IGNORED

Home shirt just announced (Many merges)

bcfcshorey

38 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

My two trains of thought on this...

1. The club have applied to the FL and got permission which is granted for special cases such as anniversary’s, occasions etc

or, what I think is the more likely...

2. The club have absolutely no intention of ever using the white robin shirt and have instead declared the purple and lime kit to the FL, the purple and lime shirt has the crest and is to be revealed tommorow. The white shirt is just a cynical marketing ploy that enables them to sell more shirts...

:rolleyes:

I don't believe there's anything in either the FA or EFL regulations that prevent a club from using different crests on the home and away shirts. The regulations simply state that clubs must declare their colours to the league. 

I like the kit. Yes, I prefer the away kit and yes I prefer last season's home shirt...but it's a nice bright red and the badge really pops on that white banner. Ok, so it's a bit like a 'boro kit, but aren't kits a variation on a theme?!

#COYR

It’s, surprise surprise, red and white! There are only so many different designs that can be done with a basically red shirt with white trim. People who buy football shirts will buy it because it’s new 

It’s fine. Not the best perhaps but fine. As for looking like a Boro kit, well most shirt designs look like some other club. If all red like Liverpool, red shirt white shorts Manchester United, Swindle etc. Not always, but mostly, Boro’s white band was lower on the shirt. It is the shade of red, the sponsor and club crest/badge that sets it apart. As for the two badges, provided they don’t get into trouble, City have got it right for me. The primary shirt, the home shirt, has the Bristol coat of arms where it belongs. We are Bristol City not the Bristol Robins. 

21 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'm a coat of arms guy but the away shirt is a better shirt this season, black and white works with a chest stripe, the white on red design looks meh

I like the City of Bristol  heraldic coat of arms but the chest stripe soils the shirt for me - not that I'd have bought one anyway.

1 hour ago, MC26 said:

I recall when when had the Adidas kit with the black band across the top and everyone was saying how great it would look if said band was white instead. Well, here it is. 

I quite like it. 

Didn’t we get relegated wearing that kit?

Archived