IGNORED

Mark Lawrenson

MC RISK77

10 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Well yes that is sexist.

I'd go as far as arguing that the female game should have female commentators only.

No it’s not sexist. It’s an opinion. We’re all aloud one . My wife thinks the female commentary is shit . I don’t like it . But there is so much opportunity for women in football . Which is fantastic. No need to try and prove a point. People can give this a rubbish. But women’s commentatory in football is shit . I don’t want to listen to women commentating on men’s football.

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

No it’s not sexist. It’s an opinion. We’re all aloud one . My wife thinks the female commentary is shit . I don’t like it . But there is so much opportunity for women in football . Which is fantastic. No need to try and prove a point. People can give this a rubbish. But women’s commentatory in football is shit 

You can have an opinion that's fine. But if you think that saying all women's commentary is shit isn't sexist then that's ridiculous. By definition it literally is.

Just now, nebristolred said:

You can have an opinion that's fine. But if you think that saying all women's commentary is shit isn't sexist then that's ridiculous. By definition it literally is.

Bullshit . I don’t like listening to women chatting about men’s football. I would rather listen to ex players or managers . If you’re happy then fine . I don’t like it . Not sexist 

2 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Not really though is it, if you can name one good female commentator/pundit I'd like to hear it... 

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

No it’s not sexist. It’s an opinion. We’re all aloud one . My wife thinks the female commentary is shit . I don’t like it . But there is so much opportunity for women in football . Which is fantastic. No need to try and prove a point. People can give this a rubbish. But women’s commentatory in football is shit . I don’t want to listen to women commentating on men’s football.

'They should be making tea for their men'

Now I originally deleted my comment because in hindsight I think (hope) Hello Dave was probably joking.

If you seriously don't understand how your comments are sexist then you sir, are a ******* idiot.

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Not really though is it, if you can name one good female commentator/pundit I'd like to hear it... 

Jesus Christ. If you are automatically saying you don't like all female commentators on the basis that they are female that is literally the definition of sexism.

I'm not saying you can't have that opinion. I'm not telling you what to think. I'm just stating the facts. Whether I know any decent female pundits is completely irrelevant.

You're literally too stupid to be alive.

Ah the insult . :pacifier:

Jesus Christ. If you are automatically saying you don't like all female commentators on the basis that they are female that is literally the definition of sexism.

I'm not saying you can't have that opinion. I'm not telling you what to think. I'm just stating the facts. Whether I know any decent female pundits is completely irrelevant.

Sexist 

1 minute ago, nebristolred said:

You're literally too stupid to be alive.

No he is not it’s all about opinions and many more agree with him than don’t I would suggest. He has also said so much opportunity for women in their own sport which suggests he appreciates the fact the women’s game is growing.

1 minute ago, nebristolred said:

Nobody said they didn't like female commentators because they are women... 

It's more the fact that there are no decent women pundits or commentators out there, the only half decent one I've seen is Alex Scott, but she's the best of a pretty awful bunch. 

Until that changes its obvious that there are no female commentators who are good at commentating or being pundits, nothing to do with them being women they just aren't very good at it regardless

3 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Now I originally deleted my comment because in hindsight I think (hope) Hello Dave was probably joking.

If you seriously don't understand how your comments are sexist then you sir, are a ******* idiot.

Ha ha you sensitive little ***

Just now, MC RISK77 said:

No he is not it’s all about opinions and many more agree with him than don’t I would suggest. He has also said so much opportunity for women in their own sport which suggests he appreciates the fact the women’s game is growing.

It's not all about opinions! Yes, of course he is allowed his opinion. But whether the statement he made is sexist or not is fact, not opinion.

You can say you don't happen to like any of the current female pundits. That is completely fair. But if you say you hate all female pundits because they are female, then that is by definition sexism.

Anyways enough of the lesson in semantics. Back to how much of a **** Mark Lawrenson is...

1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

Saying that all women cannot commentate on football because they are shit because they are women is sexist. That's a fact.

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

It's more the fact that there are no decent women pundits or commentators out there, the only half decent one I've seen is Alex Scott, but she's the best of a pretty awful bunch. 

Until that changes its obvious that there are no female commentators who are good at commentating or being pundits, nothing to do with them being women they just aren't very good at it regardless

"women’s commentatory in football is shit . I don’t want to listen to women commentating on men’s football."

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

No one seems to have noticed that Gabby Logan is also a woman and has been an exceptional broadcaster in football for years. She was a gymnast.

+1, she's outstanding and puts several to shame.

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Well these quotes like this suggest otherwise:

"women haven't got a clue about football , and to have one as a commentator or pundit is just wrong. They should be making tea for their man! "

But yes, that final bit is completely fair enough and not what I have a problem with :clap:

6 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

For balance, I also think Mark Lawrenson should be making the tea!

Well these quotes like this suggest otherwise:

"women haven't got a clue about football , and to have one as a commentator or pundit is just wrong. They should be making tea for their man! "

But yes, that final bit is completely fair enough and not what I have a problem with :clap:

Stop getting your knickers in a twist 

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

No one seems to have noticed that Gabby Logan is also a woman and has been an exceptional broadcaster in football for years. She was a gymnast.

Women have to be able to bend over backwards to make it in sports broadcasting.

1 hour ago, archie andrews said:

him an roy keane could drive a man to drink....

Lawrenson could drive a man to drink. 

Keane would punch his lights out when he'd had a few.

3 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

"women’s commentatory in football is shit . I don’t want to listen to women commentating on men’s football."

+1, she's outstanding and puts several to shame.

To be honest I didn't see the first quote, don't agree with that at all as I would like to hear women getting in to men's football, just as long as they aren't taking the role from a man who commentates better just because they are a woman if you get what I mean... 

Gabby logan has certainly improved as a pundit, still think she has plenty to work on though to be at the level of others. At least she is better than lawro... 

Archived