IGNORED

New Kit - Here!

Silvio Dante

1 minute ago, Robin TBW said:

Not a fan of that at all. Rather pay the extra £10 and get them a small adults size... Even if it would touch their ankles. 

The point is it's illegal to put a gambling sponsor on a childrens product. Most clubs just remove it altogether and have it blank, which looks nothing like the kit they see their heroes playing in. This keeps the look of the kit which I think is a decent idea.

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

We'll wear the purple and lime more than this won't we?

P and L

Brentford

'Boro

Sheff Utd

Stoke

W and B

Forest

Rotherham

Villa maybe.

I think we'll wear this as much as possible for 'marketing'. Wouldn't be surprised to see us have a white shorts version for any clashes with black shorts. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

The point is it's illegal to put a gambling sponsor on a childrens product. Most clubs just remove it altogether and have it blank, which looks nothing like the kit they see their heroes playing in. This keeps the look of the kit which I think is a decent idea.

Master stroke in comparison to what other clubs do where the kids shirts cannot display a boozer/gambling product.

2 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

Not a fan of that at all. Rather pay the extra £10 and get them a small adults size... Even if it would touch their ankles. 

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Yep , simple idea but credit where it's due. 
I think the Robin really stands out against the black, looks really good.

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Makes me think that we should try to find a company called "Rob(b)ins" to sponsor our kit in future....

I'm not particularly fussed about the Robin returning, because the crest is nice enough, if not a little boring.

What I'm worried about is the club not checking with the Football League around the rules of having one badge. It was only two years ago that the club had to backtrack on their stupid sleeve hashtag idea, so it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't check this beforehand, and the Robin is forced to go.

3 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

I'm not particularly fussed about the Robin returning, because the crest is nice enough, if not a little boring.

What I'm worried about is the club not checking with the Football League around the rules of having one badge. It was only two years ago that the club had to backtrack on their stupid sleeve hashtag idea, so it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't check this beforehand, and the Robin is forced to go.

You'd hope that having been down that embarrassing road before, we've done our homework this time and sought the dispensation required!

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

It's all a bit Fulham.

You mean premier league bound?

If the sponsors name was above the black stripe would they be called Dover?

13 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

And there’s me wondering if I could squeeze into a kids shirt, really like the Robins logo instead of Dunder.

46 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Catering for our fanbase too, "available up 5XL" :cool:

Tomlin returning perhaps? :)

5 minutes ago, Tyna said:

Although away kit now available nothing showing for us ladies. Also training kit 2018/19 show crest on home and third kit.

Ladies kit about to be released ( photo attached) but there's been a bit of a delay as they have been trying to work out where  to put the robin.

It's also available in sizes up to 5XL.

ola.jpg

1 hour ago, tomo said:

Yep - my son convinced me to buy an adult - wore it once...talk about RED NECK!

You should always wash your garments before wearing them . The chemicals used in the manufacturing process can be nocive to the body .

If you buy something from a boutique you don't know who's tried it on previously ! 

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

And there’s me wondering if I could squeeze into a kids shirt, really like the Robins logo instead of Dunder.

Snap, I have just emailed the club to ask the chest size of the largest kids one.

Have to say I love the away kit and while I am disappointed that the Robin may not appear on the home shirt or P & L, it is clever of the club.  They may use this as a sales tester for next year before returning it to all shirts and they know that this move is likely to increase shirt sales - who wouldn't want to have an attractive home shirt AND a shirt with the Robin on it?  Cynical? Definitely arguable, but you can see the rationale.

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

If the home shirt has the crest it’ll be interesting to see which shirt sells more?

I don't think it will, Bristol City Council were going to charge us to use it, I thought that's why we've gone back to the robin

1 hour ago, tomo said:

Yep - my son convinced me to buy an adult - wore it once...talk about RED NECK!

Bought my son one first and he refused to wear it again as it left his neck sore .. I chose not to buy one after that .

3 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I don't think it will, Bristol City Council were going to charge us to use it, I thought that's why we've gone back to the robin

I've seen zero proof of this. 

Just now, Major Isewater said:

Are they twins ? 

No, one is typically slightly bigger than the other. 

57 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

As a grown man, I can confirm I won’t be buying this. :yawn:

Me neither, Fordy, but I do like it
I'm getting me one of those tracky tops that Watkins was modelling last week, really liked that. And a little more forgiving than these football shirts nowadays. I'm afraid curry, alcohol and the love of a good woman has done me no good at all around the old midships

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Me neither, Fordy, but I do like it
I'm getting me one of those tracky tops that Watkins was modelling last week, really liked that. And a little more forgiving than these football shirts nowadays. I'm afraid curry, alcohol and the love of a good woman has done me no good at all around the old midships

Same here, too old for wearing kits (unless it's a retro one) so I'll be checking out the t shirts / training tops available as usual. 

That said, I do like the white and black, very smart. 

Archived