IGNORED

A difficult start to our summer recruitment

Major Isewater

19 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Amazing, 3 letters removed from what you typed and I changed it from a sentence about English language, into a sentence about Robbored.

Why was that really necessary Jim?  

Like I say to all my critics - just put me on ignore. Im pleased to say the RogerRedHat has done so already. Why not follow his example.

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I qualified my post with

" it appears "

not

' we have missed out ' .

I don't know .

Like you say it's another two weeks before they report back for training, and 6 weeks before kick off, relax, take a break from here, go for a walk, fishing, support England all the way to the final, but don't worry, we are in good hands. 

54 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Why was that really necessary Jim?  

Like I say to all my critics - just put me on ignore. Im pleased to say the RogerRedHat has done so already. Why not follow his example.

He obviously learnt about people like you at Primary School. What about BillyBlueHat and JenniferYellowHat, have they followed suit? 

7 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Nothing to worry about, we'll sign who we need.

Surely this summer our stock is as high as it has ever been, and we must be quite attractive to the pool of players we are aiming for.

There are so many reasons why we should be able to recruit the players we are after:

Stable club, top class stadium, League Cup run and improved profile, good management and ownership, play a decent standard of football, etc.

That was the case until January. 

Good management? I don’t think so. 

Play a decent standard of football? Not in many games since January. 

All of the points you have made were absolutely the case prior to January. That was when are stock was high and we were an attractive proposition for signings. Golden opportunity to bring in players sadly missed. 

It will be a challenging summer, the dramatic collapse will have put current players into exit mode (if they are able) and put off others coming. People are also forgetting Pack, as he in his last year of contract too, so may also be sold if he will not sign a new one, together with Flint, Reid and Bryan , those are 4 first team starters to replace. It will fall into place for sure, but first and foremost, have we decided how we are going to play, or are we going to make it top as we go along for another season ? 

We got money for Mags, should get decent money for the others too, so funds will be there to attract some decent players. They will just need convincing we are the right place to be. 

18 hours ago, Psychopomp said:

It will be a challenging summer, the dramatic collapse will have put current players into exit mode (if they are able) and put off others coming. People are also forgetting Pack, as he in his last year of contract too, so may also be sold if he will not sign a new one, together with Flint, Reid and Bryan , those are 4 first team starters to replace. It will fall into place for sure, but first and foremost, have we decided how we are going to play, or are we going to make it top as we go along for another season ? 

We got money for Mags, should get decent money for the others too, so funds will be there to attract some decent players. They will just need convincing we are the right place to be. 

How much did mags go for in the end?

BristolLive post from yesterday:

The Robins were dealt a blow yesterday when it emerged that target Dylan McGeouch looks set for a move to Sunderland.

On 22/06/2018 at 10:06, reddogkev said:

Nothing to worry about, we'll sign who we need.

Surely this summer our stock is as high as it has ever been, and we must be quite attractive to the pool of players we are aiming for.

There are so many reasons why we should be able to recruit the players we are after:

Stable club, top class stadium, League Cup run and improved profile, good management and ownership, play a decent standard of football, etc.

Then again, some people post such negative thoughts (poor management, he must go now etc) on here that potential signings might think City is a basket case.

On 22/06/2018 at 12:29, 1960maaan said:

And that gentlemen is an example of an moron:yes:

On 22/06/2018 at 16:15, JamesBCFC said:

Amazing, 3 letters removed from what you typed and I changed it from a sentence about English language, into a sentence about Robbored.

Before basking in the glory of your editing skills resulting in a public slight on @Robbored, perhaps a quick re-read would have alerted you to the fact that “an moron” is clearly incorrect.....if you wanted to achieve your objective, a fourth letter should have also been removed....

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Before basking in the glory of your editing skills resulting in a public slight on @Robbored, perhaps a quick re-read would have alerted you to the fact that “an moron” is clearly incorrect.....if you wanted to achieve your objective, a fourth letter should have also been removed....

Cheers BS4, I'll double check the grammar before I publicly slight Robbored next time.

54 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Robbored is the daft Ada to the OTIB saga. 

Is this a new page on the Forum ?  I know many on here are, ummm , experienced fans lets say. But I didn't know we had our own elderly travel service and holiday company  links. :cool2:

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s ok! I was only joshing! Why such ‘feeling’ towards Robbored though?

A dislike of WUMs rather than a dislike of Robbored.

I'm reluctant to block anyone because I think everyone on here makes a valid point on occasion, even those I disagree with most!

But, as Robbored deliberately goes out of his way to be an arse (for lack of a better word), he deserves the stick he gets from time to time IMO.

Archived