IGNORED

Why do we only get about five (dis)likes per day?

TBW

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I agree with this idea. I reckon there’s a few who hit 4000 a year.. @BobBobSuperBob, @Super maybe @Davefevs too! 

@ZiderEyed can’t be far off either !

But yes good idea, I think that would get a large amount of new supporters.

There may be a few, some people seem to post alot but 4,000 is 11 posts per day, every single day of the year.

If they miss a day they have to post 22 times the next day to make up for it, etc.

Go on holiday for a week and they've got to do 70+ posts the first day back just to keep the rate up.

Really can't see it, I doubt there are more than half a dozen who post 2k plus per year!

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It's just occurred to me that maybe some otib users don't actually realise that they can subscribe. Maybe that fact could be more visible?

I legitimately didn't realise you get more likes for paying in. 

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

If the idea is to nudge regular posters towards supporting the forum with their fiver then limiting them to 10 posts a day wouldn't achieve anything.

I doubt there's anyone who posts 4,000 times per year, OTIB supporter or not.

For instance, my near 20k posts are spread over 15 years.

True but there’s days where I’ll make 50 posts and sometimes days pass when I make none. If there’s a particularly hot debate, 10 isn’t going to get you very involved in it and would make you think about it at least. 

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

True but there’s days where I’ll make 50 posts and sometimes days pass when I make none. If there’s a particularly hot debate, 10 isn’t going to get you very involved in it and would make you think about it at least. 

But that's the point isn't it - if you want to really get involved it's time to pay up?

In the past 12 months here are the top posters.

6CE9AC6B-A96D-4823-9DEB-0BBAB7E38BBD.thumb.png.c1262f6e8df5b85de40a0c96254065dc.png

I’ve posted over 10k in 3 years on here, and I started quite slowly, because you are a tough crowd.

So I probably average circa 4K per year these days.  Bob’s 6,000 include a spell of (cough, cough) inactivity!!!!  Zidereyed is pretty prolific these days too.  And in both cases they aren’t quantity over quality as both have a very high count of likes.  It wouldn’t surprise me if someone like Ole has the highest ratio of likes per post though.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

6CE9AC6B-A96D-4823-9DEB-0BBAB7E38BBD.thumb.png.c1262f6e8df5b85de40a0c96254065dc.png

I’ve posted over 10k in 3 years on here, and I started quite slowly, because you are a tough crowd.

So I probably average circa 4K per year these days.  Bob’s 6,000 include a spell of (cough, cough) inactivity!!!!  Zidereyed is pretty prolific these days too.  And in both cases they aren’t quantity over quality as both have a very high count of likes.  It wouldn’t surprise me if someone like Ole has the highest ratio of likes per post though.

If you can keep to under 3K per year I can get you cheaper insurance.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Off to Blue Mountain this weekend are you Dave?

11 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You will notice that some posters names appear in purple. They are “site supporters” who pay £5 per year towards the running costs. This gives you unlimited reactions to posts. 

@Dollymarie it might be a good place to put your link to sign up, as some seem to have missed previous requests. 

You will notice some supporters names appear in brown - these are "shite" supporters.

If you take offence at their posts then unlimited dislikes are unlocked for you!

:)

9 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Sounds reasonable.

Something like initial 50 posts free to make sure you enjoy it. 

After 50 posts automatically invited to become OTIB Supporter and limited to 2 posts a day afterwards if you don't stump up? 

Don't know how practical that would be.

Hard to imagine why anyone who posts regularly wouldn't be willing to put a fiver in to keep OTIB going.

The issue with plans like these is if people don't want to pay they'll go elsewhere or grab a free forum and skin and try and get people to join that. 

I'm not suggesting this BTW, it's just what I've seen happen having been an admin on some great forums in the past that wanted to find a way to help fund them. 

32 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Funny how you have a strong opinion on the possibility of having daily free posts on here cut - yet you ridicule concerns about discounts on concessions being cut by 33%....

From infinity per day to two is a larger percentage than 60p off to 40p off if you wanna do the maths on this one.

34 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

From infinity per day to two is a larger percentage than 60p off to 40p off if you wanna do the maths on this one.

The ‘pedant’ versus the ‘statistician’ - not sure if this is WWE or Harry Hill :D

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Arhhhh yes but the 'likes' button only came along in recent years so its not an accurate reflection. 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah felt like we've had 'likes' for years. The reactions is only a recent thing.

A few years, yes, but for many years before that there was nothing.

Many more years in the life of OTIB without 'likes' than with them.

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 12:52, BRISTOL86 said:

Yeah two is probably too little tbf. But maybe 10 posts a day or something. That’s nearly 4,000 posts a year. I don’t think asking for £5 towards the running costs if you’re a heavy user is unreasonable and this just makes people think about it a bit more. 

I only signed up this year having been completely ignorant to it, so I’m not trying to be preachy. I’d noticed the ‘OTIB Supporter’ tag and stuff but it never registered that I wasn’t contributing!

Liked your post.... I'm a heavy user I guess at almost 16st …!!!  I really should shed a few pounds, meanwhile though I remain a fat scab scrounger.. :badmood: #boo me .

Will get round to paying up sometime, probably chuck in a score (£20) or something by way of late payment interest.

PS.. It's excellent vfm @a fiver, we all realise that when on occasions the site is down for maintenance etc, it feels like we've woken up and lost a limb or something..  

Hangs head in shame :mf_sleep:

On 21/06/2018 at 17:20, phantom said:

Did they?

I thought we always had something, but the choice got bigger?

On 21/06/2018 at 17:22, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah felt like we've had 'likes' for years. The reactions is only a recent thing.

Per Noggers.... Early and major years there was nout. Ie.. Before 2010.

On 20/06/2018 at 12:27, Nogbad the Bad said:

Sounds reasonable.

Something like initial 50 posts free to make sure you enjoy it. 

After 50 posts automatically invited to become OTIB Supporter and limited to 2 posts a day afterwards if you don't stump up? 

Don't know how practical that would be.

Hard to imagine why anyone who posts regularly wouldn't be willing to put a fiver in to keep OTIB going.

I would happily pay £5 to limit Robbored to 2 posts a day

Archived