people moaning!

And now me, moaning about you moaning about people moaning.

Bloody moaner.

29 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I don’t think people are feeling ‘entitled’ - which is another of those, oh so, boring new terms that have come into modern speech like ‘snowflake.’

I agree with you that there is no requirement to ‘give’ season ticket holders anything.....and as I said in a previous post, I would have bought one without any ‘rewards’ attached. But the point to me is that the club dangled this ‘coming soon’ rewards carrot but wouldn’t give any details until season ticket holders had stumped up their cash way in advance. And the result for someone like me is a reduction in benefits, which is obviously disappointing given the length of time I’ve had a season ticket and the loyalty and advanced financial support I’ve given over many years. 

If there wasn’t a rewards scheme I’d buy a season ticket....but if the club decides to ‘reward’ season ticket holders then I’m not sure the end result should be a reduction in key benefits.

i don’t feel ‘entitled’ by the way.....

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don’t think people are feeling ‘entitled’ - which is another of those, oh so, boring new terms that have come into modern speech like ‘snowflake.’

I agree with you that there is no requirement to ‘give’ season ticket holders anything.....and as I said in a previous post, I would have bought one without any ‘rewards’ attached. But the point to me is that the club dangled this ‘coming soon’ rewards carrot but wouldn’t give any details until season ticket holders had stumped up their cash way in advance. And the result for someone like me is a reduction in benefits, which is obviously disappointing given the length of time I’ve had a season ticket and the loyalty and advanced financial support I’ve given over many years. 

If there wasn’t a rewards scheme I’d buy a season ticket....but if the club decides to ‘reward’ season ticket holders then I’m not sure the end result should be a reduction in key benefits.

I don’t actually think that does make sense. 

New season, new purchase, the package is (slightly) different. 

What you are arguing is exactly the reason why offering cheap tickets would never work. People wouldn’t be grateful for the cheap tickets, they’d just moan when the prices went back up. 

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

If you're talking about the reduction in benefits being the reduction from 15% to 10%, this isn't new news.

It was confirmed here: https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/statement-on-season-cards-201819/ 3 months ago.

"Finally, with regards to the introduction of our new loyalty scheme we will be announcing full details over the summer, ahead of the 2018/19 campaign. However, I think it’s important to clarify now that season card holders will be entitled to a ten per cent discount on all food and beverages purchased in the concourse, coffee shop and hospitality areas, alongside earning loyalty in other areas, including the Store at Ashton Gate."

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I'd say on the whole, as a fan base, we act considerably 'entitled' in many ways but that's for another thread.

Granted, if you never do anything at AG other than drink beer then overall the package looks less attractive to you. But if you attend other sports, buy any kind of merchandise, etc. then it's probably a better all round package than last year. I'm not sure an additional 5% off of already very overpriced food and drink can be called a 'key benefit' of Season Ticket holding...but I get your drift. I think giving everyone essentially £10 in cash for the store is actually a very good benefit, and you'd have to drink an awful lot of pints before that becomes less attractive than another 5% on the beer!

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I would ordinarily agree, but given we have already shown loyalty by shelling out significant on season tickets, the chance to spend less in a wider variety of ways would have been more welcome.

but they didn't have to do anything they've already given you the bonus in the early bird prices

3 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

If you're talking about the reduction in benefits being the reduction from 15% to 10%, this isn't new news.

It was confirmed here: https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/statement-on-season-cards-201819/ 3 months ago.

"Finally, with regards to the introduction of our new loyalty scheme we will be announcing full details over the summer, ahead of the 2018/19 campaign. However, I think it’s important to clarify now that season card holders will be entitled to a ten per cent discount on all food and beverages purchased in the concourse, coffee shop and hospitality areas, alongside earning loyalty in other areas, including the Store at Ashton Gate."

I know it isn’t new news but it’s still happening...

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Pretend the reward scheme doesn't exist and you'll be fine. 

But seriously, how much is a pint? £4? 15% is 60p off. 10% is 40p off. That's a 20p difference and to get to £4 by 20p increments takes you buying 20 pints until you've lose out on one.

They've given you a £10 merchandise voucher. We've already added up that £4 is 20 pints so £10 is 50 pints.

How many do you buy per game? If two per game then you're in the money as there are 23 games in a season and 23 x 2 is only 46 so you're up by a massive 80p. If you have three per game then you are indeed buggered and paying an extra £3.80 over the course of the year.

Take a bucket to the first game of the season, I'm sure a few of us will chuck a few coppers in to keep you quiet and make up that £3.80.

Archived