IGNORED

Home shirt just announced (Many merges)

bcfcshorey

4 minutes ago, OwBeOn said:

homestory.jpg

There we go!! The wait is over 

#announcethekit

Not keen at all.

Looks like a mix between a training top/Boros shirt. 

Love the away kit but this one isn’t taking my fancy one bit 

7 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

After seeing the away kit, no surprise.

That white band makes me think of Boro', and their history of vile, nasty kits

Just asked my 12 year old daughter, she loves it

Especially the stripe

Kids, eh?

I would have had white panels down the side, under the sleeves, or just plain red

5 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

I agree but I don't know why... it's the same as the away which I love, but this one is meh.

Why though????

I think it’s the badge on the away, which gives it that retro feel. 

And the face Boro play in red. 

And the fact our training kit last year was red with a black stripe maybe?

12 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I really liked last seasons kit with the thin white stripes...Shame they moved away from that after only one year. Not a massive fan of the white band on this one

Yep, the white band on the shirt ruins it for me. Just stick with the bloody robin crest too. 

I don't like either designs. The pattern looks thrown together with the black or white bar across the chest and just a bit messy and the collar doesn't look right but they're never going to please everyone all of the time so I'm not that bothered. Not annoyed about it, just the way it is.

For me, it hasn't justified the hype of the reveal teasers but that's just me. Others will love it. 

Just want the signings to arrive and the season to start.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

The resemblance to Boro probably spoils it for many. I wouldn’t be surprised to see away kit sales being substantially closer to home kit sales this year and then hopefully the robin on the home shirt next season.

I’m hoping for a decent purple shirt.

Don’t mind it. 

Still not totally convinced the club have got the proper permission to have a different badge for the home and away kit but we’ll see what happens.

Some people on Social Media were worried about blue creeping into our kits as red has done on the Rugby shirt. Still no sign of that...plus they haven’t tried to Americanise (if that’s a word?) our badge like the egg chasers.

Could be worse...

The Badge Debate - if it is true that we can not have 2 badges, when we actually play in the away white strip, the players shirts will simply have the coat of arms badge on it - simples!

It's a marketing initiative to be fair to see if the away shirt sells more than last year with the 'robin back' 

TBF - Home shirt doesn't look as good as the white away with the 'white boro like panel' but fans will wear it....and most importantly the kids will love it as it's a new Bristol City kit - stop the moans and if any adults love wearing a replica kit on match-day or any day of the week, just wear one of your old shirts that you do like! 

and don't forget we probably have the purple and lime coming anyway with the coat of arms badge as an option as well!

Get over the shirt, let's concentrate on what's really important - SIGNINGS!

20 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

That's strange. I wasn't aware that you could use two badges in the same season. There can't be many teams who do this? 

My two trains of thought on this...

1. The club have applied to the FL and got permission which is granted for special cases such as anniversary’s, occasions etc

or, what I think is the more likely...

2. The club have absolutely no intention of ever using the white robin shirt and have instead declared the purple and lime kit to the FL, the purple and lime shirt has the crest and is to be revealed tommorow. The white shirt is just a cynical marketing ploy that enables them to sell more shirts...

:rolleyes:

Archived