IGNORED

Lee Tomlin

alexukhc

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

From another thread I see the new kit is available in sizes up to 5XL so wondered if this was to open the way for Tomlin returning?

Still be a bit tight........

7 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Was wondering about that also. Lets reflect again on what he said, words to the effect:  'i snort bisto granules off my promotion medal' . Can any stat chaps explain to me what he contributed to Cardiff's promotion other than getting the hell away from the club to enable them to concentrate on playing football and not having to put up with this childish crap.. oh of course; that is why he feels the need to tell people he got a medal. I thought he was a bit dim but this takes it to a new level of childishness.

Best stat I could find:

He started 5 games for Cardiff. He was subbed off 6 times.

Therefore, at some point, he suffered the embarrassment of the sub-sub.

14 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

Best stat I could find:

Fair enough I will never win a championship medal. But if I did with those stats, I definitely wouldn't be bragging about it online!

19 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

Best stat I could find:

http://www.subway.com/en-gb/menunutrition/menu/product?ProductId=4971&MenuCategoryId=436  

Probably had to nip of for a quick bite to eat eh? 

On 21/06/2018 at 04:39, Phileas Fogg said:

I've noticed Tomlin often chips in with pithy comments on Instagram, towards both players and fans. It's very easy to read too much into this sort of thing, but the way he interacts on there definitely supports the evidence that he's not a particularly nice piece of work.

Almost all his replies are insults which he passes off as 'banter'. He often refers to his promotion bonus or how much he's paid etc. Based on how he interacts online, and all the other rumours we know about, I definitely wouldn't want him anywhere near the club if I was a manager. I get the impression he'd be absolutely cancerous if he didn't like the manager or things weren't going well.. an incredibly challenging person to manage.

Very talented footballer though, Premier League ability in my opinion. Would've been playing there if he had a better attitude. 

And it was this personality type I saw in summer 2016 in the training camp video with Wilbs that made me think we’ve made a mistake signing him.

• Admin
20 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

Best stat I could find:

Was away at Bolton

image.png

Also happened to Aron Gunnarson away to Birmingham

image.png

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

And it was this personality type I saw in summer 2016 in the training camp video with Wilbs that made me think we’ve made a mistake signing him.

I thought the same, was also concerned by how LJ felt that Wilbs needed to "police" Tomlin. I still feel that Tomlin wasn't an LJ signing and more of a Mark Ashton marquee transfer for the fans.

7 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

I thought the same, was also concerned by how LJ felt that Wilbs needed to "police" Tomlin. I still feel that Tomlin wasn't an LJ signing and more of a Mark Ashton marquee transfer for the fans.

Dunno, think LJ saw it as a “i’m the man to tame him” too.

10 hours ago, Red Army 87 said:

Marquee transfer? I always thought he was two tents.

10 hours ago, phantom said:

Was away at Bolton

image.png

image.png

Warnock said at the time Pratley & Henry were giving him loads of verbals and he had already been booked, so he subbed him to avoid him being sent off.

Can’t imagine it was the most intellectual of conversations..

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah this video

I remember watching that thinking the same. His comments are personal and border on nasty at times, obviously he passes it off as ‘banter’. You can imagine what he was like off camera. Must’ve been a nightmare to manage especially when things went bad that season.

Clearly thick too which doesn’t help. 

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah this video

I remember watching that thinking the same. His comments are personal and border on nasty at times, obviously he passes it off as ‘banter’. You can imagine what he was like off camera. Must’ve been a nightmare to manage especially when things went bad that season.

Tomlin looks like a fatter hairier Tyrone from Coronation St

10 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah this video

I still recall cringing at this, I don’t think Wilbs felt that comfortable either.  I could see him disrupting the dressing room, a closely knit one.  But had I expressed my views, most people would’ve thought I was mad.  There was such a clamour for his signing.  I did have the odd private message with a couple on here.  Within a few games of the season we’d seen a few poor performances, petulant yellow cards, but we’d got off to a decent start.  His free-kick v Villa bought him more goodwill from the fans, but it overshadowed inept performances for a player of his ability (that I cannot question).  Penalty miss v Wednesday.  Dressing room spat with O’Neil at Reading.  But how do you drop the player who cost close to the Kodjia record fee, but on probably joint highest wage?  

I akso remember being at Charlton Farm for the Xmas do with Joe.  The tension between him and O’Neil was so obvious.  O’Neil looked like he could burst into tears at any point....unfounded, but I reckon they’d just had a bust-up at the training ground.  It’s not difficult for there to be tension between a gifted but ill-disciplined player and the ‘model-pro’.

Roll-on to April, LJ, drops him.  The most important decision of that season.

Roll-on to the summer, LJ bullshit’s that he’s gonna be building the team around him, then sells him.  Our best bit of summer business imho.

It will be interesting where he ends up.

I can't help but notice that Tomlin has used the video purely as product placement, with him wearing his own merchandise and his phone scrolling the company name 'The Loyal Love' continuously throughout.

An ironic name if ever I heard one.

3 minutes ago, SimonR said:

I would guess by the end of next season he will be struggling to get a game on loan at somewhere like Nantwich town.

The trouble is there`s always a club/manager out there who think they can sort him out. Another transfer, another signing on fee, another six months before they realise he`s a lost cause and another loan to another club that think they can sort him out...…………………………...

2 minutes ago, SimonR said:

@Red Right Hand as long as its not us though! Maybe he can head down to chernobyl and disappoint the blue few for a couple of months, although them paying him in out of date pies could cause a horrific mess... :shocking:

I`d love it if they signed him, it would just push them over that last cliff into financial oblivion.

I could see him ending up back at Posh before too much longer though.

Archived