IGNORED

New Kit - Here!

Silvio Dante

The issue for me is that this season just gone, I purchased the 14 years size shirt as it fits me better than an adult small and was £15 cheaper.

This season, while if I did the same again I would still get the better fit and cheaper price, it'd be obvious that, given the 'Robins' text, I, a bearded 17-year-old, was wearing a kids City shirt.

Hmm. Worth the ignominy?

4 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

When my sons were little the shirts were a bargain, even if expensive on the face of it. It's all they wanted to wear so hardly any other shirts to buy. Lasted all summer, could wash it overnight and it would be dry and ready on the morning, no ironing. A bargain

Yup, I second this. For the amount of time the shirt was worn compared to any other item of clothing it is good value, with the added bonus as you say as being the easiest thing to launder too.

3 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I pity the supporters of a club that has a worse kit. It would be interesting to know how many of these Brentford sell. 

That is seriously disgusting, colours remind me of everything from the 70’s, all furniture and wallpaper etc was either brown or orange wasn’t it.

1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

DUNDER (HEAD) Does the Bristol fan no favours at all, but wear it, don't worry.  

Yes, I’m concerned that a couple of 7 year olds at my sons primary school might hurl that vicious abuse my way..! 

9 minutes ago, Lympsham Red said:

The issue for me is that this season just gone, I purchased the 14 years size shirt as it fits me better than an adult small and was £15 cheaper.

This season, while if I did the same again I would still get the better fit and cheaper price, it'd be obvious that, given the 'Robins' text, I, a bearded 17-year-old, was wearing a kids City shirt.

Hmm. Worth the ignominy?

Same boat

4 hours ago, cityal said:

It could be worse - Just been talking to the Brentford fan in our office 

This is their away kit for the coming season 

brentford-18-19-away-kit-3.jpg

Their fans reaction to it is best described as "mixed".

How can their kit design meeting possibly have played out...?

”so, we’ve obviously got to keep with Red & white for our home kit, probably still stripes. So what colour shall we go for with the away kit..? Blue..? Green..? Yellow..? Black...? A shit shade of brown..? Oh ok, put your hands down. A shit shade of brown it is then”..!

17 minutes ago, Lympsham Red said:

Hmm. Worth the ignominy?

Don't even kid yourself that you can grow a decent beard at 17 shaggy.

Buy a kids training shirt?

4 hours ago, cityal said:

It could be worse - Just been talking to the Brentford fan in our office 

This is their away kit for the coming season 

brentford-18-19-away-kit-3.jpg

Their fans reaction to it is best described as "mixed".

Just think, we`ll have the pleasure of seeing that abomination on Boxing Day for anyone who may still be feeling a tad queasy from the celebrations.

45 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Don't even kid yourself that you can grow a decent beard at 17 shaggy.

Buy a kids training shirt?

You're right, it doesn't quite join up in the middle yet but it's a lot better than some of the ones I've seen on my peers!

I reckon that's what I'll do, at least to start off with. Love the white training top with the robin. To be honest I reckon I'll buy the away kit in a kids size anyway, when it's released. I'll wear my ROBINS with pride. :laughcont:

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Just think, we`ll have the pleasure of seeing that abomination on Boxing Day for anyone who may still be feeling a tad queasy from the celebrations.

Given it’s the season of goodwill, I think we should offer to play in our away kit for that match to save them from embarrassing themselves. 

3 hours ago, Lympsham Red said:

Hmm. Worth the ignominy?

No ignominy

How much nicer to have 'Robins' than the dreadful 'Dunder'

2 hours ago, RedM said:

That is seriously disgusting, colours remind me of everything from the 70’s, all furniture and wallpaper etc was either brown or orange wasn’t it.

It reminded me of the T-shirts I had in the 70's pretty much the exact look bar it had a collar - I have to be honest as a one of retro style kit, I kinda like it.

10 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

All this talk of kits, I’ve only just seen this monstrosity from Plymouth for their away kit this year. Don’t know where to start. 

Green, for an away kit for a team who wear green at home, and quarters. Well, quarters are just bad anyway.

54E830BC-861C-491A-B3D9-1C881FB0A7D7.jpeg

The green actually looks quite a nice green, butvas you say they wear green at home so it’s surely a no go. And as for quarters, truly horrendous. If they want to be associated with ‘that lot’ they need a rethink.

11 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

All this talk of kits, I’ve only just seen this monstrosity from Plymouth for their away kit this year. Don’t know where to start. 

Green, for an away kit for a team who wear green at home, and quarters. Well, quarters are just bad anyway.

I would guess they don't have to change many times a year, if at all next year, due to colour clashes. So it is purely marketing. If you think we have 3 options for fans to buy, then Plymuff would be missing out having one. Plus they are proud of their green and with no real reason to change colour why would they? 
As for the quarters, obviously paying homage to the massiveness that is 'The gAss'  :worship2:

On 21/06/2018 at 09:25, EnderMB said:

I'm not particularly fussed about the Robin returning, because the crest is nice enough, if not a little boring.

What I'm worried about is the club not checking with the Football League around the rules of having one badge. It was only two years ago that the club had to backtrack on their stupid sleeve hashtag idea, so it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't check this beforehand, and the Robin is forced to go.

:thumbsup:

15984355-E9B8-4422-9DF8-E7732005C489.png

22 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Imagine if they were to rock up at a ground for a vital end of season match where the hosts were in danger of relegation and were told they couldn`t wear this kit due to a clash.

Presumably they would have to play in the home team`s second kit.

What could possibly go wrong?

Archived