IGNORED

Potential signings

22A

OK, City might not be able to afford any of the players in the England, France, Spain, Portugal or Germany teams. However has any player from one of the "lesser" nations in the World Cup caught your eye?

I was wondering who 1; City could afford and 2; would be prepared to play in the EFL Championship.

42 minutes ago, 22A said:

OK, City might not be able to afford any of the players in the England, France, Spain, Portugal or Germany teams. However has any player from one of the "lesser" nations in the World Cup caught your eye?

I was wondering who 1; City could afford and 2; would be prepared to play in the EFL Championship.

Kane looked decent, probably cost too much though!

54 minutes ago, 22A said:

Probably a few on Sweden’s bench.

56 minutes ago, 22A said:

Someone like Salah from Egypt, Lewandowski of Poland or Dzagoev of Russia?

Just now, BS10 RED said:

Ismaïla Sarr from Senegal looked rather good today. Right winger plays for Stade Rennais in france we like signing from the french leagues last couple of years and only 20 so chance of a decent future sale fee.

He's a cheating shit.

No thanks.

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Dunno his name, but the player at the centre of Japan's back line today did not appear to panic and always played the ball out to an unmarked teammate.

I’ll have to keep an eye for him. What did he look like..?

2 hours ago, BS10 RED said:

Ismaïla Sarr from Senegal looked rather good today. Right winger plays for Stade Rennais in france we like signing from the french leagues last couple of years and only 20 so chance of a decent future sale fee.

No hope there I'm afraid.

Joined Rennes for around €20m euros and chose them over Barcelona for more game time.

He's destined for the very top. He's well, well beyond our means.

14 hours ago, 22A said:

Dunno his name, but the player at the centre of Japan's back line today did not appear to panic and always played the ball out to an unmarked teammate.

Assuming you don't mean Southampton's Maya Yoshida you are probably referring to Gen Shoji (shirt number 3). Wiki says that he is 25 and has played all of his senior career at Kashima Antlers (144 apps since 2011). Transfermarkt values him at approx. £1.5m and this is what the Guardian's world cup squad guide says of him:

"Not the biggest, but Shoji is renowned for his tough, robust defending. He rose to prominence with his performances at the Club World Cup in 2016, where Kashima Antlers came from behind to lead against Real Madrid in the final before ultimately going down in extra time. He was originally at the Gamba Osaka academy until the age of 14 but struggled to cope with the competition for places and quit the game altogether for a period."

Archived