IGNORED

Club Launches a New Club App. Kit to be unveiled via app

6 minutes ago, SteelCityRobin said:

I can’t wait to see certain people slate the app when it literally has just come out to the public :glare:

Doesn't take that long to read the T&C's. Matters not what the app does, with those conditions of use I wouldn't trust it with my data.

8 minutes ago, M.D said:

Does this mean all our log in details for BCTC have changed as I don't seem to be able to log on anymore?

I had an email saying they were no longer taking payments for BCTV and a new programme would be announced soon. 

26 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Worth mentioning the company responsible for the app has done work with Blackburn Rovers and Swindon Town amongst other sports clubs and racecourses so hopefully should have a solid foundation.

When I try to sign up I get an error message, anybody else in the same boat?

41 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Kit to be unveiled via the new club app... oooh!

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/201819-kit-unveiled-via-new-mobile-app/

Why are they releasing the kit already..?! 

They should do a few more teasers first...! 

Just now, Jerseybean said:

When I try to sign up I get an error message, anybody else in the same boat?

Yes and me.  

Just try later. 

Prior to signing up there's no indication of how to manage preferences under GDPR. Takes one to the the policies but doesn't link to how to amend prior to committing. Get out on malware, trojans and viruses at al is basically, tough, chance your arm. For sure all companies are at risk but most accept negligence against  the basis they've done all that's reasonably possibly to offer protection. Those I know if who are so overtly cavalier are the ones who usually end up causing trouble.

I edited my GDPR preferences for Bristol Sport and still keep getting all sorts of crap I've expressly said I don't wish to be bothered with, so app I wouldn't risk it.

Be interesting to see if they're smart enough to undertake cross matching of IP addressing. I know some who subscribe to the TV service and use it via a masked IP address. Now if your phone is linked to the common account they might sus you'd be pushed to be watching online in Latvia when your phone appears at that moment to be in the UK.

Archived