IGNORED

Hordur Magnusson - Signed for CSKA (Merged)

bcfcredandwhite

Well, at least he doesn't have far to go once Iceland are finished in the World Cup!

Losing Mags is a blow. He might not have been a starter next season, but our entire recruitment structure is built on the idea of buying promising youngsters, building them up, and selling them on at a profit alongside on-the-pitch success. With Mags, we had a decent player for two years, and we sold him while he was still young and full of potential for a low enough sum for the value to be "undisclosed".

I'm happy to see a good player, and a good guy move onto bigger and better things, but Lansdown and Ashton will look like mugs if he goes on to succeed at CSKA Moscow, and will once again undermine the trust that the fans have in the business side of the club.

Could well develop into a very good player but behind Baker with us for CB and Bryan for LB, unfortunately makes a mistake too often, considering he's in his last year of his contract I still think we've done well to get as much as we have for a non-essential player. Good luck Hörður.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'll buy him a pint anytime he pops in The George. Top bloke.

Will follow his career closely and hope to see him at AG again.

Couple of years time.

Europa League semi final.

Bristol City vs CSKA Moscow, Mags puts in a MOTM performance as a valiant CSKA side lose to the mighty Robins.

You heard it here first.

6 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Well let see what Lee does with the money. Not many international defenders will be available for 2 million quid but you never know. Hopefully he won't waste it. 

Do we need to bring someone in? Vyner/Wright as back up to Flint and Kelly can be back up to Baker. 

8 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Well let see what Lee does with the money. Not many international defenders will be available for 2 million quid but you never know. Hopefully he won't waste it. 

Incorrect. 

You can probably get the entire Liechtenstein back 4 for that. ;)

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

last time i checked middlesborough werent a prem club, and if he wanted to leave he can submit a transfer request or not sign a new contract,

him wanting to leave is bollocks 

Yes he could have forced his way out but I don't think that's his style, he's a professional unlike many. For all we know he could well have already made an agreement to leave with the club, neither he or the club would announce it if they had come to that so saying him wanting to leave is bollocks is no different than me saying he wants to stay is bollocks, simply put we just don't know.
My opinion is based on that he is getting a lot of attention and he's been at this club for 5 years now and has won League One, had that great cup run last season, what more is he going to achieve here because honestly, I don't think we'll get promoted in the next few years.

I like Flint, I think he made the right choice for both club and himself in extending his contract but I also think he's ambitious and if we can't match that ambition then I would not be surprised to see him move on, especially to a Prem club or a Championship club looking to put in a genuine promotion push.

5 hours ago, hodge said:

Do we need to bring someone in? Vyner/Wright as back up to Flint and Kelly can be back up to Baker. 

Yeah definitely need to bring people in. When Bryan is gone there will only be 4 senior defenders flint baker Wright pisano and 2 academy players Kelly and vyner. 

Squad is thin. We only have 1 real full back.

8 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Yeah definitely need to bring people in. When Bryan is gone there will only be 4 senior defenders flint baker Wright pisano and 2 academy players Kelly and vyner. 

Well McQueen is supposedly the rumour as a replacement for Bryan, leaves Kelly covering both LB and LCB, Kelly has definitely shown he has the quality required for this level. I'd rather the Mags money is reinvested at right back than a replacement for Hörður. 

13 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Three youngsters if you include Taylor Moore along with Lloyd & Zach but get your drift.

A bit of a shame. 

Seems a nice guy, has a great song and lifts the crowd interaction with the long throw etc. 

My son's favourite player. 

Although prone to the occasional balls up, he was good for the club's profile. 

Bright, young international. Best of luck to him. 

I fail to see how any of this saga fits the club's policy.

Presume we shall find another ex Barnsley player to fill the gap left by an international

Will make it even more difficult to find a replacement for LJ if things go wrong next season 

Archived