IGNORED

why are we at home on the same saturday as other lot?

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

Sheffield Wednesday on october 6th

not sure what to think about being at home on the same mid week games

against Hull City

How,why , what...  I have to ask. Why were you on their site checking fixture by fixture. I know daytime TV is shite but really :read:

Well spotted though.

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

against Hull City

If the city of Bristol can’t cope with 24k at our fixture and 6k at their fixture then there’s something wrong.

My birthday, so leave our fixture be! 

10 years or so ago when first promoted we played Sheffield United and were on the tv on my birthday, and won. That’s when they were a huge scalp, just been relegated I think and we had just been promoted. One of our first big TV games too.

Funny how time moves on, I no longer think of a fixture against then as being a big game and certainly not a big deal as it was back then.

7 minutes ago, David Brent said:

If the city of Bristol can’t cope with 24k at our fixture and 6k at their fixture then there’s something wrong.

Spot on, I went to watch us away at Leicester once and the Leicester Tigers rugby team was at home on the same afternoon just up the road...traffic was a bit rubbish but both games had similar crowds and were adequately dealt with by the police etc with no drama...

25 minutes ago, RedM said:

10 years or so ago when first promoted we played Sheffield United and were on the tv on my birthday, and won. That’s when they were a huge scalp, just been relegated I think and we had just been promoted. One of our first big TV games too.

Funny how time moves on, I no longer think of a fixture against then as being a big game and certainly not a big deal as it was back then.

slightly early Happy Birthday

(Or a very late one, depending on how you look at it)

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

against Hull City

Because they are so tin pot and irrelevant that nobody actually gives a toss about them. :laughcont:

49 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Not sure I can sort it, but we have identified it. 

Conversations on going with both clubs as we speak. 

On a nice day like today..? Surely Darrell will be busy with his dogs..?!

6 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Depends on the opponents.  If we had Millwall and they had Pompey, the police would never allow it.. 

Yes common sense obviously needs to come into it but I can’t see Gas v Walsall requiring an awful lot of police resource, not even 9k there last season. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Iirc, Jon Stead was playing for United that day.

My second ever game was on my 8th birthday v Carlisle Utd and we won 2-1. Ever since then, when we play on my birthday if it is a game against opponents who traditionally play in blue we win. If it is against opponents who traditionally play in red we lose. 8 or 9 years ago we were home to Sheff Utd on my birthday. We were two-nil down which I had confidently predicted due to the actions of the Gods, then a remarkable thing happened, we pulled two late goals back, the equaliser coming in about the 4th minute of time added on. I looked to the Gods and told them that this was unusual on my birthday against a trad red team. Whereupon, straight from the kick off Darius Henderson scored their winner. That was it. I've never dared to believe there'd be any other outcome on my birthday. And since then, on my special day, we've walloped Peterborough 3-0 away and then been thrashed 3-0 at Rotherham.

Good news, just looked at fixtures and we will be away to Ipswich on my birthday. Just hope it doesn't get moved to the Friday night for TV coverage.

4 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Because a competent police force should be able to deal with two events at the same time in a large city? 

I was working in Cardiff a few years back and on a Friday night Cardiff were at home to (I think) Forest and there was rugby at the Millennium the same night. Add in the normal Friday pisshead problems and it should have been carnage but it wasn`t.

I hate to say it but if the Heddlu can do it why can`t A&S?

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

I was working in Cardiff a few years back and on a Friday night Cardiff were at home to (I think) Forest and there was rugby at the Millennium the same night. Add in the normal Friday pisshead problems and it should have been carnage but it wasn`t.

I hate to say it but if the Heddlu can do it why can`t A&S?

Because it's Bristol... we can't build a much needed arena or even run a new metro bus! But you've gotta love the place. It's what makes us special!

Archived