IGNORED

Hordur Magnusson - Signed for CSKA (Merged)

bcfcredandwhite

https://mobile.twitter.com/bcfctweets/status/1009390985934266368?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Signed for CSKA Moscow for undisclosed fee.

Goodbye and good luck, lovely guy who Bristol City couldn’t get the best out of him, and I’m sure there is a great player in there with the teams who he has attracted. In the hands of another manager now, will watch with interest how he does. 

All the best Mags

6 minutes ago, Paul G said:

Looking on the OS it appears to me that we didn't want him to leave. My guess is that CSKA came in with an offer that was to good to refuse. Best of luck to the lad anyway.

I believe we didn't - or at least LJ didn't - but for Mags it was too good to turn down and LJ is expected to sell to buy, up to a point at least.

Good luck to him, always thought there was a good player in there trying to come out. Prone to the odd clanger but is still only young so to be expected. Sad to see him go especially as I liked his song but that Viking clap we were truly shit at.

Not sure it makes sense to sell a player who is playing in the World Cup prior or during the tournament.

Agree with the comments that he can be a liability but he was lauded by many as a fantastic signing and proved as much when he joined the club and unfortunately over time became a far worse player than the one who joined us.

I guess one of his problems is that he previously didn't play for Barnsley.

3 minutes ago, foghornred said:

If we lose Flint as well it will leave us very short in that department  and a great loss of goals as Flint scores a lot and Magn'usson with his long throws.

Not to be awkward, I had a lot of time for Mags! But correct me if I'm wrong did we only score two from his throws? Cardiff, Leeds? ( Last season anyway)

I wasn't a big fan mainly because of how prone he was to mistakes, I do however think this signals the inevitable sale of Flint. I can't see us selling Mags with his throw-ins if we were able to keep Flint, too much of a loss. I think LJ has already admitted Flint is off and thus Mags main contribution to the team is no longer necessary.

CSKA head coach has signed him to play centre-back apparently so will be interesting to see how that turns out.

One other point I'd like to make. A lot of people saying it's a step-up for him going to CSKA Moscow as he'll be playing CL football. Whilst that's true, isn't the Russian league probably a worse standard than the C'Ship overall? Week in, week out CSKA must be up against some pretty poor sides...

Archived