IGNORED

Sky Sports Phenoms - Callum O'Dowda

Coppello

Sky Sports Football is currently broadcasting a docuseries called Phenoms, where they chronicle the journey of various young footballers as they look to reach the World Cup. The episode on at the moment follows Callum O'Dowda's journey as he misses out on the World Cup. I've just switched it on so don't know how much he features but the other episodes in the series were good and interesting to see the emotional side of the game. 

8 hours ago, Coppello said:

Sky Sports Football is currently broadcasting a docuseries called Phenoms, where they chronicle the journey of various young footballers as they look to reach the World Cup. The episode on at the moment follows Callum O'Dowda's journey as he misses out on the World Cup. I've just switched it on so don't know how much he features but the other episodes in the series were good and interesting to see the emotional side of the game. 

Cheers, will take a look. Found another few screenings of it (assuming it’s this one):

23B46AC7-F6EA-4EA7-A5C9-6388AD137338.jpeg

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Cheers, will take a look. Found another few screenings of it (assuming it’s this one):

23B46AC7-F6EA-4EA7-A5C9-6388AD137338.jpeg

Yeah, that’s the one. It was a decent watch and was actually made by Fox Sports and  was broadcast across the world. 

9 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Phenoms?! Weird title for a show about mediocre-good young players who may or may not have any kind of career. I would only use that word for players like Ronaldo and Messi. Maybe just me!

To be fair if you’re playing for any national side then you’re probably better than 99.99% of the population of your country, so I’d say it’s fair to describe someone that meets that criteria as outstandingly talented in the context of their own nation at least. 

I watched the Phenoms last week after it was shown in the USA. 5 'starlets' were filmed in the run up to the World Cup, young COD being one. Callum came over as a particularly grounded fella with quiet (but huge) ambition. Thanks to Coppello I managed to switch to the one last night on Sky which was slightly different but just as interesting. Fox Sports have probably helped by adding a few million onto Callum's value - happy days!!!

6 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

To be fair if you’re playing for any national side then you’re probably better than 99.99% of the population of your country, so I’d say it’s fair to describe someone that meets that criteria as outstandingly talented in the context of their own nation at least. 

But they will be compared to other footballers not joe public. 

Anyway, I realise I’m being picky so ignore me!

Archived