IGNORED

Home shirt just announced (Many merges)

bcfcshorey

6 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

My two trains of thought on this...

1. The club have applied to the FL and got permission which is granted for special cases such as anniversary’s, occasions etc

or, what I think is the more likely...

2. The club have absolutely no intention of ever using the white robin shirt and have instead declared the purple and lime kit to the FL, the purple and lime shirt has the crest and is to be revealed tommorow. The white shirt is just a cynical marketing ploy that enables them to sell more shirts...

:rolleyes:

Agree, I think we'll just use purple and lime, some will then just buy the away shirt for the robin

29 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I really liked last seasons kit with the thin white stripes...Shame they moved away from that after only one year. Not a massive fan of the white band on this one

Its not the modus operandii to remain with one design for more than 12 months though is it.

12 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

I don't like either designs. The pattern looks thrown together with the black or white bar across the chest and just a bit messy and the collar doesn't look right but they're never going to please everyone all of the time so I'm not that bothered.

Must be hard to come up with a new design every single year. Be better to stay with one design for 5 years and not rape the fans quite so much.

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Its not the modus operandii to remain with one design for more than 12 months though is it.

Must be hard to come up with a new design every single year. Be better to stay with one design for 5 years and not rape the fans quite so much.

Because that makes good business sense, when we are already well behind many other clubs financially..! 

I cant wait to buy my son his new kit. He wears them constantly and that makes them pretty good value in my opinion. 

Just a very “meh” kit. Problem for me is the white band isn’t a band, because it doesn’t go across the entire shirt. It’s just a rectangle. Would have looked far better with a band at the same level as the sponsor, wrapping around the whole shirt. And even in the photos the cut doesn’t appear that great.

All very average. Would love to see us in an Under Armour or Adidas kit.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Just a very “meh” kit. Problem for me is the white band isn’t a band, because it doesn’t go across the entire shirt. It’s just a rectangle. Would have looked far better with a band at the same level as the sponsor, wrapping around the whole shirt. And even in the photos the cut doesn’t appear that great.

Yeah, because ADIDAS did such a great job at supplying our kit last time..!

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

That was my impression yesterday, it’s like the strip has been used to blank out a mistake ( maybe it has :laughcont:), a bit of an afterthought rather than a design.

With references to the ‘boro kit I googled to see what it was like. Yes very similar, also saw their fans had been queueing from 2.30am to get it when it went on sale a few days ago. Can’t see anyone doing that here! 

Just average in my opinion. I think it would’ve looked better with the white stripe go through the Dunder logo more like the old Hirerite kits. Not sure why but think it looks a lot nicer on the away kit, probably because of that sexy Robin badge giving it a retro look.

49 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think the sponsor looks good. And it’s mostly red  

There, I’m out of positives 

48 minutes ago, RedM said:

On both kits I don’t think the bands were needed. 

I am sure the Dundee people will be pleased about this, but I like the band because it draws the eye and I didn't really notice the advert.

39 minutes ago, RedM said:

I’m hoping for a decent purple shirt.

It'll be the same shirt in the other colours, I think it, they look OK. I wonder if it would look better with the band as it was on the 86/87 Hireite one.

24 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Exactly.

Also a bugbear of mine. It started with a new shirt every year, home then away. At least those that buy the new ones got 2 years out of them, and still bought a new one every year. Now it's 2 or three new kits EVERY year, thing is , while the sales are still good they won't change. Plus as they don't do discounted ones after they announce the next new batch, there is only one way of getting a certain shirt. Good marketing or fleecing ? Could be said to be the different sides of the same coin.

Archived