IGNORED

Hordur Magnusson - Signed for CSKA (Merged)

bcfcredandwhite

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Expect any announcement is being delayed due to the world cup?

Put it this way he has played his last game for us

international transfer window doesn't open until july 1st, expect it to be announced then

Don’t know if I’m gutted about this or not..??

Always hard to put “fans favourite” tag to one side when selling a player who, in reality, probably isn’t up to the physical grind of the league we’re in. 

Will watch his progress with interest, and wish him all the best with his career. 

4 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I haven't seen anything on the OS - and they are still tracking the Iceland national team's progress as 'Hörður's Iceland....'. 

Was this all made up by the Post, or more 'fake news' by the Russians?

I'm waiting for Robbered's official announcement! :whistle:

51 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

What difference would that make? They're not signing him on a free.

I have no idea whatsoever.

Perhaps City placed an embargo to avoid complications and/or overpricing in obtaining a replacement; perhaps there was a contractual clause?

Perhaps it was just a matter of common courtesy?

9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He's already signed for CSKA, they've been after him for a while. Not sure on reason for delay in the announcement.

international transfer window, he doesn't and can't officially sign until July 1st

7 hours ago, Monkeh said:

international transfer window, he doesn't and can't officially sign until July 1st

I do not think this is true. Think there is an entity which is needed to sign players from different countries. Believe that opened the 8th of June. There have been signings made from europe to england already like Dalot to Man U and Stoke signed one yesterday from Portugal. Announcements can be made any time anyway. Usually with a statement such as “subject to clearance” etc

http://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/12691/11373456/when-does-the-premier-league-transfer-window-open-and-close

Maybe it’s World Cup factor as well. Nice for their release to say they have signed the left back who kept messi in his pocket for 90mins..... or, perhaps more likely, when messi scores a hat trick reveal after Iceland exit they have a new left back (and no one would care that messi destroyed him as messi has done it to far better players!). 

Sad to see him go but for me not combatitive enough for the championship and I, like others said, always felt there was a mistake in there. Hope he does well though. He at least has the right appearance to not get abused in the hideous world of Russian football! 

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Just glimpsed the Bristol Post in a newsagent this morning and it carries an article from Hörður explaining why he is leaving.  Doesn't appear to be up online yet though.

As per, the article explains nothing.

Archived