IGNORED

Club Launches a New Club App. Kit to be unveiled via app

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

Prior to signing up there's no indication of how to manage preferences under GDPR. Takes one to the the policies but doesn't link to how to amend prior to committing. Get out on malware, trojans and viruses at al is basically, tough, chance your arm. For sure all companies are at risk but most accept negligence against  the basis they've done all that's reasonably possibly to offer protection. Those I know if who are so overtly cavalier are the ones who usually end up causing trouble.

I edited my GDPR preferences for Bristol Sport and still keep getting all sorts of crap I've expressly said I don't wish to be bothered with, so app I wouldn't risk it.

You sound like the type that believe the moonlanding was faked and that aliens are listening in on your phone conversations too.

39 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

In before "I'd never have renewed my season ticket if they told me I'd have to download an app"

Just wait until next season and the app has barcodes on it that are your season ticket.

1 minute ago, Robin TBW said:

You sound like the type that believe the moonlanding was faked and that aliens are listening in on your phone conversations too.

They were and they are..........

38 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

Just wait until next season and the app has barcodes on it that are your season ticket.

Honestly surprised there isn't the option yet, competitions I do send you a qr code as your ticket for entry 

32 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

Depends who you define as 'alien' but I'm no conspiracist. Those who act in the way you describe do so for the right reasons and we've much to thank them for. If you've nothing to fear you've nothing to worry about.

What I do worry about is I've absolutely **** all interest in tall blokes with squeeky daps, egg chasing, women playing football or travelling 120 miles to watch football on a screen with lower resolution and worse sound than I've got in either of my sitting rooms - but that doesn't stop Bristol Sport sending shed loads of offers I don't want.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Honestly surprised there isn't the option yet, competitions I do send you a qr code as your ticket for entry 

I guess they need to track the uptake of the app, the useage numbers etc. and see if it looks like a goer furst rather than throwing it at us on day one.

1 minute ago, BTRFTG said:

Depends who you define as 'alien' but I'm no conspiracist. Those who act in the way you describe do so for the right reasons and we've much to thank them for. If you've nothing to fear you've nothing to worry about.

What I do worry about is I've absolutely **** all interest in tall blokes with squeeky daps, egg chasing, women playing football or travelling 120 miles to watch football on a screen with lower resolution and worse sound than I've got in either of my sitting rooms - but that doesn't stop Bristol Sport sending shed loads of offers I don't want.

Unsubscribe button?

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Manor Farm did for the community game last season.

The only time I have ever used my phone as a ticket for a football match was at a club in the 8th tier!

2 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

Unsubscribe button?

The only 'unsubscribe' would be to stop following the club I've supported these past 50 odd years. In any form of ticket interaction we've effectively been forced online, with which I don't have a problem save it should interact with me when I want it to and not use data collected to pump **** my way when I don't.

4 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

The only 'unsubscribe' would be to stop following the club I've supported these past 50 odd years. In any form of ticket interaction we've effectively been forced online, with which I don't have a problem save it should interact with me when I want it to and not use data collected to pump **** my way when I don't.

I believe if you click unsubscribe it gives you options for what to unsubscribe to. I get zero rugby emails.

Just now, Robin TBW said:

I believe if you click unsubscribe it gives you options for what to unsubscribe to. I get zero rugby emails.

Lucky you. I did likewise across both accounts and still continue to receive unsolicited crap. They get away with it on the premise that as one accedes to receiving football related services ( i.e. the option to be able to purchase a ticket,) they can send what the consider to be 'associated' information which in this case appears to be anything with the words Bristol or Ashton.

8 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Lucky you. I did likewise across both accounts and still continue to receive unsolicited crap. They get away with it on the premise that as one accedes to receiving football related services ( i.e. the option to be able to purchase a ticket,) they can send what the consider to be 'associated' information which in this case appears to be anything with the words Bristol or Ashton.

That is annoying but do you really let it impact your life that much though? The delete button is a wonderful thing.

1 minute ago, Robin TBW said:

Do you really let it impact your life that much though? The delete button is a wonderful thing.

Which to cut to the top of the chain is what I did (though some appear not to like that for whatever reason.)

Looks shit on the iPhone X. Could of optimised it.

They have to infact. Apple insit that all iPhone apps submitted from April are optimised for iPhone X.

Hope someone doesnt complain to Apple and it ends up getting pulled...

2 hours ago, milo1111 said:

Are the username and password the same one I have linked to my season ticket does anyone know? Or are they different things ie . You have to register separately just for the app.....

I registered separately for the app. Looks good. There is also a separate login page for the paid BCTV service that covered match commentaries last season - old login for that doesn’t work as they are relaunching that I understand.

6 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

I've already deleted the app.

T&C's are onerous, not easily amended and the caveats appear to suggest their security measures are as watertight as our defence.

Just agree to the T&Cs and don’t put an email address in. There’s a ‘skip’ button on the sign in page. Works absolutely fine and you don’t have to worry about JL stealing your precious data. 

5 hours ago, milo1111 said:

Are the username and password the same one I have linked to my season ticket does anyone know? Or are they different things ie . You have to register separately just for the app.....

Let me know your user name and password and I'll check for you... 

:ph34r:

5 hours ago, hodge said:

Wouldn’t even need a QR code anymore. We could use the wallet feature that is used for Apple Pay. Would make reading of the tickets much quicker, not that entry speed has been a problem whatsoever this season. 

4 hours ago, Wilksi said:

Looks shit on the iPhone X. Could of optimised it.

They have to infact. Apple insit that all iPhone apps submitted from April are optimised for iPhone X.

Hope someone doesnt complain to Apple and it ends up getting pulled...

oooo look at me I've got an iPhone X :thumbsup::thumbsup:

13 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

that isn't just the club though is it?, its now the digital age everything is online, christ you don't even need to go to a cash machine anymore you can pay with a smart phone or watch,

Archived