IGNORED

Home shirt just announced (Many merges)

bcfcshorey

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

This is the all time best one for me....

AED59DE1-A758-49C3-B6B8-E07FEF7CC14A.jpeg

Bit before my time, but I understand that this is iconic due to the history of the club at that time.

Hard to be very attached to something that was decades old when you started watching city though... and I've been an ST holder for 20 years...

Horrible. As others have said we are not Middlesbrough. 

I don't mind the away shirt, you can experiment there, but the home shirt is one for the purists. It's your baseline brand, and this one now looks confused.

Also with an interest in graphic design and amateur psychology, I can't help but spot a major difference between the visual impact of the home and away designs.

Blocks of colour are impactful and a block of black across a minimalist white shirt is the strongest focus of the shirt and has the effect of "puffing out the chest".

The home shirt is the opposite. I read the block of white across the chest as a fussy design, diluting the bold red, a regressive impact, opposite of "puffing out the chest".

Over analysing perhaps but I was trying to work out why I didn't like the home shirt. At a guess if you were playing you 'd feel much sharper pulling on the away shirt.

1 hour ago, bcfcshorey said:

Think this is the closest you'll get to plain...

image.thumb.png.bb9aac99d6640af2e39ce94b7d579fbc.png

Not a bad shirt all told.However.Badge ALWAYS on the left hand side of any football related shirt/jacket/hoodie/coat/sweatshirt etc.No exceptions.Ever!

43 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

This is the all time best one for me....

AED59DE1-A758-49C3-B6B8-E07FEF7CC14A.jpeg

Yes! I had both the red home shirt and white away, and we kept the same kit for about five consecutive seasons so my parents didn't have to stump up for a new one every year.

I would return to that approach. My sportswear business would be a spectacular disaster of course, but the world would be a better place. 

Another favourite:

Mann_Jimmy.jpg

3 hours ago, SecretSam said:

After seeing the away kit, no surprise.

That white band makes me think of Boro', and their history of vile, nasty kits

Exactly my first thought. "Are you Boro in disguise..." is what we'll be hearing all season.

1 hour ago, BoneyardTIM said:

homestory.jpg.b8b8e7970ffd57c7e25e67dbaa36c26f.jpgI would buy something like this

Is the absolute shambles of a badge intentional or what?

EDIT: Apparently a word that rhymes with fustercluck changes to absolute shambles. That's a new one.

As Jim Bowen would have said - let's see what you could have won!

A wider white band, but the red picked up in the shorts.

This idea was rejected as the sponsor wasn't happy that there was no where to put their name and the club wasn't happy with such a small amount of red in the kit and they wanted a model with a beard..

I do apologise for reposting this photograph and it's sexist nature.

ola 09.36.09.jpg

Personally think it looks substantially nicer than last seasons - although I love the pinstripe design of last seasons, the red just didn't seem right to me? Couple that with the fact that whenever we wore alternate red shorts they were of a completely different shade it was all a bit meh for me. This is a nice shirt, so is the away one. Probably be the first couple of shirts I will buy since our promotion season.

If the keeper shirt is yellow with a green band across it, I may even get the full set :laugh: collecting shirts is an expensive past time.

Archived