IGNORED

Why do we only get about five (dis)likes per day?

TBW

7 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

With this kit release fiasco lately there's been a lot of bollocks to mark as bollocks and by the time I've found a genuinely insightful post I've run out!

Sort it out Jon Lansdown mate.

You could just pay up your fiver, like many others have done. 

With the goal gifs last season, I think that the City social media team have exceeded expectations, and their whole "media" department has been given more responsibility and expectation for this season.

The "announce the kit" stuff has been a bit annoying, but it's probably better than hearing ****-all for weeks until it drops.

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Surely Tom can explain?

I don't think it requires explaining...

However, since you actually had to ask; in short:

Hard work required to run forum -> Small incentive for those willing to support the makers is unlimited reactions -> We all continue to enjoy the benefits.

I know you asked Tom, but it really is obvious.

To those who make and maintain the forum - Thank you, keep up the good work.

To those who want unlimited reactions for free - Snakes and bins don't grow on trees you know.

50 minutes ago, hodge said:

Pay up then :thumbsup: otib becoming just like the club in a heartless money grabbing ploy :ph34r:

Could you put that in words of one syllable, as you haven’t explained the background for those of us that genuinely are missing the point.

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Could you put that in words of one syllable, as you haven’t explained the background for those of us that genuinely are missing the point.

You will notice that some posters names appear in purple. They are “site supporters” who pay £5 per year towards the running costs. This gives you unlimited reactions to posts. 

@Dollymarie it might be a good place to put your link to sign up, as some seem to have missed previous requests. 

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You will notice that some posters names appear in purple. They are “site supporters” who pay £5 per year towards the running costs. This gives you unlimited reactions to posts. 

@Dollymarie it might be a good place to put your link to sign up, as some seem to have missed previous requests. 

It's at the top right of the home page

image.png

42 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

In all the time I've been using otib I never noticed that before!       :disapointed2se:

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

IMO limiting posts rather than reactions would be a much better way to get people to stump up. 

Sounds reasonable.

Something like initial 50 posts free to make sure you enjoy it. 

After 50 posts automatically invited to become OTIB Supporter and limited to 2 posts a day afterwards if you don't stump up? 

Don't know how practical that would be.

Hard to imagine why anyone who posts regularly wouldn't be willing to put a fiver in to keep OTIB going.

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Sounds reasonable.

Something like initial 50 posts free to make sure you enjoy it. 

After 50 posts automatically invited to become OTIB Supporter and limited to 2 posts a day afterwards if you don't stump up? 

Don't know how practical that would be.

Hard to imagine why anyone who posts regularly wouldn't be willing to put a fiver in to keep OTIB going.

Everyone here moans about the club forcing fans into something but quite happy for the forum to... Strange.

1 minute ago, Robin TBW said:

Everyone here moans about the club forcing fans into something but quite happy for the forum to... Strange.

No one's forcing anything. You can continue to use the free forum but with a limited range of options. Seems very reasonable - these things aren't free to run. Loads of forums have a free and premium membership system.

3 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

Hardly forcing you into something - you'd still be able to post on the forum but not as much as those who pay to help to keep it going.

I always assume high posting non OTIB Supporters like yourself must simply forget, and perhaps need a gentle nudge, but obviously not in your case.

9 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

No one's forcing anything. You can continue to use the free forum but with a limited range of options. Seems very reasonable - these things aren't free to run. Loads of forums have a free and premium membership system.

I was replying to the idea of cutting to two posts per day. That basically does force if you want to have any sort of debate.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Hardly forcing you into something - you'd still be able to post on the forum but not as much as those who pay to help to keep it going.

I always assume high posting non OTIB Supporters like yourself must simply forget, and perhaps need a gentle nudge, but obviously not in your case.

I'm just saying TWO posts per day allowance is a hell of a cut.

4 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

I was replying to the idea of cutting to two posts per day. That basically does force if you want to have any sort of debate.

Yeah two is probably too little tbf. But maybe 10 posts a day or something. That’s nearly 4,000 posts a year. I don’t think asking for £5 towards the running costs if you’re a heavy user is unreasonable and this just makes people think about it a bit more. 

I only signed up this year having been completely ignorant to it, so I’m not trying to be preachy. I’d noticed the ‘OTIB Supporter’ tag and stuff but it never registered that I wasn’t contributing!

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yeah two is probably too little tbf. But maybe 10 posts a day or something. That’s nearly 4,000 posts a year. I don’t think asking for £5 towards the running costs if you’re a heavy user is unreasonable. 

I signed up to the Villa forum when they were linked to Kodjia and was limited to 10 posts a day.

Not sure if it still applies or not so could have just been a newbie thing.

1 minute ago, Robin TBW said:

If you want to make more than 2 posts a day you are a big user of the forum and should be more than happy to contribute what is a very small annual amount to have no restrictions imo.

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yeah two is probably too little tbf. But maybe 10 posts a day or something. That’s nearly 4,000 posts a year. I don’t think asking for £5 towards the running costs if you’re a heavy user is unreasonable and this just makes people think about it a bit more. 

I only signed up this year having been completely ignorant to it, so I’m not trying to be preachy. I’d noticed the ‘OTIB Supporter’ tag and stuff but it never registered that I wasn’t contributing!

If the idea is to nudge regular posters towards supporting the forum with their fiver then limiting them to 10 posts a day wouldn't achieve anything.

I doubt there's anyone who posts 4,000 times per year, OTIB supporter or not.

For instance, my near 20k posts are spread over 15 years.

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

If the idea is to nudge regular posters towards supporting the forum with their fiver then limiting them to 10 posts a day wouldn't achieve anything.

I agree with this idea. I reckon there’s a few who hit 4000 a year.. @BobBobSuperBob, @Super maybe @Davefevs too! 

@ZiderEyed can’t be far off either !

But yes good idea, I think that would get a large amount of new supporters.

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

My near 28k are also spread over 15 years and that's why I'm more than happy to cough up a fiver a year to support the  site. I'd happily cough up twice or even thrice that amount. 

I mean what's a fiver these days?  Bugger all!

Archived