IGNORED

New Kit - Here!

Silvio Dante

I have no idea what a whelm is but I’m currently under one. Just a very average unremarkable shirt in my opinion.

I understand the financial reasons for bringing the kits in-house, but the cut and quality of shirts from the proper sports manufacturers still looks far superior to me. This is a bit lower-leagueish.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I have no idea what a whelm is but I’m currently under one. Just a very average unremarkable shirt in my opinion.

I understand the financial reasons for bringing the kits in-house, but the cut and quality of shirts from the proper sports manufacturers still looks far superior to me. This is a bit lower-leagueish.

I was under the impression that most kits throughout the lower leagues are made by the big manufacturers - so being a "bit lower-leagueish" is a strange comment.

I think you're in the minority anyway.

5 minutes ago, Buckeyed said:

I was under the impression that most kits throughout the lower leagues are made by the big manufacturers - so being a "bit lower-leagueish" is a strange comment.

So because I'm in the minority I'm wrong?  No - it's entirely subjective and I was giving my own personal opinion, nothing more.

When I said "lower leagueish" I was referring to the traditional perception of a lower league kit; the whole look of the shirt rather than just the manufacturer.  Given that, as you say, lower league kits are now often made by the big manufacturers, in many cases lower league shirts may actually now look less "lower league" than our own.

14 minutes ago, Buckeyed said:

Last I checked Roman Glass St George weren't having their kit made by Nike.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Didn't want to take my eye out with those things .

If she was in the seas with Steep Holme in the background, she would definitely take your eyes out with those things! ;)

3 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

Or the away kit never gets officially used hence the Purple and Lime kit.

I cannot think of any other reason. It will be interesting to hear the club explanation in the event this shirt is used and, on the face of it, against regulation.

2 hours ago, Robin TBW said:

Not a fan of that at all. Rather pay the extra £10 and get them a small adults size... Even if it would touch their ankles. 

So your Children wearing an on line gambling 'Dunder' Shirt?

Conversely, I would like a larger size of the Robins for me... but then again I have never bought a City shirt, especially at those prices, and very little chance I will start now. I will probably just knock up a copy for a tenner.

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

And presumably needed Dunder's permission given the font they've used so fair play.

I am pretty certain that is an off the shelf font.

3 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I cannot think of any other reason. It will be interesting to hear the club explanation in the event this shirt is used and, on the face of it, against regulation.

Potentially it could be used in cup games (I am unsure on the full rules around it). Last time we had the white away shirt was the 14/15 promotion year and the purple and lime jut was used instead.

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

Tomlin returning perhaps? :)

Ladies kit about to be released ( photo attached) but there's been a bit of a delay as they have been trying to work out where  to put the robin.

It's also available in sizes up to 5XL.

ola.jpg

I know that every new kit design will have it’s knockers, but....!

29 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Last I checked Roman Glass St George weren't having their kit made by Nike.

It was Adidas recently. Know the Coach. Most lower league kits follow the best deal.

To the posters earlier point. Frequently the supplier will be a local supplier. Quality wise having purchased kits in squad like numbers small companies v multi national kits frequently last far longer that is part of the point. Individualised design costs more so lower league clubs often do not have the resources so the lower league point is valid.

Bristol Sport have none of these constraints and neither do BCFC. Bristol Sport have all sorts of advantages as they, are the supplier and designer. One of those would be the skills of fans and knowledge. BS are ignoring the USP of fans and tradition by ignoring the obvious. It looks like Fulham's kit, the font on shirts looks overwhelming on the kids and youth sizes and lower league, why use the word Robin on kits like a creche? Why not stridently embrace traditions fans wanted! 

And if anybody asks yes I do have knowledge in design and marketing - It lives with me and has a view on what I purchase for my and her family. 

48 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

With a hint of Frank Lampard's Derby thrown in for good measure....

To give them there correct name.

3 hours ago, just like watching brazil said:

I also not a big fan. That black stripe means the robin won’t show up on tv.

The Robin has to be overpowered by the black band around it.

What do you think of the track suit? With a white band it will stand out - The eye is drawn to the black of the Robins design. That is what black does. 

Archived