IGNORED

Mark Lawrenson

MC RISK77

I groaned when I turned on the tv and heard who the commentators were. Puts me off watching. 

He makes a comment and you can hear his smugness at how intelligent/knowledgeable/clever or funny he thinks he is. 

Ugghhhh

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

The ITV have done so much better with the pundits/commentators. 

Just a shame about the adverts... 

Ok I am going to sound controversial but need to get off my chest how does everyone feel about the tick box on diversity and inclusion In respect of women now being a part of commentary teams and panels?

i am trying hard to be objective but not sure how much Alex Scott, eni eluko and Jacqui oatley add to the party and it all appears a little awkward when they are sat next to true footballing greats.

i may be slaughtered for this but meh I can take it but world has gone pc mad

Hate him.

At least they have stopped the plastic Irishman from doing the England games any more.

Remember once under Sven he started all this “we” nonsense, forgetting I suppose that he pretended to be Irish to play international football.

1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

Ok I am going to sound controversial but need to get off my chest how does everyone feel about the tick box on diversity and inclusion In respect of women now being a part of commentary teams and panels?

i am trying hard to be objective but not sure how much Alex Scott, eni eluko and Jacqui oatley add to the party and it all appears a little awkward when they are sat next to true footballing greats.

I completely agree tbh

Alex Scott to be fair to her has been good, the other two haven't though and the woman who commentated on the Portugal game yesterday really got on my nerves. 

I get the BBC trying to be more forward thinking in bringing women in but they could at least bring some in who are knowledgable about football

4 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Should be no where near men's football. Absolutely clueless the lot of them, add nothing. No problem if they want to do it for women's football but that's my TV license money being absolutely wasted.

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I completely agree tbh

Alex Scott to be fair to her has been good, the other two haven't though and the woman who commentated on the Portugal game yesterday really got on my nerves. 

I get the BBC trying to be more forward thinking in bringing women in but they could at least bring some in who are knowledgable about football

Agree with this. She was absolutely awful, and very noticeably so. Jacqui Oatley and to an extent Alex Scott have been ok imho. Certainly better than Phil Neville and Mark Lawrenson that's for sure. Haven't really seen Eni Aluko. People should be there on merit and there's people of both genders who don't deserve to be. Think Evra is terrible as well. 

Just now, lenred said:

Agree with this. She was absolutely awful, and very noticeably so. Jacqui Oatley and to an extent Alex Scott have been ok imho. Certainly better than Phil Neville and Mark Lawrenson that's for sure. Haven't really seen Eni Aluko. People should be there on merit and there's people of both genders who don't deserve to be. Think Evra is terrible as well. 

Jacqie oatley is awful I used to remember when she did match of the day commentary and they used to give her the shit games that were always on last and her excited goal voice used to make my teeth itch

1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

Jacqie oatley is awful I used to remember when she did match of the day commentary and they used to give her the shit games that were always on last and her excited goal voice used to make my teeth itch

I've only seen her in the studio this year - haven't heard any commentary - so maybe that's why! She's ok presenting on the radio as well. 

2 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

This is gonna come across as sexist, but women haven't got a clue about football , and to have one as a commentator or pundit is just wrong. They should be making tea for their man!

Surely ironing and washing to do as well, no need to get in the way of football!

3 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

This is gonna come across as sexist, but women haven't got a clue about football , and to have one as a commentator or pundit is just wrong. They should be making tea for their man!

Agree nothing to do with sexism. Unfortunately though it’s going to happen more and more. I think ML is an appalling football pundit commentator. I think the female pundits don’t need to be on men’s football. They have a brilliant opportunity to progress their own game. Women commentators on men’s football is wrong 

8 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

Well yes that is sexist.

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

Agree nothing to do with sexism. Unfortunately though it’s going to happen more and more. I think ML is an appalling football pundit commentator. I think the female pundits don’t need to be on men’s football. They have a brilliant opportunity to progress their own game. Women commentators on men’s football is wrong 

I'd go as far as arguing that the female game should have female commentators only.

6 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Well yes, it will, because it is sexist. I'm hoping that this was sarcasm and you're just fishing for a reaction! 

Bullshit . Because a man or woman doesn’t like a female commentator is sexist. People haven’t got to like things because it’s politically correct. Women commentators are shit 

Bunch of idiots in here, some of these comments ffs :facepalm:

I'll agree the pundits aren't necessarily the best, same with the women commentators I've heard. But there are tons of absolutely crap male pundits and commentators too. With a smaller sample size, it's mathematically going to be slightly longer before you find a great female pundit purely because there are less of them.

I think in general most pundits are a bit irritating or a bit crap to be fair.

Archived